Walking Down The Halbeath Road

21 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Maybe so, but when we've been pumped 5 zip at Ibrox or Celtic Park, we're still disappointed even if it's expected. 

Aye but I'd never say after a defeat at Celtic Park or Ibrox "no one should be beating Dunfermline Athletic 5-0". Teams absolutely should be because sometime we're pish.

Would have been happy to see us bring Kennedy in, to see what he could do under a different manager. He’s clearly highly rated and I think our new system would probably suit him a lot better. He’d be asked to get the ball and run at defenders, rather than whatever Grant/Hughes tried to ask him to do last season.

Having said that, he’s also not a great loss. I’m certainly not disappointed we didn’t get him. He’d be a gamble, but I have a feeling most of our signings will be.

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

We have no wingers but still think we're better off than Falkirk now.

Does anyone actually think that?

I'm glad we didn't sign him but Falkirk seem ahead of us in terms of building a squad. I think they'll win the league this season

59 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Does anyone actually think that?

I'm glad we didn't sign him but Falkirk seem ahead of us in terms of building a squad. I think they'll win the league this season

I meant specifically regarding wingers, apologies for being unclear & the pish attempt at being a smart arse 

Edited by da_no_1

18 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I meant specifically regarding wingers, apologies for being unclear & the pish attempt at being a smart arse 

Ah right, no worries! 

Aye, wingers are needed. Just not Kai Kennedy.

Reading the Falkirk P&B page - they seem to be placing a lot of faith in McGlynn - basically if he thinks Kennedy is the answer then that's good enough for them, along the lines of that "In McGlynn We Trust" patter that that lot along the road used to spout (before he signed a rapist..)

Just have to see how it pans out but after that hilarious dive at Hamilton in November I'm glad we've avoided/missed out on him.

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Thrilled we didn't sign Kennedy. He might have a few good games for Falkirk but will be a passenger at least half the season.

If you'd watched us last season we had a team full of them. Its nothing new. 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Reading the Falkirk P&B page - they seem to be placing a lot of faith in McGlynn - basically if he thinks Kennedy is the answer then that's good enough for them, along the lines of that "In McGlynn We Trust" patter that that lot along the road used to spout (before he signed a rapist..)

Just have to see how it pans out but after that hilarious dive at Hamilton in November I'm glad we've avoided/missed out on him.

They still shamefully adored him after that as well.

6 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Aye but I'd never say after a defeat at Celtic Park or Ibrox "no one should be beating Dunfermline Athletic 5-0". Teams absolutely should be because sometime we're pish.

The difference between you and Buckie is far smaller than the difference between any of the other clubs in Scotland than the OF though.

When we got pumped 7-0 by Aberdeen a few seasons ago, I certainly expected the manager to be saying, 'Aberdeen should never be beating Dundee 7-0' - actually, I didn't expect him to say anything, I expected him to get his books before he had the chance!

Buckie's manager doesn't believe his team should be getting beat 5-0 from a current League One side - I don't think it's that controversial a statement!

Whilst I can understand the shouts of Falkirk fans just being optimistic, I think objectively speaking, you can put more stick in John McGlynn signing someone for the second time than a wingers performances for a team in a relegation battle they failed to get out of.