What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Rust and Bone. 9/10. Excellent film. Plus Coulitard makes me jizz.

The Angels Share. 7/10. Enjoyable enough folly with likeable characters. Cheesy ending but Loach now seems fond of feel good endings in his later years so was expected.

Grown ups 2

Typical Sandler film. The cast is the same as every other sandler film with a few exceptions, they always manage to find different characters for them all. Still can't believe Steve Buscemi does these films. Salma Hayek :wub: Is friggin gorgeous in it and spilling out at any opportunity :thumsup2 . Think Chris Rock is under used though.

Got to say i loved it. Was in tears of laughter, as was my girlfriend.

Its very crude slapstick comedy for the most part so if you don't like that you won't like this.

Its the kind of film you can watch once a year. Any more and it'll be boring.

Favourite moment: Dive bombing into the lake from the cliff. David Spade and Kevin James in particular.

7/10

The Place Beyond the Pines - 8/10

Brilliant film. The cast is brilliant, the story is interesting and the director tells it really well, but really impressed with Eva Mendes who is outstanding.

It's strange to think Bradley Cooper became world famous for being in The Hangover, but is actually a top actor and puts in another brilliant performance in another difficult role after Silver Linings.

Watched a couple of movies yesterday.

St. George's Day ( 2012 ) - 7/10

Star Trek Into Darkness ( 2013 ) - 8/10

Really enjoyed the latter. Recently got voted the worst of the Star Trek movies from Star Trek fans, which I took as a glowing recommendation and decided to go for it. Brilliantly cast, looks fantastic and a big fan of what is a fairly simple plot.

Which Star Trek fans though? I certainly wasn't one of them. Any true fan will tell you that the worst is still Star Trek 5 - the whole God storyline being one of the most idiotic storylines ever. Khan (the original) still the best along with Undiscovered Country. I think the Next Gen films were pretty meh apart from First Contact.

I think the whole reboot alternate timeline has given the franchise a new lease of life.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Mortal Instruments: City of Bones - 5/10. Not really my genre but wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Took a massive lull in the middle of film but started and finished decent enough

Kick Ass 2 - 7/10. Pretty decent and exactly what I wanted and expected from a Kick Ass film. Definitely up there with the best I have seen at cinema this year

Which Star Trek fans though? I certainly wasn't one of them.

While I'm sure you think you speak for Star Trek fans everywhere, this was done at a fairly well attended Star Trek convention. They were asked what the top Star Trek movies were, and Into Darkness wound up bottom of the heap.

Cumberbatch was sensational.

The Room ( 2003 )

Erm... I dunno. Sometimes movies just have to be seen to be believed. This is one of them times. This was wonderful. It's shit. Make no mistake. Utter shit. But it's sheer level of shitness carries it to a new level of brilliant. The acting... MY GOD!!! The dialogue!!! Oh well, chocolate, aye? Anyroads, f**k this. Near top rating for this bad boy.

8/10

Just copy from my other post.

American Psycho

9/10

I know the storyline falls apart and changes from the book from time to time but I just cannot fault this movie at all. More of a cult classic than a classic but I found it hilarious and compelling to watch. The music references crack me up.

Ed Gein (2000)

5/10

Okay, it's very low budget for a man whos life story was the main idea behind many movie blockbusters but it still wasn't gruesome enough. There should have been a lot of disturbing scenes in a movie about Ed Gein rather than what was on show here. Gave a decent enough backstory but never quite reached the heights it should have. It's reported Psycho and Silence of the Lambs were influences by Gein's actions, so pretty disappointed that this adaption actually based on him was so weak.

Bundy (2002)

4/10

Unlike Gein, they tried to make this more a horror movie than an actual portrayal of Bundy and it failed miserably.
Too much comedy in this film to be even remotely accurate although there is plenty of scenes showing how much of a psychopath he was. There was no psychological reasoning in the movie to determine why Bundy done what he done, nothing about his illegitimate birth, being bullied, his nurturing and isolation and walking streets looking for women changing at their windows. Nothing about the disturbed boy who became a serial killer.

Henry (1986)

9/10

Based on Henry Lee Lucas, a great movie and pretty accurate for most parts.
It kinda makes you wonder if he's bragging/bluffing for a lot of it and whether he's killed as many as he claims which caused a media circus in the 80s. Includes a few disturbing scenes.

Summer of Sam

3/10

Based on the notorious Son of Sam and the area he went through his killing spree. I kind of expected this to be a crime-solving adaption of Son of Sam going by reports but it was more about the fear of the people in the area and he went about killing people - no psychological edge to it at all. This could have been decent with the storyline with some psychology but the acting was awful to the point it felt like a spoof.

Dahmer (2002)

7/10

Psychological study of Dahmer and trying to come to terms with being gay. Constantly isolating himself with alcohol, the main lead in this movie does an excellent job. Only 3 kill scenes from memory I think, as it has more focus on the need for an emotional connection which eventually drives him to killing.

The Place Beyond the Pines

It was decent enough but not as good as I had been led to believe , Bradley Cooper is very good and shows what he is capable of in a serious role, The whole film was a little slow for me personally and seemed to drag a little. 5/10

While I'm sure you think you speak for Star Trek fans everywhere, this was done at a fairly well attended Star Trek convention. They were asked what the top Star Trek movies were, and Into Darkness wound up bottom of the heap.

Cumberbatch was sensational.

A poll of those attending a US convention is hardly scientific though. About as representative as a poll on Dundee Mad.

:ph34r:

As you say Cumberbatch was just superb.

Just copy from my other post.

American Psycho

9/10

I know the storyline falls apart and changes from the book from time to time but I just cannot fault this movie at all. More of a cult classic than a classic but I found it hilarious and compelling to watch. The music references crack me up.

Ed Gein (2000)

5/10

Okay, it's very low budget for a man whos life story was the main idea behind many movie blockbusters but it still wasn't gruesome enough. There should have been a lot of disturbing scenes in a movie about Ed Gein rather than what was on show here. Gave a decent enough backstory but never quite reached the heights it should have. It's reported Psycho and Silence of the Lambs were influences by Gein's actions, so pretty disappointed that this adaption actually based on him was so weak.

Bundy (2002)

4/10

Unlike Gein, they tried to make this more a horror movie than an actual portrayal of Bundy and it failed miserably.

Too much comedy in this film to be even remotely accurate although there is plenty of scenes showing how much of a psychopath he was. There was no psychological reasoning in the movie to determine why Bundy done what he done, nothing about his illegitimate birth, being bullied, his nurturing and isolation and walking streets looking for women changing at their windows. Nothing about the disturbed boy who became a serial killer.

Henry (1986)

9/10

Based on Henry Lee Lucas, a great movie and pretty accurate for most parts.

It kinda makes you wonder if he's bragging/bluffing for a lot of it and whether he's killed as many as he claims which caused a media circus in the 80s. Includes a few disturbing scenes.

Summer of Sam

3/10

Based on the notorious Son of Sam and the area he went through his killing spree. I kind of expected this to be a crime-solving adaption of Son of Sam going by reports but it was more about the fear of the people in the area and he went about killing people - no psychological edge to it at all. This could have been decent with the storyline with some psychology but the acting was awful to the point it felt like a spoof.

Dahmer (2002)

7/10

Psychological study of Dahmer and trying to come to terms with being gay. Constantly isolating himself with alcohol, the main lead in this movie does an excellent job. Only 3 kill scenes from memory I think, as it has more focus on the need for an emotional connection which eventually drives him to killing.

Got something of a serial killer feel about it that list.

:ph34r: