What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

SUPER 8

I went to see this in the cinema last night.

I really don't know what to say about it. It is typical JJ. Abrahms who is Director (one of the creators of TV series LOST) as in there was a lot of suspense and a bit of guess work, and a few references to LOST trough the film (very last scene , you can see a shop called James Locke who was one of the main characters in LOST). It was also very typical Speilberg who is a producer, with basically a group of young kids, fighting through adversity, with a hidden message of tolerance and understanding.

However, I think it lost it's way a bit as I still have no idea why it was called Super 8, and some of the concepts just didn't really make too much sense. But overall, it was an OK watch. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but I wouldn't discourage someone against going.

6/10

Super 8

First time i had been to the cinema in a long time and i hadnt really missed it. I diod get in for a student and stole a voucher as the guy got my drink so got discount with that too. Still cost £6 mind. I use to love the cinema in my younger days.

A poorly written film with very little excitement or suspense imo. A few cheap frights with things jumping out but really the storyline had far too many holes for my liking and there existed more 'coincidents' then i care to remember. In the end it became a simple monstor/alien film which i hoped it wouldnt be. How long was the train by the way?? It went on for ages. I enjoyed that in the destruction the only things unharmed was the kids, their video camera, their car and the guy the that drove head first into a steaming train. Aye ok.

If any of the above is a spoiler i will edit it but its just to alert people not to go and see another bog standard film of that genre. Its just tiresome.

2/10 - Only because ex Cowdenbeath player Gary Fusco was in the same showing.

Next time i go to the cinema will be to see the Inbetweeners but it will be during the day on a Tuesday when kids are at school, couldnt be arsed with wee neds 'thtz well lik uz'.

Super 8

First time i had been to the cinema in a long time and i hadnt really missed it. I diod get in for a student and stole a voucher as the guy got my drink so got discount with that too. Still cost £6 mind. I use to love the cinema in my younger days.

A poorly written film with very little excitement or suspense imo. A few cheap frights with things jumping out but really the storyline had far too many holes for my liking and there existed more 'coincidents' then i care to remember. In the end it became a simple monstor/alien film which i hoped it wouldnt be. How long was the train by the way?? It went on for ages. I enjoyed that in the destruction the only things unharmed was the kids, their video camera, their car and the guy the that drove head first into a steaming train. Aye ok.

If any of the above is a spoiler i will edit it but its just to alert people not to go and see another bog standard film of that genre. Its just tiresome.

2/10 - Only because ex Cowdenbeath player Gary Fusco was in the same showing.

Next time i go to the cinema will be to see the Inbetweeners but it will be during the day on a Tuesday when kids are at school, couldnt be arsed with wee neds 'thtz well lik uz'.

Watched this last night and felt very much the same. Got bored of it pretty quickly and - like someone else said earlier - I still don't know why it is called "Super 8". Wasn't the movie I expected it to be. 4/10.

Watched this last night and felt very much the same. Got bored of it pretty quickly and - like someone else said earlier - I still don't know why it is called "Super 8". Wasn't the movie I expected it to be. 4/10.

The camera the children are using is a Super 8.

EDIT: Thats what I read. I haven't saw the film.

Edited by Luther

The camera the children are using is a Super 8.

EDIT: Thats what I read. I haven't saw the film.

Not exactly, super 8 is a different film reel. Like the old fashion film reels you'd see, but it's not your standard one. Super 8's are made slightly different to allow the actual screensize to be slightly bigger than your standard 8mm.

I was quite looking forward to seeing Super 8 tonight (one person on my facebook who watches pretty much everything that is released said it was his movie of the year) but these reviews have got me thinking that I shouldn't bother.

Anyway, I went to see Arrietty last week. I love the Borrowers and I love Studio Ghibli, so it was quite a good match for me. It was well written, although slighly lost in translation at times, and the animation was immense also.

I'd give it a solid 8/10. Not as good as some of the earlier Studio Ghibli works, but still very good.

You should go see it, you might enjoy it. It wasn't for me but G-John McVeigh is a tit gave it 8/10. That's just one mark less than he gave the cinematic masterpiece that is 2012.

You mean he ONLY gave 2012 9/10!? :o

I ended up going to see two films last night.

First,

Captain America

Pretty standard recent superhero movie really. Nothing particularly special about the story, the character or the acting. The ending is designed to set up sequels as well. Not nearly as bad as The Green Lantern and probably about the same level as Thor (but without Natalie Portman :( )

4/10.... and that's probably being generous

Super 8

I thoroughly enjoyed it, although didn't feel the film was particularly well paced. I thought the young actors in it were all excellent though, and it was well directed. I thought the train crash was visually quite stunning too.

8/10. I wouldn't go as far as my friend saying it was movie of the year, but thought it was better than some of the others on here who've seen it too.

I ended up going to see two films last night.

First,

Captain America

Pretty standard recent superhero movie really. Nothing particularly special about the story, the character or the acting. The ending is designed to set up sequels as well. Not nearly as bad as The Green Lantern and probably about the same level as Thor (but without Natalie Portman :( )

4/10.... and that's probably being generous

Did you completely miss Tommy Lee Jones? He was amazing in every scene!

Did you completely miss Tommy Lee Jones? He was amazing in every scene!

Tommy Lee Jones plays cynic turned supporter of Captain America. There's a character like his in every super hero movie going just about. He played it well enough, but it wasn't exactly groundbreaking.

Captain America

7/10

For a necessary movie to get the Cap into The Avengers next year, I really enjoyed it. TLJ pretty much stole every scene he was in. It should be interesting to have Rogers straight laced kid from the 40's thrown into the modern day and meeting Tony Stark et al.

Roll on next summer

DUPLICITY - Julia Roberts and Clive Owen.... Who are ironically enough my favourite actress n actor.

Film was good, not amazing tho, trailers on an old dvd made it look excellent so went and bought it.

7/10

TAKERs - Idris Elba/PaulWalker/Chris Brown/T.I

Again decent enough...Cheap Oceans Movie. Prob would watch it again.

6/10

Role Models

Didnt enjoy this at all. Can't really remember a specific part that I found even remotely funny if I'm honest. The token wee obnoxious black kid did nothing but annoy me. I usually like Paul Rudd as well but not here.

2/10

Million Pound Note

All an all a pretty poor 'old' film but it was ok. Not a Gregory Peck fan but something compelled me to watch it to the end.

4/10