Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Todd an Allan must show that they are good enough to play in our first team this season and help take us where we want to be, if they can't hit those heights then they need replaced just like any other player. 
I've got to say, when I look at 20 year old Chis Hamilton compared to Todd and Allan, or even the improvement in Josh Edwards who's 22 and younger than Paul Allan. I think these guys look far better players. I feel Allan and Todd have plenty endeavour but not shown enough quality on the ball to get me excited about them. It's a huge year for them

Hamilton is only 20??!!

26 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Hamilton is only 20??!!

Turned 21 last week.

That being said, I'd fully expect someone who came through the youth at Hearts to be better than someone who came through at Dunfermline and has barely played.

An odd comparison to make.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

9 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Turned 21 last week.

That being said, I'd fully expect someone who came through the youth at Hearts to be better than someone who came through at Dunfermline and has barely played.

An odd comparison to make.

Really. What's odd about comparing youth players getting released elsewhere looking better than what we produce. Maybe looking at released youth from elsewhere will bring better results. 

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Really. What's odd about comparing youth players getting released elsewhere looking better than what we produce. Maybe looking at released youth from elsewhere will bring better results. 

You point seemed to be that a player (Hamilton) who came through the youth at Hearts was better than a player (Allen) who came through at Dunfermline.

I would have assumed that would have obvious to anyone, making it totally redundant.

If you were saying something else then apologies.

26 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You point seemed to be that a player (Hamilton) who came through the youth at Hearts was better than a player (Allen) who came through at Dunfermline.

I would have assumed that would have obvious to anyone, making it totally redundant.

If you were saying something else then apologies.

He's a player released by Hearts. Lot's of players have come through youth academies at smaller clubs and been better than youth produced at bigger clubs. If it's so obvious then why don't we scoop up more released youth players from bigger clubs and save ourselves the bother of producing our own.

Falkirk, Livi, St Mirren, Motherwell have produced excellent talent over the years that's far better than players produced at Rangers or Celtic.  I'm not sure how it's odd to compare our best youth talent with talent from a bigger club that not deemed good enough.

Well, seeing as Hearts have a good youth set-up and we basically have had nothing for years then it is a pretty redundant comparison.

Anyway, we'll see this season how the likes of Allen, Todd etc get on with regular matches. Hopefully they can step it up and seize the opportunity in front of them.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Is there an irregular amount of players still out of contract, or whats happening? Every club seems to be really struggling to bring new faces in.

More clubs in England's tier 5 and 6 with money this year it seems.

In our instance, we'll be struggling mainly due to the fact we have been relegated to the seaside league, and will be dealing with all the financial constraints that comes with that. Football in this country has changed a lot in recent times. Players are getting picked up early bells by English clubs it seems, and they are offering contracts which are absolutely ridiculous compared to ours. 

If we're relying on these new youth players (who are 16/17 I believe and no more older than that) then we will get absolutely bodied I fear. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

For example I believe we offered Raith's Tumilty a contract but these sides can blow our offers out the water.

The Hartleypaul affect is definitely ruining a few clubs chances up here, we've signed 11 players so far with two of them essentially academy prospects and we still need another 3/4 signings so I wouldn't worry yourselves too much.

Was mentioned on our thread but I wouldn't be surprised to see you lot end up with Robbie Mutch given Mehmet is you're only option in goals thus far. Seems to be struggling to find himself a club.

Edited by FFC 1876

Definitely hamstrung with the amount we'll be paying to players still on the books. The likes of Dorrans, Mehmet, Chalmers, Wighton etc. They're won't have been a relegation clause/reduction in anybodys contract so likely paying top end championship wages for at least a good few players. I'd not be surprised if Mcpake struggles to put a stamp on the team, personnel wise, this season.

How the f*ck has Chalmers seriously had a career at some decent sized clubs, and played as much as he has? He is honestly so fucking shite. Infuriating we have these players just hoovering good wages. Dorrans is another one. Didn't kick a ball all season, except for getting sent off and making mistakes causing the opposition to score. 

32 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Dorrans is another one. Didn't kick a ball all season, except for getting sent off and making mistakes causing the opposition to score. 

Rubbish. Did Dorrans say a nasty word to you at Somerset?

He's not the player he once was but when he played he was composed and gave plenty effort. Sold the jersey for a goal at Ibrox in the cup but do did everyone else that night.

44 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

How the f*ck has Chalmers seriously had a career at some decent sized clubs, and played as much as he has? He is honestly so fucking shite. Infuriating we have these players just hoovering good wages. Dorrans is another one. Didn't kick a ball all season, except for getting sent off and making mistakes causing the opposition to score. 

Chalmers was very poor last season. There’s no doubt about that. On Dorrans, his red card was rescinded, so that’s a very harsh criticism. He also wasn’t as bad as is made out by some fans.

We had a lot of players who were poor last season. Think it was largely down to abysmal management. Wighton, Dorrans and Comrie are certainly much better players than they looked last season. So I’m willing to see what the likes of Chalmers can do under decent management - although, if the manager doesn’t play him, that tells its own story.

Edited by CallumPar

Chalmers was so bad, he's got a lot to make up for. The cliche they someone isn't trying hard enough is thrown around too often, but I'm convinced it's the case with him. Lazy tracking, no late runs into the box, very lazy efforts on goal, the list goes on.

Dorrans is just picking up injuries that older players tend to do. I think he's actually a decent player but due to his career and supposed high wage, there are big demands put on him.

Chalmers on the other hand is a lazy shite of a player. He's terrified to challenge for the ball. Already seen his half arsed attitude in the warm up games and he' worked his way on to the bench already. I expect zero change in him.

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Because he's cheap.  It's the same reason Brad McKay keeps getting full time contracts.