Walking Down The Halbeath Road

58 minutes ago, smpar said:

Not long after we signed Higgy, a few Thistle fans said his best position was sitting just in front of the midfield and in behind the striker(s). A possible front line could be

Smith
Higgy
Cardle - Wedderburn - Shiels - Paton

Higgy is very good at no10 role but he is frustratingly inconsistent.

If Higgy was in the mood for us he was MOTM but that happens about 10 times a season.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

It was so patently nonsense that he was on trial with us, yet the .net cretins were falling over themselves to believe it.

Why would Morton let a guy who they consider to be one of their best and most influential players, a guy who was playing in their friendly games in his usual position, go on trial to a direct rival in the same league? Why would they actually be paying the wages of one of their best players in order for him to go on a trial with a direct rival? Why would the player himself agree to it?

Even if somehow it was true, there would be no way we could afford the transfer fee anyway.

But of course it wasn't true. Only a staggeringly stupid person would have believed it.

Not defending .nut BUT............

Someone who looked very like him was either pictured or spotted in pre-season training with us. Someone posted this on .net & a few people replied, most of them saying it wasn't him or it was rubbish. I'd heard nothing about it since until you posted it here........

You seem extremely upset about the matter. I suggest a lie down.

Just now, da_no_1 said:

Not defending .nut BUT............

Someone who looked very like him was either pictured or spotted in pre-season training with us. Someone posted this on .net & a few people replied, most of them saying it wasn't him or it was rubbish. I'd heard nothing about it since until you posted it here........

You seem extremely upset about the matter. I suggest a lie down.

A cretinous response with literally zero evidence. A typical trope trotted out by a tit.

Any original thoughts on the matter or do you just plan on plagiarising other people's patter?

A cretinous response with literally zero evidence. A typical trope trotted out by a tit.
Any original thoughts on the matter or do you just plan on plagiarising other people's patter?

That's pretty much all he does. Wait until a heated argument and join the side with the majority view and stand back and throw stones with zero actual contribution. I have never seen a thread started by him just attack after attack on here and on dot net. A classic forum bully boy.

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

Ten MOTM awards a season is a pretty damn good return tbh. 

I remember Jackie Macnamara moaning that he had about 54 giant Mizuno kit bags cluttering his parents' house (for that was the man of the match award when he was a young starlet for us).

Who's the old boy who won the raffle thing, can he play up front? I'm worried the Shankland roulette is spinning back this way. We need a panic signing, someone foreign, exotic sounding and above all, a total donkey.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Who's the old boy who won the raffle thing, can he play up front? I'm worried the Shankland roulette is spinning back this way. We need a panic signing, someone foreign, exotic sounding and above all, a total donkey.

Want Felitciano Zschusschen?

I'll give him a free lift as a sweetener.

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I liked the lad on trial last summer. His YouTube showreel was him blazing shots wildly off target in a variety of rough looking public parks in Eastern Europe. 

Absolutely zero thoughts on this. It was blatantly obvious there was no truth in it. What does annoy me is the idea that .net is awash with c***s spouting wanky pish when in truth all forums have more than their fair share.

That's pretty much all he does. Wait until a heated argument and join the side with the majority view and stand back and throw stones with zero actual contribution. I have never seen a thread started by him just attack after attack on here and on dot net. A classic forum bully boy.

Who asked you, you absolute drivelling mess of a human being.

12 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Absolutely zero thoughts on this. It was blatantly obvious there was no truth in it. What does annoy me is the idea that .net is awash with c***s spouting wanky pish when in truth all forums have more than their fair share.

Of course they do, this one included, but like all one club forums .net has more than it's fair share. Fans of all clubs talk about their own version of .net in similar terms.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Of course they do, this one included, but like all one club forums .net has more than it's fair share. Fans of all clubs talk about their own version of .net in similar terms.

So we're kinda agreed then. Hurrah.

Edited by da_no_1

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Who asks you when you go steaming into threads all the time? Double standards?

Can you explain what "steaming into threads" means?

And the relevance of how many threads you start, compared to those that you contribute to, in the overall context of your merits as an internet football forum member.

You. Absolute. Fucking. Drivelling. Mess.