What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Inside Man. It's directed by Spike Lee and starts Denzel Washington, Clive Owen and Jodie Foster among others and is an interesting heist movie. I suppose it was kind of formulaic as these things go, but I thought it was well done. Interesting twist and the way the reason for the robbery is explored was quite good. Perhaps a little bit of differing structure could have improved the film, but enjoyable and recommended.

7.5/10

I watched most of American Pie last night.

One thing that struck me was how soppy the ending is. The guy with the curtains who pulls the lassie from the choir and the one with the girlfriend who finally gets to shag her, fucking hell what a pair of wet blankets. You've pulled a nice wee burd - get her pumped you idiots! Thankfully Chris ( :rolleyes: ) makes up for it with the funniest bit in the film when he pulls Stiflers Mom on the pool table, very funny.

"What do you drink?"

"Scotch, aged 18 years. Just how I like it"

:lol:

It probably reflects the fact that you can't have a 'sex' based film, even a supposed gross-out comedy, in the states without a 'romantic' sub-plot for the laydeez. :rolleyes: Either that or portraying sex for the sake of sex or casual, no-strings sex without the 'counterbalance' of involved sex is too much for the states.

Batman Begins

Even Christian Bale couldnt save this one. Predictable, pedestrian fare with nothing to get excited about. 1 thumb up, and only cause of Bales presence

:thumsup2

Resident Evil 2

Even Milla Jovovich couldnt save this one. Predictable, pedestrian fare with nothing to get excited about. 1 thumb up, and only cause of Millas presence

:thumsup2

What a great morning that was <_<

Edited by andycqos

Chicken Little.

I can't remember the last film I saw at the pictures which was n't a U certificate!

Better than Magic Roundabout, but not a patch on Madagascar!

Plot kind of based on the children's tale. Usual computer generated cute animal characters. More or less usual unpopular kids win out kind of theme.

no more than 5/10. harmless family fun. :D

Recent movies watched...(no spoilers as usual)

Irreversible...2 of the most violent scenes ever committed to film and really shocking, even to me. Gaspar Noe's direction is pretty wacky but makes sense.

I wouldn't watch it again though...5/10, interesting direction and good, not great acting in demanding circumstances but be warned, it's fucking gruesome.

A BBT double bill...

Bad Santa...couldn't quite make my mind up as to the point of the movie...not enough comedic bits and Billy Bob Thornton's character was such an arsehole that he didn't deserve any redemption...4/10

The Man Who Wasn't There...BBT again, shot in magnificently steely, beautifully lit B&W. Slowly paced, with a good cast of actors...6/10

Edited by Frank Booth

Recent movies watched...(no spoilers as usual)

Irreversible...2 of the most violent scenes ever committed to film and really shocking, even to me. Gaspar Noe's direction is pretty wacky but makes sense.

I wouldn't watch it again though...5/10, interesting direction and good, not great acting in demanding circumstances but be warned, it's fucking gruesome.

More or less shocking than I Spit on your Grave or Deliverance?

More so....two scenes.

One scene is a lingering shot of a sickeningly realistic assault with a fire extinguisher...the other is a 9 minute long rape scene filmed with one low mounted camera, continuously shooting, no edits.

I don't want to give too much away incase anyone does see it, as I would act regarding any other film I mentioned on here, however you can read all about it on the imdb website.

Saw 2 films last week, one in the flicks, one on DVD

Syriana - Gripping enough, and good performances from Clooney amonst others, but didn't really go anywhere, and without giving anything away, it seemed to say nothing more than "America is corrupt". Well duh! :P 6/10

Beneath the Planet of the Apes - Not a patch on the first one, just a bit too silly with telepathic humans who worship a big bomb. But ye know, talking apes, you can't go wrong. 8/10 :D

Just about the worst thing I have witnessed on film. I can deal with gore and the like but one scene in particular is pretty distressing. I didn't know what it was about and only watched it becuase Monica Belucci was in it. She is a real woman. Boy, the things I've thought about doing to her. Not after watching this though :(

I've been watching some amount of shite recently. I sat down and watched Bride and Prejudice at the weekend while steamboats. After that I endured AVP.

I'd give Bride and P a 3/10 for the tasty bird in it and AVP gets a 3/10 as well as I thought I'd enjoy it more whilst rubbered. I didn't. A nice bit of skirt might have made it more watchable.

That's got me thinking. I'm off to my blog to discuss my favourite good looking actresses.