What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Just seen the original version of 'The Hills Have Eyes' for the first time since I was 11.

For it being 1977, pretty harrowing stuff, espeically in the first hour. The end section was more comedy than horror though. Kinda abrubt ending as well. Plot full of holes, but all these 70's horrors were the same. 6/10.

Anyone seen the remake yet?

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Just seen the original version of 'The Hills Have Eyes' for the first time since I was 11.

Yip it's pish. See my rather comprehensive review on the previous page :P

I watched 25th Hour on dvd the other night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm quite a big fan of Edward Norton anyway so i had a fair idea that i would like it before it started. Plus it's got Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Dundee's finest son, Mr Cox in it so it couldn't really fail. Loved the scene near the start when he's in the pisser at his dads pub and he looks into the mirror and slags off everything and everyone.

I'm going to give it 8/10 and the thumbs up :thumsup2

Guest Cesc Fabregas

Yip it's pish. See my rather comprehensive review on the previous page :P

I watched 25th Hour on dvd the other night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm quite a big fan of Edward Norton anyway so i had a fair idea that i would like it before it started. Plus it's got Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Dundee's finest son, Mr Cox in it so it couldn't really fail. Loved the scene near the start when he's in the pisser at his dads pub and he looks into the mirror and slags off everything and everyone.

I'm going to give it 8/10 and the thumbs up :thumsup2

Man, I think it is the best film of all time. That scene is the best film of all time in cinema, better than Are you talking to me? or Say "Heelo" to my leel fren.

The Breakfast Club was superb on Saturday night, I thought Emilo Estevez looked very young and Claire Standish was really hot. Some excellent bits in it, but the ending just seemed to happen, and the characters getting it on seemed too convieient.

8/10.

She is lucky to still be working for her current wages, not often a film gets voted 2.3 / 10 on IMDB (25th worst film of all time - Gigli). And she got $12,000,000 for that!

I know I am going to be slated for this but...... I thought that actually a not bad film.

See seems to be one of these people who is more famous for being famous than anything else.

Edited by ChoppeReid

I agree. She's just quite poor overall.

She's great in the sack.

I saw The Matador last night. 8/10, very very good. Brosnan was sublime, a revelation in fact. Greg Kinnear was great as well but he is always good.

As for Hope Davis....hubba hubba in a bookish, plain but in a hot as hell way :babe2

For it being 1977, pretty harrowing stuff, espeically in the first hour. The end section was more comedy than horror though. Kinda abrubt ending as well. Plot full of holes, but all these 70's horrors were the same. 6/10.

Seeing it tomorrow, against my better judgement...

Have you seen the sequel, it's pretty good :D

I'm going to bite the bullet and go and see this pish on Wednesday.

Despite my anti-Alexandre Aja thread, I feel I have to see it so I can start another rant about how pish it is!

SR, have you seen the original two THHEs? Two of the best TCM homages of all time, only bettered by house of 1000 Corpses.

Oh, Ho1000C 9/10 :D

EDIT: Rob Zombie's gorgeous wife Sheri Moon being in it helps, even though she didn't manage to save the ludicrously bad "The Toolbox Murders" <_<

BTW Night of the Living Dead is getting remade AGAIN! This time in 3D :angry:

EDIT2: The film was made in the same house as "the best little whorehouse in texas"... is that why the sequel was called "the devils rejects"?

I'm warming to going to see this also. I've looked into Alexandre Aja's career and he made the excellent Switchblade Romance Clickster which I have on DVD. It seems he made Hills at Wes Craven's request.

Winona Ryder is a very, very poor actress.

Maybe so but she was very fine in the excellent Heathers :D

Yip it's pish. See my rather comprehensive review on the previous page

Sorry to read that.

Every review i've read of it has been excellent and I was really looking forward to seeing it.

If it's as good as the TCM remake i'll be happy.

:)

Sorry to read that.

Every review i've read of it has been excellent and I was really looking forward to seeing it.

If it's as good as the TCM remake i'll be happy.

:)

Mate if you've not seen the original and its sequel then this remake should be pretty good (it's got a shockingly high IMDB rating for a remake!)

Jupiter and Mars are great characters, although I don't think they'll be exactly the same as the originals.

For a start Jupiter is played by an experienced actor, horror bad guys should always by complete unknowns who have worked 2 or 3 parts previously, at most.

If Aja has been hand picked by Craven, I hope he goes along the style of old Craven films, and not the way that Wes has been working recently - the Scream trilogy style :(

I'm going to see this @ 2.30 at the UGC - it better be worth my £3.90! :D

Bear in mind that this movie is loosely based on Sawney Bean... so think Lothian inbreeds when watching it, and try and spot any Scottish connections in the film.

Watched Switchblade Romance again last night.

Excellent movie, really well done slasher flick with a twist. 8/10

I really hope Aja hasn't blotted his copybook with Hills as he is an excellent up and coming director on this evidence.