Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not sure Thomas is fit enough to start yet.

Yogi seems to suggest match fitness is the issue. How’s he going to improve that warming the bench every week? I was disappointed he didn’t come on at the weekend. If he’s not ready to play, surely better having Todorov there as another option?

12 minutes ago, smpar said:

Didn’t realise the new chairman was a boyhood Pars fan, he is according to Alan Temple.

Yeh I believe he is either from Dunfermline of his family hail from here.

To be a pedant he's the CEO not chairman.

Yeh I believe he is either from Dunfermline of his family hail from here.
To be a pedant he's the CEO not chairman.

Good spot.

Wonder what he’ll bring to the club that McArthur didn’t. As you’ve pointed out, he has a different role to McArthur, looks like he comes with a bit more relevant experience than Ross had before stepping in.

59 minutes ago, smpar said:

Good spot.

Wonder what he’ll bring to the club that McArthur didn’t. As you’ve pointed out, he has a different role to McArthur, looks like he comes with a bit more relevant experience than Ross had before stepping in.

I think you're spot on about the experience, he's coming to the club having worked at some enormous football clubs who will have far more professional operations. Hopefully some of that can yield efficiency.

That said if anyone takes over "chairman" that is in essence a title now with almost none of the responsibility that McArthur took. So pretty much an honorary position.

Hopefully Cook brings a freshness to how things that perhaps are a bit stale are done. As well as making us more attractive to commercial contracts, I hope we avoid the legalised scam that is NFTs.

Hopefully our fan experience and digital platforms get improved, including communication with fans.

Ideally I'd like him to set up a fans meeting to get feedback. He is a marketing guy so I'm expecting it to improve and hopefully with that some more sponsorship and revenue ideas too.

On the face of it, it does look like another good move for us off the pitch at least.

36 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Ideally I'd like him to set up a fans meeting to get feedback.

Pre Covid there was barely the appetite for the fans to hold to board to account Tri-Yearly I'm not certain any additions to that schedule would be productive although maybe I'm being cynical.

2 hours ago, Heaton said:

Hopefully our fan experience and digital platforms get improved, including communication with fans.

Ideally I'd like him to set up a fans meeting to get feedback. He is a marketing guy so I'm expecting it to improve and hopefully with that some more sponsorship and revenue ideas too.

On the face of it, it does look like another good move for us off the pitch at least.

Hopefully they get someone to proof read the website and maybe someone to write it who doesn't peddle moronic cliches, and who can actually write a bit. The website itself is quite poor, especially when you look around at some of the other efforts. It isn't very professional at all.

Even better, hopefully he is alerted to the cesspit that is .net and takes steps to remove all club ties with it, especially from that chodbin Brian. You'll all be surprised to hear that there were quite a few unsavoury posts regarding the Goodwillie fiasco on that site (among the apparently support of Goodwillie were things about the victim that are a disgrace) that were kept up for far too long. That's before we recall that the p***k allowed homophobic and sexist articles to be posted on the front page, and allowed the author back on to his site. He also championed Masterton, removed posts asking questions and/or critcising that regime, reported some posts and posters to the regime and even edited someone's post to make it appear that the poster said something pretty awful, which of course they didn't.

What official club ties are there between .net & DAFC? Apart from Brian obviously, and unless I'm mistaken all he does is volunteer to run Pars TV?

I'm willing to bet that a our new CEO won't give two fucks about an independently run internet football forum, so prepare to get even angrier. 

Edited by da_no_1

31 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

What official club ties are there between .net & DAFC? Apart from Brian obviously, and unless I'm mistaken all he does is volunteer to run Pars TV?

I'm willing to bet that a our new CEO won't give two fucks about an independently run internet football forum, so prepare to get even angrier. 

"I'm going to accuse you of being angry in an attempt to make you seem unreasonable and to belittle you."

Mind and report back to. net now.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

"I'm going to accuse you of being angry in an attempt to make you seem unreasonable and to belittle you."

Mind and report back to. net now.

To be fair you do get in a bit of a state.

I'd ask what a "chodbin" is but you never answered my first question so not much point.......

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I guess using the title dafc and having a similar looking website.

I'm not sure how much power the club would have over changing that.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

I guess using the title dafc and having a similar looking website.

I'm not sure how much power the club would have over changing that.

The home page, which I never look at, does state "unofficial fans site" although it is in much smaller size lettering

Edited by da_no_1

3 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

The home page, which I never look at, does state "unofficial fans site" although it is in much smaller size lettering

Yeh I think the club website should be overhauled into something that's easier to use on mobile especially. But that will cost a fair amount and I think it's difficult to justify when someone is doing it for free

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

To be fair you do get in a bit of a state.

I'd ask what a "chodbin" is but you never answered my first question so not much point.......

'A bit of a state'.

I think you actually believe that as well. Mental that an apparent adult takes such silly online tropes seriously. I bet you actually think that people are genuinely 'seething' all of the time and similar pish.

30 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

'A bit of a state'.

I think you actually believe that as well. Mental that an apparent adult takes such silly online tropes seriously. I bet you actually think that people are genuinely 'seething' all of the time and similar pish.

Accuse me of making assumptions about people I've never met whilst having never met me. Genius.