What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Watchmen (2009)

Having never read the graphic novel beforehand and not knowing much about the movie I wasn't sure what I would make of this. It turns out that it was pretty good!

7/10

Went and saw Super 8 today, loved it.

The train scene was really good, and the way the wreck was shot it really reminded me of Lost, obviously it's not surprising since JJ Abrams who was one of the main directors on Lost. Not just the obvious connections with the two crashs but a lot of the shots and dialogue was really reminiscent.

I thought the CGI was pretty good on the monster, although the story got a wee bit hokey towards the end, but there's no way of getting around that since it sorta needs to end well. Certainly got the end bit a mile before it happened.

Glad Spielberg and Abrams didn't conform to the stupidness of 3D, certainly a lesser man would've had it in 3D for the crash, yeah that's right I'm talking to you Michael Bay you cunting fuckface.

8/10

Was pretty good. The train crash was incredible viewing. 8/10. Reminded me of an late 80s movie

Super 8 - 8/10

Super 8

I thoroughly enjoyed it, although didn't feel the film was particularly well paced. I thought the young actors in it were all excellent though, and it was well directed. I thought the train crash was visually quite stunning too.

8/10. I wouldn't go as far as my friend saying it was movie of the year, but thought it was better than some of the others on here who've seen it too.

Went and saw Super 8 today, loved it.

The train scene was really good, and the way the wreck was shot it really reminded me of Lost, obviously it's not surprising since JJ Abrams who was one of the main directors on Lost. Not just the obvious connections with the two crashs but a lot of the shots and dialogue was really reminiscent.

I thought the CGI was pretty good on the monster, although the story got a wee bit hokey towards the end, but there's no way of getting around that since it sorta needs to end well. Certainly got the end bit a mile before it happened.

Glad Spielberg and Abrams didn't conform to the stupidness of 3D, certainly a lesser man would've had it in 3D for the crash, yeah that's right I'm talking to you Michael Bay you cunting fuckface.

8/10

SUPER 8

I went to see this in the cinema last night.

I really don't know what to say about it. It is typical JJ. Abrahms who is Director (one of the creators of TV series LOST) as in there was a lot of suspense and a bit of guess work, and a few references to LOST trough the film (very last scene , you can see a shop called James Locke who was one of the main characters in LOST). It was also very typical Speilberg who is a producer, with basically a group of young kids, fighting through adversity, with a hidden message of tolerance and understanding.

However, I think it lost it's way a bit as I still have no idea why it was called Super 8, and some of the concepts just didn't really make too much sense. But overall, it was an OK watch. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but I wouldn't discourage someone against going.

6/10

what the f**k?

I saw this the day it came out and I'm still raging at how bad it was. fuckin gantin.

Super 8

First time i had been to the cinema in a long time and i hadnt really missed it. I diod get in for a student and stole a voucher as the guy got my drink so got discount with that too. Still cost £6 mind. I use to love the cinema in my younger days.

A poorly written film with very little excitement or suspense imo. A few cheap frights with things jumping out but really the storyline had far too many holes for my liking and there existed more 'coincidents' then i care to remember. In the end it became a simple monstor/alien film which i hoped it wouldnt be. How long was the train by the way?? It went on for ages. I enjoyed that in the destruction the only things unharmed was the kids, their video camera, their car and the guy the that drove head first into a steaming train. Aye ok.

If any of the above is a spoiler i will edit it but its just to alert people not to go and see another bog standard film of that genre. Its just tiresome.

2/10 - Only because ex Cowdenbeath player Gary Fusco was in the same showing.

Next time i go to the cinema will be to see the Inbetweeners but it will be during the day on a Tuesday when kids are at school, couldnt be arsed with wee neds 'thtz well lik uz'.

Watched this last night and felt very much the same. Got bored of it pretty quickly and - like someone else said earlier - I still don't know why it is called "Super 8". Wasn't the movie I expected it to be. 4/10.

Can only echo what was said by Cowden and the other chap. I thought super 8 was pretty shite, the train bit was just self indulgent and the whole film was just a massive disappointment. 2/10

Super 8. All I will say is I didnt enjoy it at all, couldn't work out what it wanted to be and quite frankly there seemed a lot of holes in it.

3/10

This is more like it It was fuckin pish

Super 8 1/10 pish

Watched this last night and felt very much the same. Got bored of it pretty quickly and - like someone else said earlier - I still don't know why it is called "Super 8". Wasn't the movie I expected it to be. 4/10.

I just saw this in Busta's multi quote.

Super 8 was the type of film they used to make their movie. The regular version is just called an 8mm, but this one is "super" because each frame is slightly bigger than the 8mm so you get more in each frame, basically.

Going back to Super 8 again,

the Train was absolutely massive and went on for about five minutes. If the cargo was so special and dangerous then why were there absolutely no soldiers on the train? At least it seemed that way as there were no bodies, blood, bits of people etc. The guy that survived hitting it head on in the wee truck was too much for me, totally ridiculous.

Why would the Alien thing leave the kids alone at the end too? Yeah fair enough he told the Alien that they wanted him to go etc but he had been abused for years apparently and was away to eat the blonde lassie before he caught them. Assuming he was still hungry and about to f**k off from the planet, why not eat the wee kid first?

They'd probably need to have loads of space between the wee cube things and the monster so that it couldn't control them and escape.

Yeah it was a bit unrealistic with the doctor surviving.

Probably to do with the touch thing, when the alien touches someone it starts a connection, telepathically. Maybe the monster saw the wee boy's pain and related and then decided to f**k off.

Just some thoughts

The wee kids were amazing though. Its pretty difficult to act as an actor. You're basically pretending to be an amateur(while on film) and then you break that when the filming stops in the movie. But then you need to act normal when the films off. Quality.

Watchmen (2009)

Having never read the graphic novel beforehand and not knowing much about the movie I wasn't sure what I would make of this. It turns out that it was pretty good!

7/10

Started watching it last night , only got half way through and switched it off. Really disjointed and hard to follow , poor effort of a film.

See, I get that they had the connection but why would he bother listening to a wee kid when people have been hurting him the whole time he has been there? I see what you are getting at with the cubes but surely they would have been some soldiers on board, just seems really silly having the whole Air Force following the thing but nobody actually on board.

I also thought that for some reason (at the start) the anger towards the girls Dad was because he was having an affair with the dead Mum (when she was alive). I kept thinking that would come up at some point but it just turned out he, erm, swapped a shift.

I agree with that, the kids were very good actors throughout. Solid performances and promising for the future. I think they were missing the token black friend though. They had a chubby guy, a tall guy, a short whacky one, an anonymous one, a sensible one and a girl.

I do agree the train was massive, and the lack of soldiers was stupid.

He swapped the shift, and the boy's mum took that shift and died, so it should've been Alice's dad who took the shift and died. That's why the deputy was pissed at him, but it was really just his anger at her death that he wasn't getting to grips with, your standard reaction to death.

I was thinking the same thing, probably cause it was the 70s and everyone was racist.

Watched a bunch of stuff.

Due Date - 5/10

The Fighter - 8/10

The A Team - 7/10

Source Code - 4/10

You can see why The Fighter was praised for it's good performances because the cast are terrific, and manage to get the whole thing going along rather nicely with what is a largely uninteresting story, to myself at least.

Rest Stop (Video 2006)

Wow, this was just utterly, utterly shite. 50% of the "deaths" were caused by teleport, I mean seriously that's just lazy...

You might think I'd give this 1/10, but it gains a couple of marks for comedy value.

The first for when the cop asks the girl to shoot him in the head, she puts the gun his mouth and fires blowing a section of his skull onto the ground in front of her... he just looks up and says casually as you can get in this situation, "you missed!"

The second for after she escapes the man and gets a lift with a hillbilly religious family in a campervan, she gets kicked out back at the same rest stop (despite going away from it for several minutes), which seems to have been painted making me think... "oh shit, we're in a cycle horror, I fucking hate them"! Except we're not, it's just an illogical plothole... then she hears a girl in the cupboard, she's a naked torture victim of the killer... so the girl goes out to her own car to get a crowbar.

Wait a minute people, she arrived at the rest stop in her boyfriend's car... it was totalled, then she got a lift in some weirdos campervan back to the same place she was before, now she has her own black sports car, which she can open the trunk but doesn't have the sense to drive the f**k away in...

I love plotholes that make you spend more timing wondering what the f**k they were trying to do, than actually watching the shitty film!

3/10

The Usual Suspects

Another film that I can tick off my "Films I Must Watch" list. I was recommended it a couple of years ago, got it round about the same time, and only watched it tonight. I thought it was a fantastic film, and it's certainly one of the best I have seen. The plot is so well constructed, and Kevin Spacey is absolutely tremendous as Kint - he fits the role perfectly. Honourable mention to Gabriel Byrne as Keaton also.

My viewing of it was somewhat ruined by the fact that I knew the twist, but even then the way they pulled it off was excellent IMO.

A solid 10/10.

Nine Dead (2010)

Communication is the key to the survival for nine strangers who have been kidnapped by a masked gunman and told that one of them will die every ten minutes until they discover how they are all connected. Who of the nine lives and who dies?

It was going quite well until the terrible ending!

6/10