Monday Night Raw Live

Ludo*1

I think we should ALL pick a start date from the 90s, and watch from there and discuss. So next Monday, watch the first one from 1998 or something.

Anyone else interested? They're easy to find on Google video.

I think that's a fantastic idea tbh. It'd actually keep me interested in wrestling as it's slowly dissipating. I haven't watched a show since before WM and only really read about what's happening on here now and again.

I think we should ALL pick a start date from the 90s, and watch from there and discuss. So next Monday, watch the first one from 1998 or something.

I'm watching Nitro next week instead

If you could stream Raw episodes in order from say 1997 once a week that'd be swell.

If you could stream Raw episodes in order from say 1997 once a week that'd be swell.

I'd love to be able to watch the Raw's and even Smackdown's from say 1995ish all the way up to about 2003/4.

I'd love to be able to watch the Raw's and even Smackdown's from say 1995ish all the way up to about 2003/4.

id pay good money to be able to.

Gonna attempt last nights Raw now, I fucking hate Vickie. She reads everything like its on fucking autocue and has no bloody clue, "This ppv is gonna be extreme, we have...... Triple H vs Brock lesnar, in a ladder match!" Wow Vickie, just wow, thats so amazingly extreme i have no words.

STOP SAYING EXTREME YOU BOOT!

Oh and stop boasting your job title every 5 minutes you ugly bint!

(Seriously cant stand her)

Cena/Ryback last man standing? Wow that is extreme :thumbsdown

Gave up after 40 minutes, mindlessly tedious garbage

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

id pay good money to be able to.

Gonna attempt last nights Raw now, I fucking hate Vickie. She reads everything like its on fucking autocue and has no bloody clue, "This ppv is gonna be extreme, we have...... Triple H vs Brock lesnar, in a ladder match!" Wow Vickie, just wow, thats so amazingly extreme i have no words.

STOP SAYING EXTREME YOU BOOT!

Oh and stop boasting your job title every 5 minutes you ugly bint!

(Seriously cant stand her)

Cena/Ryback last man standing? Wow that is extreme :thumbsdown

Gave up after 40 minutes, mindlessly tedious garbage

What, exactly, do you expect? Chainsaw on a Pole match? No Holds Barred with the loser thrown in to a shark tank? Hand Grenade carrying Lumberjack match?

Last Man Standing, ladder and Cage matches are dangerous as hell, I don't see what your problem is with them being used on this PPV.

What, exactly, do you expect? Chainsaw on a Pole match?

Vinny-Ru.jpg

^^^fucking loves it

I agree with your post though, I'm not a fan of the LMS match because the constant breaks for counts really slow the match down but if done right (AJ/Bubba Ray in TNA a few years back, Del Rio/Big Show are the recent ones I can think of that worked) then it's good and certainly can fit in with the Extreme setting, assuming they get weapons and stuff out.

Cage and Ladder match is obviously Extreme too. Extreme Rules is one of the few PPVs that usually has a good few matches to fit the themed PPV, compare it to the likes of MITB where you only have two and TLC where there's 2/3 (Hell in a Cell only had one this year!) and it's a fairly decent haul. Obviously just now there's just the three but we might get one of Henry/Sheamus or Show/Orton turned into a Falls Count Anywhere or a Street Fight.

What, exactly, do you expect? Chainsaw on a Pole match? No Holds Barred with the loser thrown in to a shark tank? Hand Grenade carrying Lumberjack match?

Last Man Standing, ladder and Cage matches are dangerous as hell, I don't see what your problem is with them being used on this PPV.

Less to do with the matches, more to do with her half arsed delivery of them being "extreme" Guess i still miss the days when extreme ment falling off the titantron :(

<script language='javascript'> </script>

Less to do with the matches, more to do with her half arsed delivery of them being "extreme" Guess i still miss the days when extreme ment falling off the titantron :(

I agree it's not really 'extreme' anymore, we're likely to not even see a bit of blood. Still, Extreme Rules was my favourite event of last year with the gimmicks adding to the quality of the matches so hopefully it can achieve the same this time round.

Last Man Standing matches used to be quite brutal and hopefully we can get some heavy hitting here. Just please, please don't do the 'tying the big guys legs together' thing again.

Other notes from Raw -

Guessing Sheamus vs Mark Henry will be a Strap Match as a result of Henry's attack on Sheamus.

So is it only chair shots to the head you're not allowed to do anymore? Swagger smacked both Del Rio & Ziggler in the head with the ladder, surely that's just as dangerous. The one on Ziggler looked particularly rough although I'm not decided if that's because Ziggler made it look that way or not.

So is it only chair shots to the head you're not allowed to do anymore? Swagger smacked both Del Rio & Ziggler in the head with the ladder, surely that's just as dangerous. The one on Ziggler looked particularly rough although I'm not decided if that's because Ziggler made it look that way or not.

Yeah, does seem a bit strange. Unprotected chair shots to the front and all chair shots to the back of the head would be the only ones that should be removed. I don't see much difference to being hit in the face with a ladder, steel steps or a chair if the hands are up to block it. Mick Foley used to take them by turning his head as he got hit, that also reduces the actual damage it'll do while still making it look good.

My guess would be that it doesn't look too impressive if its a weak as hell chair shot with hands up. Whereas you can really hit them on the back with chairs, it looks and sounds great and is allowed (if the wrestler is going to take it, then fair play to him)