Walking Down The Halbeath Road

At the moment you've definitely got the best strike partnership in the league with Ohara and Wighton. I couldn't believe you put Wighton out on loan last season, Mcpake played with him at Dundee so he'll know how to get the best out of him.

Edited by FFC 1876

7 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
10 hours ago, Shandön Par said:
Everyone seems quite relaxed about the forwards but it gives me the fear. There are only so many times O’Hara can end up 9th or 10th in the league without things pointing to that being his level. McCann is someone I’d like to see us sell as can see him doing a job at a higher level than us but maybe not a player who would get the heap of goals we need next season. Between them Todorov and Wighton scored maybe 3 goals between them last season? We played 180 minutes against the team who finished 4th in this league without scoring so why will these guys suddenly become goal machines?
McPake looks to be doing good business so far. I don’t think any of our forwards as are lost causes but maybe he can move one or two on or find someone who could work well with/behind one of the current forwards.

Nah, a front 2 of O'Hara and Wighton will see us fine.

I’ll hold you to this! If we’re scraping around mid table by Christmas not scoring any goals we will know who to blame.

10 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Everyone seems quite relaxed about the forwards but it gives me the fear. There are only so many times O’Hara can end up 9th or 10th in the league without things pointing to that being his level. McCann is someone I’d like to see us sell as can see him doing a job at a higher level than us but maybe not a player who would get the heap of goals we need next season. Between them Todorov and Wighton scored maybe 3 goals between them last season? We played 180 minutes against the team who finished 4th in this league without scoring so why will these guys suddenly become goal machines?

McPake looks to be doing good business so far. I don’t think any of our forwards as are lost causes but maybe he can move one or two on or find someone who could work well with/behind one of the current forwards.

Think we'll be fine with O'Hara and Wighton. Even Todorov should be fine. Perhaps McCann might do a job at this level too.

I'd be incredibly surprised if we ever got any money for McCann though, as I don't think he'd be of interest to any club. He's very limited in what he can offer.

I'm in a weird feeling towards the strikers, I'd be happy for all 3/4 to leave yet at the same time I'd be happy for them all to stay as I think they could prove their worth in league 1. If I had to be honest I'd like to see a new striker come in which means one will have to go.

McCann - Big season for him, Yogi put a lot of trust in him when he came in last season. Guys like O'Hara, Todorov couldn't get a sniff and Wighton ended up out on loan. He scored some goals but didn't do enough. If he wants to kick on then having a great season in league 1 will certainly help that. If he doesn't do much then his stock will fall and he'll end up a squad player until his contract runs out in a few years. I can't honestly think what manager is going to be eager to sign him but what do I know.

O'Hara - Gone just take a shot mate. Good player, pain in the arse of defenders, but is so shot shy sometimes. Would like to see him having more of a go and also being a poacher. He scored so many goals for Alloa by just being in the right place in the 6 yard box. Looks like he lost confidence but his work rate is up there. 

Todorov - Harshly treated last season. Scored a few early goals then benched and was hardly seen again. He's got the physicality and I could absolutely see him being a guy who goes on to score 20 this coming season but who knows. If I was moving on 1 of the 4 it would be him.

Wighton - Genuinely think he's one of the best footballers at the club. Couldn't believe it when Yogi let him go on loan. Didn't quite work out in his second stint at Arbroath but lets face it, he was brought in to a team high flying and probably fitting into their system as opposed to playing as the main striker. Due to McPake coming in there's a connection there so hopefully he stays around for us for the challenge next season.

Thanks for the recommendations yesterday. Ended up going to Dhoom based on the feedback on here and it was first class. Better than any Indian restaurant in Dundee.

8 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Will McPake turn Wighton around? 

Boy has the talent to be good but not convinced he is buzzing to be a footballer.

Difficult to be buzzing when managed by Peter Grant.

I think if anyone can get CW firing it'll be a manager who knows him and has worked with him in the past. If he stays I'd imagine McPake will go with him as the number 9 (think that was his number anyway). 

If I had to guess, McPake will play Wighton as an attacking midfielder and Todorov as the main man, but with Wighton coming from deep.

McPake tried to sign both whilst in charge of us so they'll definitely play a prominent part I'd guess.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Thanks for the recommendations yesterday. Ended up going to Dhoom based on the feedback on here and it was first class. Better than any Indian restaurant in Dundee.

Good to hear.

Think they've won a bunch of awards and they have a great local reputation.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

That's nice to hear, generally Dunfermline is quite good for food. 

Just shite for football teams. 

On the strikers situ, I don't think they can be judged too harshly based on last season. The managers were shit and the midfield was even worse. We played a lone striker for a long period so that reduces play time massively as well.

Shit managers and shite coaching was a major major factor last season. Fresh start and so being optimistic [emoji23]

Best 11 as things stand would be IMO

Mehmet

comrie Benedictus Breen edwards

Hamilton

Todd.    Dorrans  Allan 
                Wighton . O’hara

There’s not enough creativity in that midfield and no option to play anything other than narrow. That makes wingers essential .

In reserve we’re covered at full back and up front.

Reserve keeper maybe sorted as part of the coaching setup.  Need another strong option at center back and possibly cover for Hamilton.

TBH I don’t think any one of those will be given more priority over another, it will just be whatever deals we get over the line first.  It’s difficult to predict player availability and who will commit when.