What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Trying to decide if its worth a tenner to go and watch Jennifer Aniston cavort in her underwear.

My balls nearly explode everytime I see that publicity shot for The Millers. JA all taut and sweaty. Tight panties showing off the bulge of her clam.

Edited by Christophe

Also watched Prince Avalanche, Explosions in the Sky OST, Paul Rudd and a guy who looks like Jack Black. I really liked it, just a 2-piece thing, they have to paint road markings in the middle of nowhere, I like those sort of films, Paul Rudd was not like he is normally.

8/10

Funny People.

I like Judd Apatow's films but this was absolutely shite. I hate Adam Sandler which doesn't help but it was just so so so bad. Seth Rogan was the only redeeming feature, with cameos from Eminem and RZA but Jesus Christ is was excruciatingly unfunny.

0.2/10.

The Room ( 2003 )

Erm... I dunno. Sometimes movies just have to be seen to be believed. This is one of them times. This was wonderful. It's shit. Make no mistake. Utter shit. But it's sheer level of shitness carries it to a new level of brilliant. The acting... MY GOD!!! The dialogue!!! Oh well, chocolate, aye? Anyroads, f**k this. Near top rating for this bad boy.

8/10

Who doesn't give The Room either 1 or 10 out of 10?

2 or 9, I could accept.

But 8? what.png

Funny People.

I like Judd Apatow's films but this was absolutely shite. I hate Adam Sandler which doesn't help but it was just so so so bad. Seth Rogan was the only redeeming feature, with cameos from Eminem and RZA but Jesus Christ is was excruciatingly unfunny.

0.2/10.

God, that film is woeful! 0.2/10 eh... that's....quite specific.

Show me your working, you only get one mark for the answer.

Trying to decide if its worth a tenner to go and watch Jennifer Aniston cavort in her underwear.

My balls nearly explode everytime I see that publicity shot for The Millers. JA all taut and sweaty. Tight panties showing off the bulge of her clam.

Wasn't going to bother seeing this but your description of JA's clam has swayed me.

Uncle Bonmee who can recall his past lives - 4/10

Hugely disappointed with this. Winner of the Palme D'or a few years ago. Mystical Thai films about spirituality, the meaning of life etc. Distinctive look I suppose but it really didn't amount to a great deal. Very much style over substance for me. Could be one of those where reading about Thai military history beforehand gives you a different perspective on key scenes in it but it needed to do more anyway.

Elysium

Very enjoyable, if not quite up to District 9 standards. Sharlto Copely is by far the best thing about this in a really nasty role. Like D9, the special effects are absolutely stunning without being flashy and in your face. The robot policeman, for example are so realistic that you never once think to yourself that you're watching an effect. Its properly violent and gory in places as well, which is refreshing for a "big" studio release.

Matt Damon is really good too, but Jodie Fosters' accent is truly hideous, and it appears that they've re-dubbed it (very badly) over the top of her original voice work for some bizarre reason.

8/10

Edited by KnightswoodBear

God, that film is woeful! 0.2/10 eh... that's....quite specific.

Show me your working, you only get one mark for the answer.

The cameos from characters from so many other films/TV shows.

"Oh look, there's Osama Bin Laden from Iraq. And hey, there's the Raymond, from Everyone Loves Raymond!"

I thought the marvellous sight of Leslie Mann's tremendous bosums were worth at least a 3 out of 10 alone.

I thought Eminem berating Ray Romano was hilarious as well.

As was the trio of Rogen, Hill and Schwartzman (Yo Teach was fucking hilarious).

It's not the funniest Apatow film but it's one of Sandler's best for a fucking age. At least he's not dressing up as his female twin...

The Room ( 2003 )

Erm... I dunno. Sometimes movies just have to be seen to be believed. This is one of them times. This was wonderful. It's shit. Make no mistake. Utter shit. But it's sheer level of shitness carries it to a new level of brilliant. The acting... MY GOD!!! The dialogue!!! Oh well, chocolate, aye? Anyroads, f**k this. Near top rating for this bad boy.

8/10

I agree with all of this until the rating. Anyone the gives this a rating out of 10 that is anything other than 0/10, 10/10 or the two combined is mental.

Best and worst film ever.

I always thought Funny People got a bit of an unfair beating to be honest. I didn't ever think it was meant as an out and out 'comedy' in it's truest sense.

I know the names associated suggest comedy, even slapstick, but I think it's got more layers than it's given credit for.

It's not great, but it's no where near as bad as made out.