What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Prometheus

Remarkably underwhelming and in many ways bland. Even allowing for the fact it's a sci-fi film, there's too much nonsense in this. I won't bother being specific about the problems as some of them amount to biggish spoilers but I felt it was a waste of 2 hours and surely the end of any Alien related films (until the first one is inevitably rebooted).

2.5/10

As a nonsense Scifi it was all right, as a horror it was fucking shite. Seemed utterly pointless, and although you didn't actually say it I think the end could mean that a reboot isn't far away.

Hopefully Scott has it taken away from him though.

I'll go 7/10 as I've decided to rate it as a scifi, and forget about the crap attempts at making it scary. I deliberately saw it in 2D as I hate 3D films, they are so pointless!

i watched tree of life on sky movies last night.

can't rate, couldn't for the life of me say what it was about but it looked absolutely incredible.

I gave it 10/10 for that exact reason: had no idea what the film is really about but it's absolutely unique, literally uncomparable to anything else, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. I saw it twice on big screen and I'm so glad, because that's the definitive way to watch this film. One of my mates' 40" Blu-ray is a close second though.

Ratatouille

A culinary genius rat befriends a useless loafer in romantic Paris and together against all odds they run the greatest restaurant in the city. How could that possibly be a good film?

Oh yeah, Pixar made it.

This production company gets everything spot on every single time. In particular, I've just realised that in almost every Pixar film there's a genius piece of voice casting. In this instance it's Peter O'Toole. The film's pure gold, and it gets better with every watch. A lovely watch, and does exactly what it's set out to do, but it is a bit lovey-dovey and, although not completely, quite obvious and predictable.

9/10

Trust- 8/10

About a 14 year old who meets someone online, then meets him and discovers that he's actually 35. He rapes her but she's still convinced that he actually loves and cares for her.

Was sitting absolutely disgusted at some parts but completely gripped by it at the same time.

Trust- 8/10

About a 14 year old who meets someone online, then meets him and discovers that he's actually 35. He rapes her but she's still convinced that he actually loves and cares for her.

Was sitting absolutely disgusted at some parts but completely gripped by it at the same time.

hopefully you werent gripping anything during it :D

about to watch sherlock holmes 2, really enjoyed the first one so hopefully this goes along the same paths

Ghost Rider -Spirit of Vengence (2011) 6/10

Good effects but thats about it as Nick Cage goes East.

Don't know if it was meant to show that the film is in Eastern Europe and they are all backward etc, but the car radio is turned on at one point and its Kajagoogoo 'Too shy' that comes on. Stuck in the 80's , man.

sherlock holmes: a game of shadows

very enjoyable film, RDJ and Law connect really well on screen, plot was pretty strong and not too confusing, and the special effects and settings are simply brilliant, really really good how they dress the film up to look 19th century

It didnt have the same WOW effect as the first one though, simply because i didnt expect the first one to be as good as it was, this one sticks to what the first one did best, fight scenes, the way Holmes figures parts out and how everything comes together for him etc

overall though 9/10 from me, definitely worth watching

Anyone seen The Raid?? If so what's it like?

I thought it was excellent. Probably my favourite new release of the year so far.

Saw Moonrise Kingdom last night, which I found to be really good fun. A few big names in this with Bruce Willis and Ed Norton among others, and I'm always going to be cheering on the nerdy outcast. Lots of silly moments and well put together, I thought. 8/10.

Edited by morrison

American Pie: The Reunion. - 8/10.

I expected it to be quite good and I wasn't disappointed. It was regularly funny throughout instead of just a few laugh out moments here and there.

Safe House

Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington.

Cat and mouse chase/action film.

Good fun but not much plot or character development.

7/10

Moneyball

Very, very good. Supposed to be about the whole sabernomic approach to baseball but actually turns into a character story of Billy Beane.

Brad Pitt was excellent.

8/10

Edited by JamboMikey

Watched a couple of French films recently that are quite good...

• Tell No-one: A guy's wife is brutally murdered 8 years earlier, but all of a sudden she starts sending him emails and appearing in live web-cams. What's going on? Obviously telling you would spoil the film... it's all a bit far-fetched - similar to The Game - but it's an enjoyable flick nonetheless. 7.5 out of 10.
  • Hidden: Someone starts sending surveillance tapes to an ordinary French family. Understandably, the fact that someone is recording their daily movement freaks them out so the Dad tries to find out who is doing it. Defo not a Hollywood-type thriller. The ending might disappoint some as it doesn't conform to the traditional "Person X did Deed Y to achieve Goal Z" - but the question marks it leaves add to the enjoyment. 9 out of 10.

Also went to see The Dictator... not half-as-funny as watching the reactions of "real" people in Borat / Bruno. 5 out of 10.

Ghost Rider - Spirit of vengance

I enjoyed the first film and thought that there was plenty of scope for a sequel that would improve on the original but unfortunately this is not it.

Watchable and fun in parts however slow and dull in others.

5/10..

Edited by Ayrforce1

Moulin Rouge ! - 9/10. Not usually my cup of tea, but it was strongly recommended to me. Fantastic story line! Ewan MacGregor is brilliant in this. It started off really cheesy. This stopped it from being a 10. However, it's really a fantastic film. Worth a watch.

Devil's Playground (2010)

British horror starring Danny Dyer and that guy from EastEnders that's in loads of films these days (Craig Fairbrass).

Imagine 28 Days Later... crossed with Resident Evil, but not as good as either.

4/10

Just watched The Tree of Life. It's....... it's beautiful. I have honestly never seen a film like it, I can't describe what I've just seen. Not everyone will enjoy the film but I'm giving it 10/10. Beautiful, mesmerising and pretty much unexplainable.

I'm going to watch The Secret In Their Eyes again tonight. An Argentinian film about a retired federal agent who looks into a case from his past. I would say 8.5/10 but I might change that opinion tonight after watching it again.