Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

That's us out the cup. Shite, as that could have funded another signing potentially. Also, if the draw was kind who knows if we would have gotten through? We could have drawn Annan.

If you’d won today you’d have qualified, but only as an unseeded team, which means you couldn’t have drawn Annan.

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If you’d won today you’d have qualified, but only as an unseeded team, which means you couldn’t have drawn Annan.

I thought Annan won their group?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

The 8 seeds are the 5 teams who are in Europe this season, plus the 3 best group winners (Dundee and Arbroath are confirmed, and the final one will either be Aberdeen or County depending on Aberdeen’s result tomorrow).

The other 5 group winners and the best 3 runners-up (of which you would have been one with a win today) are the unseeded teams.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They did, but it’s the 5 teams in Europe and the top 3 group winners that are seeded. That won’t include Annan.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Pretty sure we were out anyway even if he had won the penalty shoot out.

Unless Raith win tomorrow, a penalty shootout win would have seen us through to the next round.

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

The 8 seeds are the 5 teams who are in Europe this season, plus the 3 best group winners (Dundee and Arbroath are confirmed, and the final one will either be Aberdeen or County depending on Aberdeen’s result tomorrow).

The other 5 group winners and the best 3 runners-up (of which you would have been one with a win today) are the unseeded teams.

Ah, forgot there 5 teams in Europe this year! Although haven't actually checked the groups to see if that would have made a difference!

Would have fancied our chances against Motherwell mind...

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Chalmers didn't score any goals in the playoffs. In fact, only one player did, and he wasn't a Pars player. Regardless, I don't feel sorry for Chalmers. Pretty sure we were out anyway even if he had won the penalty shoot out.

When I mentioned Chalmers and playoffs is was that he scored an own goal that essentially sealed our fate which resulted with being in the playoffs. He scored an OG against QoS in the last normal game of the season.

46 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

When I mentioned Chalmers and playoffs is was that he scored an own goal that essentially sealed our fate which resulted with being in the playoffs. He scored an OG against QoS in the last normal game of the season.

Aye, I recall, I was there.

14 hours ago, parxyz said:

If we had won the pens and Aberdeen avoided defeat to Raith tomorrow, then we would have been through. Hey ho.

Think a 2-2 draw and bonus point for Rovers would also have knocked us out on goals scored. We lost our shootout though, so it's all academic.

Was out yesterday but surprised and disappointed that we didn't win the game. Felt we'd win comfortably.

Not shocked that Chalmers missed his penalty after another invisible cameo. A complete waste of space.

13 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Our bench is horrendous, weakening the team by subs certainly can't be put down to the manager. 

It can though? It's McPakes job to build the squad, the fact that we're a week out from the league starting and we don't have a single wide midfielder, or any sort of attacking depth is 100% on McPake? 

Yesterday was desperately poor and just as bad as anything under Hughes and Grant, we were absolutely insipid in that second half. 

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We're only a few days away from a season back in League One. Against a team we've already failed to beat.

I'm feeling rather nonchalant about thr state of things.

I'd be shocked if we won the title and actually think we'll end up closer in points to 5th than 1st.

The idea of watching Joe Chalmers start on Saturday makes me not want to go. I still will ofc but f**k me he is infuriating.

46 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I'd be shocked if we won the title and actually think we'll end up closer in points to 5th than 1st.

The idea of watching Joe Chalmers start on Saturday makes me not want to go. I still will ofc but f**k me he is infuriating.

The first game of any season normally feels exciting. Not this time and I'm not sure if it's because I'm physically detached from the area, age, or just trying to keep expectations low.

13 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I've optimistically gave us a 4th place prediction. We have totally shot ourselves in the foot by dishing out contracts to players that are simply not good enough. 

The cash chucked around last season seems to have absolutely knackered us for this season too. Hughes was given far, far too much cash to spend on utter shite (that ultimately didn't help anyway). Grant before him had chucked out big contracts to dross and poorly performing players, some of whom we're stuck with still.

Last season was just so disastrous and harmful. Ludicrous acts of self harm from a gang of fucking morons on the board.

53 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The cash chucked around last season seems to have absolutely knackered us for this season too. Hughes was given far, far too much cash to spend on utter shite (that ultimately didn't help anyway). Grant before him had chucked out big contracts to dross and poorly performing players, some of whom we're stuck with still.

Last season was just so disastrous and harmful. Ludicrous acts of self harm from a gang of fucking morons on the board.

Unfortunately the effects of last season will linger on for some time to come.