Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Of course he is a roaster, but he isn't the type that would upset guys already there; he's just a daft-arse and has a carry-on. He probably just needs to be kept under control a bit. Maybe Yogi thinks he can do that and get the best out of him? Anyway, he has scored a shittonne of goals in this league his whole career, so if we have guys like Lawless and Dom supplying the ammo, you'd like to hope he can score plenty for us. Of course, this is if there is any legs at all to these rumours. 

No idea why people think Cummings would disruptive in the dressing room. He seems like an idiot, yes. But he’s the kind of lively, energetic guy that is great for team spirit/morale. We need someone with his charisma to lift spirits - it also helps he’s a cracking striker at this level.

I’d be delighted if we pulled that off, but also very surprised.

We'll probably not even sign a centre mid. That's how our season is going.

Couple of strikers as back up to McCann, Lawless and maybe a right back.

Yeah, I’m not convinced by Yogi so far. If we don’t sign a decent centre mid early in the window, I’ll be very concerned. Yogi himself has said we don’t have midfielders capable of playing in a 2, as if this would be a priority. If he can’t/doesn’t address that, he isn’t doing his job well.

The squad is awful. We need leadership on the park, we need to upgrade several areas of the team. Goalkeeper, left back, centre back, central midfield, attacking midfielders need upgraded. It’s likely that we need to offload a striker and possibly other players to help fund those moves/balance the squad though. I know that won’t make everyone happy, but it needs to be done.

Our squad is so unbalanced and none of the players work together at all, there’s no identity and no tactic that would work for everyone we have. That needs sorted. We need to become a team, rather than being a bunch of individuals incapable of playing together. For that reason, I’ll be disappointed if players don’t leave - we have some that don’t fit in here, but are definitely decent enough players for this level.

Mason and Hardie are both in only their mid 40's,  worth a phone call?
#justsaying

Gary Mason would probably still be one of the best players in this league - and one of the fittest too. He would breeze through the game.

Both players mentioned above highlight just how poor our team is now. Honestly don’t think there’s a single thing that Dorrans, Allan, Todd, Pybus or Cole are better at than either of them were. Pybus has the work rate of Mason, with absolutely no footballing ability or understanding of the game to go with it. Allan can pass a ball 5 yards sideways or backwards, but doesn’t seem keen to try anything that will help the team. Todd just isn’t very good. Dorrans is alright, but hasn’t got the legs anymore, he also doesn’t seem willing to take risks with his passes. Cole has done nothing, other than missing an open goal to win the game on the opening day. Honestly don’t think we’d miss any of these midfielders if they left.

Edited to add: where is Iain Wilson? Best midfielder we have, but has completely disappeared. Genuinely keep forgetting he exists. Youssef Rossi was available to play more often than this guy.

6 hours ago, CallumPar said:

No idea why people think Cummings would disruptive in the dressing room. He seems like an idiot, yes. But he’s the kind of lively, energetic guy that is great for team spirit/morale. We need someone with his charisma to lift spirits - it also helps he’s a cracking striker at this level.

I’d be delighted if we pulled that off, but also very surprised.

About to get relegated and delighted at the thought of Jason Cummings.

Christ alive.

It got to the stage where I don't even get any encouragement from new signings as we turn them into shit when they walk through the front doors of East End anyway.

We also have this idea that we must produce young players and keep filling our team full of Rhys Breen's, Josh Edwards, Paul Allan's and Matty Todd's who are nowhere near good enough, but as long as they are under 23 will keep kidding ourselves on that we will sell them on for big bucks. I would love Pars to produce great young players, but they have to have a baseline of natural ability to work with.

We are crap at attracting genuine young talent to the club. Hopefully this will change in time when the academy is up and running but we need to go with experience for now and introducing 1 or 2 young players here and there. Not half a first team of low quality young players.

29 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

So disillusioned with the club - couldn’t even be arsed letting 500 season ticket holders in then will start at the bollocks about requiring the renewals next year within the next 6 month.

That's unfair I think. It wasn’t that they couldn't be arsed, it was that they would lose money doing so. By the sounds of things, they're already well on course to a loss (McArthur mentioned season ticket sales were down on their target, although quite what he was expecting when he appointed the worst manager in our history is still unknown), so adding to that isn't the smart play.

Had a dream we signed a plethora of random players from differing clubs, and announced each with a Simpsons meme. One of the signings included a swap deal for Lewis McCann for some random boy from Hillfield Swifts.

That's unfair I think. It wasn’t that they couldn't be arsed, it was that they would lose money doing so. By the sounds of things, they're already well on course to a loss (McArthur mentioned season ticket sales were down on their target, although quite what he was expecting when he appointed the worst manager in our history is still unknown), so adding to that isn't the smart play.

They’re only ‘losing money’ because they don’t care enough to acknowledge that 2500ish people have already bought tickets. If they looked at what season ticket holders have paid per game and looked at what those 500 tickets cost per game, then I doubt they would be losing money. It really is a case of they can’t be bothered. We’ve paid full price for attending games, not streaming them.

Obviously a ballot wouldn’t guarantee access for me, but it’s a slap in the face that they aren’t interested and don’t care about season ticket holders because we’ve already paid our money. The club don’t treat fans well at all anymore.

I can’t be arsed reading the statement again, but didn’t they say they’d have to pay all the usual match day fees like policing and catering etc, whereas if it’s just a closed doors game there are no overheads, therefore no net loss on match day costs. If you can’t already tell from my wording, I’m not business-minded in the slightest, but it seemed to make sense to me when I read the statement.

It is shite, though, that we have 500 people (or less, after you account for press and media etc) missing out on a game for which they have already paid their fee.

As much as I don’t completely agree with Callum’s post above (that’s almost a first btw), he’s spot on that the club don’t really give a f**k about the fans anymore. It was nice feeling like a community club again for a couple of years post admin, but it feels like we’re just customers again.

29 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

They’re only ‘losing money’ because they don’t care enough to acknowledge that 2500ish people have already bought tickets. If they looked at what season ticket holders have paid per game and looked at what those 500 tickets cost per game, then I doubt they would be losing money. It really is a case of they can’t be bothered. We’ve paid full price for attending games, not streaming them.

Obviously a ballot wouldn’t guarantee access for me, but it’s a slap in the face that they aren’t interested and don’t care about season ticket holders because we’ve already paid our money. The club don’t treat fans well at all anymore.

From the outside looking in, I completely agree with this - it seems very poor. 

It would also make me more inclined to take the season ticket refund, knowing that the club were happy to take my money and not bother allowing access for as many as possible.