What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Toy Story 3 on the plane the other. Absolutely brilliant, possibly the best of the three. Very dark and melancholic, laugh out loud funny in many places, and an absolute weepy of an ending. Top stuff. Oscar material. 9/10

I too watched this recently and I completely agree.

The bit where they accept their fate and hold hands as they enter the fiery bit got me

True Grit.

Latest in the Cohen's long line of films. This one features a 14 year old kid and a drunken sheriff chasing an outlaw. The kid can quip with the best of them, there are some genuinely funny lines, and, unlike most of their recent work, a constant if simple narrative. Still, the characters are inconsistent at best, and it's almost too simple a story. I had a nice time. A nice, feel good film.

6.7/10

Cop-out

Pretty good flick. Really funny. Bruce Willis is good as always, I'm not sure about Tracy Morgan, Sean William Scott was hilarious and Jason Lee played a good arsehole in it. The scene with the Morgan dressed as a mobile phone was hilarious.

Can't say I'm surprised when the film opens with Beastie Boy's No Sleep Till Brooklyn

7/10

Shark Tale (2004)

I wasn't expecting to like this as apart from the Shrek films and Madagascar 2 I haven't liked any of Dreamworks films... however this was pretty damn funny!

Great wee story, loads of wee nods to mafia films and a good wee soundtrack used at all the appropriate times throughout the film!

Far better than expected, and well worth the watch despite the ridiculously low mark on IMDb!

8/10

Wicked Little Things (2006)

AKA Zombies (UK)

Scout Taylor-Compton makes an early horror appearance before hitting the mainstream in Rob Zombie's prequels/balls-ups of Halloween as Laurie Strode.

This strangely has nothing to do with the zombies that we all know and love, but to do with the manifestations of ghosts belonging to children killed in a mining disaster in 1913 in Pennsylvania.

Despite the strange premise and being filled with more horror clichés than Prom Night, this film actually works and on several levels. Not only is it fairly tense once they discover what the hell is going on, but the morality of it comes to the fore towards the end in a brilliant way.

Well worth the watch.

7/10

I just made this up there, but sums it up reasonably well...

10 - flawless for that genre

9 - nearly perfect, but with a small flaw (could be a bad actor, or a plothole)

8 - as for 9, except with more flaws

7 - good fun, not a classic but solid enough for what it is

6 - generic film with a couple of high points but barely more than a pass

5 - standard pass mark, nothing bad, nothing good - just kind of there, or it's an awful film but funny enough to make it pass

4 - watchable, but flawed enough to make it fail

3 - bad, but enough so bad it's good points to avoid a lower mark

2 - utterly horrible, but at least one point to make you think it could improve - even if lasts a second

1 - Spawn

Needs some work, especially on the lower scores. I will try and use this as a basis for future scores.

the great raid. the story of american pow's being rescued in the phillipennes during ww2. 6/10

stop loss. about how american soldiers who are due to leave the armt after iraq but get fucked over by the army so they have to go back it lso deals with the emotional problems of being in a war zone. 7/10

home alone 2. that child is an evil little fucker. 6/10

carlito's way. class film sean penn is brilliant 8.5/10

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - 8/10

Brilliant film. Reminded me of 'Brick', with snappy dialogue and a pretty cool mystery. The main parts are all played brilliantly, but Val Kilmer steals the show for me. Genuinely funny too, with the scene in the bar when they are comparing variations of Steven Seagal and Joe Pesci a particular highlight.

Definitely recommend it.