What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Hot Tub Time Machine (2010)

Another one of these comedies that try to be 'cool' rather than funny, for me you either go hilarious or nothing as subtle humour of this kind only works if it's very dark.

John Cusack is one of my favourite actors but he really struggles here to cope with a limited script, he managed it in Grosse Point Blanke but at least had an interesting plot to work with.

It was watchable but it just couldn't keep my interest focussed at all. When I was paying full attention it was okay, nothing great though.

6/10

The Poughkeepsie Tapes ( 2007 )

What a piece of shit this turned out to be. After the initial hype it got pre-release, and the idea of the story, I was excited to see it. They completely turn up the evil of the murderer. To the point where it's just stupid and forced. Yes, I get the point. He's a nasty piece of work. The way it was filmed was shit as well. The handheld thing can work in some movies if done right. I thought Cloverfield did a great job with it as did REC and The Blair Witch. This was just rotten though.

1/10

The Poughkeepsie Tapes ( 2007 )

What a piece of shit this turned out to be. After the initial hype it got pre-release, and the idea of the story, I was excited to see it. They completely turn up the evil of the murderer. To the point where it's just stupid and forced. Yes, I get the point. He's a nasty piece of work. The way it was filmed was shit as well. The handheld thing can work in some movies if done right. I thought Cloverfield did a great job with it as did REC and The Blair Witch. This was just rotten though.

1/10

God dammit, I've got it on my computer. Hyped by Kevin Smith as well!

I see 'Wrong Turn at Tahoe' is on Sky Anytime just now. Is it worth investing a couple of hours on?

Never heard of it, but it's only the directors second film... his first P2 was barely passable when it definitely had the potential to be much better!

Tron Legacy,

boring pish, kept feeling like it was going to get going but never did, the set pieces were not up to much and the story linking it all together just didn't. It never really explained itself properly and the main characters are just strangers and I didn't care what happened to them.

There are one or two "bombshells" that when dropped there is no reaction because it's obvious stuff that my 11 year old had figured out.

At the end I felt like Charlton Heston kneeling in the sand screaming "Damn you all to hell",

I was looking forward to this and they fucked it up.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.

Pretty damn good as it happens. A lot of people reckon that nothing much happens in it - I'm not sure what film they were watching, and the plot isn't hard to follow so far as I can see.

Strange film - moving and a bit disturbing - but really fits in the context of the other films.

7/10

Pretty damn good as it happens. A lot of people reckon that nothing much happens in it - I'm not sure what film they were watching, and the plot isn't hard to follow so far as I can see.

Strange film - moving and a bit disturbing - but really fits in the context of the other films.

7/10

What actually happened, I was drunk, bored, depressed and the fire alarm went off so didn't see x amount of it? Could you stick it in spoiler tags, or a PM, please?

7/10

It's bemused me why this film has received so much criticism, particularly for large periods of the protagonists just sitting about in forests. It's a pretty damn faithful reproduction of the book. It's not like they're going to mess with the story, so I'm unsure as to what these people expected.

It's bemused me why this film has received so much criticism, particularly for large periods of the protagonists just sitting about in forests. It's a pretty damn faithful reproduction of the book. It's not like they're going to mess with the story, so I'm unsure as to what these people expected.

If the film wasn't so long, people would only moan that too much of the story was missing. Personally, I can't wait to see it, I just haven't had time yet.

Narnia 3 or whatever it was called. We had Ms Kiwi's neice and nephew at the weekend so after church (yep, I was in church), we took them to the pics.

I still haven't a clue what it was about, but the kids enjoyed it huh.gif