Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

8 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Auld man Phil does not want to be there :lol: 

8 hours ago, Lukovic said:

He looked completely dead behind the eyes

5 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

For someone who's main selling point is that he's genuine, that promo felt like the fakest thing ever.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Punk is a massive hypocrite.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

I expect we'll get to see what he's really made of, but if they think that a weak, hypocritical ra-ra speech is the way to go, then who knows?

What if it was like that by design? A Punk who is dripping with insincerity and who over the coming weeks, it's clear he resents every single person there and the reasons for being back are to make money and to make folk like Rollins look stupid.

I know that's probably not the case and it was just a last minute thrown together thing. Reports saying that Raw was pretty much written well in advance and Punk being there was sort of bolted onto the end yesterday as it was too late in the day and chaotic to rewrite the entire show and the alternative of having him show up at SS and not be on Raw the night after would have been unfathomable. So even if it's just a few empty words, fire him out there to say anything and work on the plan for him in the coming week seems a lot more realistic.

42 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

What if it was like that by design? A Punk who is dripping with insincerity and who over the coming weeks, it's clear he resents every single person there and the reasons for being back are to make money and to make folk like Rollins look stupid.

I know that's probably not the case and it was just a last minute thrown together thing. Reports saying that Raw was pretty much written well in advance and Punk being there was sort of bolted onto the end yesterday as it was too late in the day and chaotic to rewrite the entire show and the alternative of having him show up at SS and not be on Raw the night after would have been unfathomable. So even if it's just a few empty words, fire him out there to say anything and work on the plan for him in the coming week seems a lot more realistic.

His promo was basically an extended version of what Triple H said in the post SS press conference I thought. So what you’re explaining probably makes sense.

Hardly set the heather on fire but patience is a virtue. 

6 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

His promo was basically an extended version of what Triple H said in the post SS press conference I thought. So what you’re explaining probably makes sense.

Hardly set the heather on fire but patience is a virtue. 

I've no doubt from what I've read that under Vince, Punk coming in would probably have facilitated several rewrites but apparently one of the things keeping talent happy is a presence of stability and lack of chaos which also means that WWE shows make a lot more sense than they used to.

A full rewrite of Raw with under 24 hours until air would have more than likely annoyed talent so it would make sense to just cut 8 mins from elsewhere and add him on at the end. Not much point in jumping in with both feet either to a storyline they have surely not yet committed to or finalised yet.

I’ve seen a few people float that theory, but I think it’s giving them too much credit. 

Whilst Punk’s a face, that’s just what the WWE presentation of him looks like now. Edgy, but not really. Contained. 

Things get a bit more interesting if he turns, but it he’s just cutting promos Cody Rhodes could be hitting out with at the minute, that is not for me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/11/2023 at 13:34, djchapsticks said:

Watching bits of Raw last night - The Creed Brothers are mighty impressive but that finisher has to go.

Boy is completely not in control of his landing doing that and he's a massive lad to be landing on top of you without any semblance of control. He looks like he fucked Vinci's shoulder doing it and hopefully it gets amended which is a shame as it does look cracking, like a doomsday device/cannonball hybrid.

Another Raw another horrible looking Brutusball. This time he lands directly on side of Priest's head. The Creeds, especially Julius are absolutely immense but if there's not a way to perform their finisher that's not a high risk of fucking up another wrestler, they need to stop using it.

Priest looked really unhappy as well at that strong kick out a split second after ref hit 3 - looked to say something like 'are you fucking kidding me' to Julius.

Edited by djchapsticks

The Creeds are in that small group that are tremendously exciting purely because you've no idea if you'll see a perfect feat of athletic strength, or someone getting horribly hurt.  They do really need to tone down some aspects though, it'd be a massive waste of their talent if they start legitimately  - and accidentally, of course - hurting people and getting that reputation.  They could probably do anything as a finisher and make it look devastating, so a good idea to change it before someone gets hurt.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:
  Hide contents

The Rock is back.

Hopefully we aren’t getting Roman-Rock at mania for the title. 

It looks like we are :lol: Poor auld Cody 

I’ve seen a load of folk suggesting Elimination Chamber for it. That’d be insane to me. It’s one of the biggrst matches in the history of the business - they’re not putting it on at that time, on a B show.

7 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

It looks like we are :lol: Poor auld Cody 

1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

I’ve seen a load of folk suggesting Elimination Chamber for it. That’d be insane to me. It’s one of the biggrst matches in the history of the business - they’re not putting it on at that time, on a B show.

Apparently the tourism officials in Australia are wanting him there. 

2 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Apparently the tourism officials in Australia are wanting him there. 

That show starts at 3AM on the West Coast. I canny see that at all.