Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

52 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Take a second and think...

What if they put the new WH title on Roman?:lol:

That'd be a decent storyline tbf.

Instead of this waffle about needing a champion that's there every week, they could just throw money at Reigns so he doesn't go on holiday for months at a time tbh.

The purpose of giving a guy a reign that long, that dominant, is to make someone at the end of it. They blew their biggest chance of doing that, and are immediatly making the guy that wins this a slightly bigger IC champion. Completely baffling. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wrestling crowds, even WWE crowds are absolutely red-hot again.

The reactions to pretty much everyone on the card just now is really making it a lot more enjoyable lately.

There's a lot of focus just now on LA Knight and rightly so but guys like Gable, Gunther and Jey Uso are getting themselves over in an absolutely massive way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For someone who's main selling point is that he's genuine, that promo felt like the fakest thing ever. He can't do the "I'm home" bit, when he has spent the last decade talking about how much he despised the WWE.

I appreciate that he will be on a very short leash at the moment, but this run will be very dull if he is just cutting the same happy clappy promos that Cody has already been doing for years.

Punk is a massive hypocrite. He's just genuinely an absolute dick of a person. Who knows what he actually stands for now? Will be amusing to see if he/when he blows things this time.

Of course he's also one of the best wrestlers ever and clearly a massive draw, so will do big business for WWE.

Watching bits of Raw last night - The Creed Brothers are mighty impressive but that finisher has to go.

Boy is completely not in control of his landing doing that and he's a massive lad to be landing on top of you without any semblance of control. He looks like he fucked Vinci's shoulder doing it and hopefully it gets amended which is a shame as it does look cracking, like a doomsday device/cannonball hybrid.

I haven't seen the promo, but sounds like it was pretty underwhelming.  Headline on Bleacher Report suggested it was one of Punk's typical amazing promos, but their actual write-up seems to echo what others are saying.  I expect a "short leash" is massively underselling what he's under with WWE, as is their right.  But you have to imagine that if he is being told he can't cut the kind of promos he's known for, then what's the point in bringing him back?  

I expect things'll change once he actually gets into a proper feud.  If it is with Rollins, I expect we'll get to see what he's really made of, but if they think that a weak, hypocritical ra-ra speech is the way to go, then who knows?

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Punk is a massive hypocrite. He's just genuinely an absolute dick of a person. Who knows what he actually stands for now? Will be amusing to see if he/when he blows things this time.

Of course he's also one of the best wrestlers ever and clearly a massive draw, so will do big business for WWE.

I'd be fairly sure he won't blow anything up in WWE.  With AEW he was basically enabled in being the terrible b*****d he ended up being with Khan just being unable - or unwilling - to instill any kind of discipline.  If you're in that environment, where's the incentive to behave?  At WWE, any discontent will likely get quashed way earlier, and I expect they've covered themselves legally with the contract anyway.

You're right about the last bit though.  As long as they don't completely f**k it up, he'll probably end his career in relative comfort with both parties having made a significant amount of money.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Watching bits of Raw last night - The Creed Brothers are mighty impressive but that finisher has to go.

Boy is completely not in control of his landing doing that and he's a massive lad to be landing on top of you without any semblance of control. He looks like he fucked Vinci's shoulder doing it and hopefully it gets amended which is a shame as it does look cracking, like a doomsday device/cannonball hybrid.

That the first time I’ve seen The Creed Brothers and thought they were the stand out thing on the show. That last finisher in particular did look abit dangerous though.  

As for the Punk promo, I thought it was exactly that - a promo. When he returned to AEW it felt more like he was having a conversation with the audience rather than saying something prepared previously. It was definitely more organic. In saying that, given the nature of his and company’s relationship over the last 10 years, there was always going to be a bit of awkwardness to get over at first. Once he gets into a proper feud, I think all that stuff gets forgotten. Ultimately, that’s what we’re all here for. 

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

😂

Would you turn down multiple millions of pounds and simultaneously give the fans what they wanted, in his situation? He slagged the WWE off and vice versa but time goes by and things change. What exactly did he stand for previously that he doesn’t now? He’s a wrestler not some politician for world change.