What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

How do they feel about you referring to them as "foster son and adopted daughter" to a bunch of random strangers, who if you had said "son and daughter" wouldn't have known any differently?

Why does it matter to you Mr. IMDB?

The Ghost ( 2010 )

Fairly low key affair with Ewan McGregor playing the ghost writer for the memoirs of an ex-Prime Minister played by Pierce Brosnan. It's a pretty well put together little number actually with solid stuff all round. Nothing gets too ridiculous, even if a couple of things are a bit cliche.

The affair between the writer and the PM's wife is completely un-necessary and changes nothing.

It's a very good movie however and worth the watch.

8/10

Dead Creatures (Video 2001)

This was weird, it wasn't really a zombie film but there was zombie elements in it. A sort of low budget 28 Days Later, except set in Hounslow, crossed with Trainspotting. Apparently it was a sequel, but there was nothing in the film that would make you think that...

Not really sure what else you could say about it. The acting wasn't great, but it had a sort of typical British grittyness to it. Not bad, not great, but did what it set out to do.

5/10

The Tourist ( 2010 )

I've seen this film getting quite a slating. To be honest, it's not that bad. I mean, it isn't an Academy Award winner or anything, but I can think of worse things to do with my time. Johnny Depp adds a wee bit of comic relief whenever he's on screen as the tourist caught up in the middle of something that has nothing to do with him. When the movie is uber-serious, it lacks excitement. So yeah, thumbs planted firmly in the middle for this one.

5/10

Yip, could be made redundant by October once we are fully digital. Good luck getting a call centre to fix the projector when it fucks up though :)

Original print is a mile better than any digital format. Even the best Blu-rays I'd rather see the film on big screen (with the exception of Apocalypse Now, head and shoulders the best BR I've experienced). Hope your services continue to be used.

Bale offers far and away the best portrayal of the Bruce Wayne character there has been IMO.

Bale's the best Batman. Keaton's my favourite Bruce Wayne.

Although putting on 8 stone in muscle in the space of a year after The Machinist is REMARKABLE, I'd say more so than De Niro's legendary physical immersion into roles in his prime.

Scream 4

I enjoyed the first three films from this franchise so I looked forward to seeing the fourth installment. It was pretty good, not quite as good as the original ones but definately enjoyable none the less. If you liked the first three then I'd definately recommend it.

7/10

Machete is the bomb! Jeff Fahey was amazing, as was the Cheech. Aye, De Niro was fantastic. Probably my favourite films from the Grindhouse "franchise" although I've not seen Hobo with a Shotgun.

Machete is indeed amazing, if you enjoyed that I'd definately watch Hobo With A Shotgun, not quite as good as Machete but it's still very good.

Scream 4

I enjoyed the first three films from this franchise so I looked forward to seeing the fourth installment. It was pretty good, not quite as good as the original ones but definately enjoyable none the less. If you liked the first three then I'd definately recommend it.

7/10

Machete is indeed amazing, if you enjoyed that I'd definately watch Hobo With A Shotgun, not quite as good as Machete but it's still very good.

To be fair though, you did think that the mess that was Scream 4 was good... It was an abomination for a final part of a series which started off well (albeit the third one was pretty shit as well!)! :rolleyes:

To be fair though, you did think that the mess that was Scream 4 was good... It was an abomination for a final part of a series which started off well (albeit the third one was pretty shit as well!)! :rolleyes:

Excellent, that's my viewing sorted for tonight. Scream 4. :D

A Prophet (2009)

Having seen a few gritty European crime type flicks like Le Haine and Commorrah, gave this a go.

Film tells the story of this timid Arabic laddy in a French prison that becomes suboardinated to the Corsican mafia who run the joint. Guess it takes the 'rise to power' storyline that many crime films use, but is done in a much more sophisticated and realistic feeling way. If you like the films mentioned above or maybe something like City of God, I can't recommend this enough. Absolutely brilliant film.

9.5/10

Inbetweeners

Pretty good. Wee bit hit and miss at times but still had its moments. Was almost expecting a disapointing Kevin and Perry 2 but was much better than that. Think I might appreciate it more watching it back on DVD. Oh and yes, the cinema was full of eejits

Scream 4

7/10

I'm in complete disagreement. Scream 4 is terrible and Hobo With A Shotgun is simply miles better than Machete which is a bore. Each to to their own though.

Munich - 8 / 10 - Brilliant film - I certainly believe this is up there with Spielbergs bests. One scene in this sums up the story perfectly and it is perfectly executed. Good performances all round and the lovely Ayelet Zurer as the protagonists wife.

Thank You For Smoking

Jason Reitman's first feature film and it's comic gold. Wonderfully cast and intelligently and originally written, it seals my opinion of Reitman as a gift from god to filmmaking.

8/10

Talking to some friends on films we'd like to see remade, one of the better ideas was Reitman remaking Some Like It Hot with George Clooney and Kevin Spacey in the lead roles. If it was done tastefully, originally and in a way that was attempting to go in a different direction to Wilder's original, rather than to make lots of $$$, I'd like to imagine it would challenge the original.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Absolutely loved this. Watched the first two of the original franchise last week and picked up a bunch of wee callbacks to them:

• Franco and Labine were calling Caesar's mother "Bright Eyes", that's what the Apes called Heston in the first film.
  • Franco's dad was called Charlton Rodman. Charlton Heston and Roddy McDowell were in the original films.
  • Draco Malfoy's character was Dodge Landon, those were the surnames of Heston's crew in the first one.
  • Dodge Landon also said one of the apes was called Cornilla, the two who helped Heston were called Cornilius and Zira, combination of the two.
  • There was a news report about a spaceship called Icarus going to Mars, same name as the ship which crashed onto the Planet of the Apes.
  • Dodge Landon also says "its a madhouse, a madhouse" and "take your stinking hands off me you damn, dirty ape"

I loved it though, really good acting from Franco and the motions of Caesar were really good so kudos to Andy Serkis, master of the motion capture suit!

I do agree that there has to be another one.

I'm in complete disagreement. Scream 4 is terrible and Hobo With A Shotgun is simply miles better than Machete which is a bore. Each to to their own though.

Scream 4 is awful, the first film I have been tempted to sleep through/leave the cinema. Predictable, dull, unimaginative and boring.

When the final "twist" is revealed its very hard to actually give a fuck.

===============================

Excellent, that's my viewing sorted for tonight. Scream 4. :D

Ruggy, looking more of a complete cunt than any grown man who gives himself a nickname of his nickname usually does!

===============================

Ruggy, looking more of a complete cunt than any grown man who gives himself a nickname of his nickname usually does!

Saltyton, using italics to portray just how angry he is. :lol:

Saltyton, using italics to portray just how angry he is. :lol:

Boring me now; on ignore you go, Toohill.

Oh, and using italics to repeat the same word within a sentence, in a different context. :rolleyes: