Walking Down The Halbeath Road

14 minutes ago, Gregor147 said:

The Pars will be fine this season and I still expect you to challenge for the top four. Hibs and Ayr aside, everyone else is pretty much of a similar standard and capable of beating each other on their day. We've only played three games so don't see the point in getting carried away or being too pessimistic.

after last seasons I think you have every right to think a good wee run of form and grinding out home results you could be upsetting the bookies top two of Unt and hibs what would be a good season for Raith?  With 13 shots each on saturday there could be a few crackers to come in the fife derby Pars need to beat the teams that realistically will be finishing below them and we will most likely be safe and consolidate our position 

Exactly. Most Rovers fans are good people as well but there are also posters such as yourself who let the team down.

WTF? I was responding to DAFC comment where he said he didn't know a single supporter who thought anything more then mid table was realistic. Just pointing out that they do exist and some of their views are a bit, well, ridiculous.

after last seasons I think you have every right to think a good wee run of form and grinding out home results you could be upsetting the bookies top two of Unt and hibs what would be a good season for Raith?  With 13 shots each on saturday there could be a few crackers to come in the fife derby Pars need to beat the teams that realistically will be finishing below them and we will most likely be safe and consolidate our position 

I'd say top 6 would be my expectation, and probably 5th or 6th. My aspiration would be another play off place, although with its crap format, it's only good for extra prize money.

Aiming for the play offs isn't unrealistic, it's a target rather than an expectation. I'm probably one of the more optimistic fans and I think we'll finish between 4th And 6th with very little between the 3 teams in those positions. Would be disappointed below that, ecstatic above it.

Farid El Alagui on trial according to various transfer pages and BBC Sport. Surely he'll get a run out with the under 20's against St.Johnsone tonight?

Would imagine so. He's been getting bounce games for ICT so he's surely fit enough to get a few bounce games for us.

U20S V ST JOHNSTONE

Tuesday, 23rd Aug 2016

SPFL Development League: Tuesday 23rd August 2016, 6.00pm kick off at McDiarmid Park

McDIARMID_PARK_120808A_440_6053.jpg

Follow match updates on Twitter @officialdafc

Match report will be updated during the match

ST JOHNSTONE: 
SUBS NOT USED: 

DUNFERMLINE: Cammy Gill, Reece Duncan, Stuart Morrison, Callum Fordyce, Conner Duthie: Johnny Galloway, Michael Paton, Scott Lochhead, Trialist, David Hopkirk, Paul McMullan
SUBS NOT USED: 

REFEREE: Chris McNab
WEATHER: 
ATTENDANCE 

Farid looks like he's lost a few pounds. He looked a bit broader in his Falkirk days. Looks weird without the bald napper but if he can bag the goals then I'll be happy [emoji1173]