Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Yes! 

Think you had one shot in 90 minutes.We had a game plan and you never looked like breaking us down We missed a great chance in the last minute to make it two. You won on corners though.

I'd say over the two Falkirk pars games two draws would have been fair so for us to come away with just 1' point and the pars 4 really is massive for them.

Another thing someone mentioned just above is that this is a must win for Falkirk, I don't really agree with that, I'd say it's a must not lose for us. If a draw we'd still be 5 points behind with a home game to the pars still to come. So even a draw in the last dozen or so games, and both teams will drop points makes the gap very doable. If we do lose Tuesday it's going to be nigh impossible to catch.

The game in November wasn't easy on the eye but we came to be difficult to beat and that we were. Falkirk had a good first half at East End in September but didn't look anywhere near that team at TFS. 

Really looking forward to next Tuesday, it'll be tense and nervy but potential of a good 6/7000 under the lights which is really exciting. I recall a game from circa 2002 when were were in the SPL, we played Falkirk at home in a midweek cup tie winning 2-0, can't remember if it was Scottish or League cup but I seem to remember there was a brilliant support that night from both sets of fans. Would be great if the crowd was similar to that next week, and the scoreline of course! 😉

edit - just looked this up, there was just shy of 7000 at the game and it was the game where Taribo West was in the stand when we were rumoured to be signing him. Crazy days.

Edited by The Toun Clock

34 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

The game in November wasn't easy on the eye but we came to be difficult to beat and that we were. Falkirk had a good first half at East End in September but didn't look anywhere near that team at TFS. 

Really looking forward to next Tuesday, it'll be tense and nervy but potential of a good 6/7000 under the lights which is really exciting. I recall a game from circa 2002 when were were in the SPL, we played Falkirk at home in a midweek cup tie winning 2-0, can't remember if it was Scottish or League cup but I seem to remember there was a brilliant support that night from both sets of fans. Would be great if the crowd was similar to that next week, and the scoreline of course! 😉

edit - just looked this up, there was just shy of 7000 at the game and it was the game where Taribo West was in the stand when we were rumoured to be signing him. Crazy days.

I see this and I raise you. Last time our sides met on Tuesday 7th March was in 1989. That day we ran out 4-0 victors and that day is now known as Super Tuesday. Time for super Tuesday 2.0

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

To claim we were better is a bit silly. By no means were Dunfermline good, but we were awful

Agree with this. Nobody’s trying to claim we were brilliant that day. For a neutral, it would have been a brutal watch. But Falkirk had so much meaningless possession and no obvious plan to create chances/score goals.

First game at East End, Falkirk were much better than us first half and could have been 2/3 up at HT. Second half, we were the better team and deserved our goal. Was probably a game both sets of fans will think they could/should have won with the chances created.

Expecting next Tuesday to be a very different game. A draw wouldn’t surprise me, but a win for either team would see momentum shift massively in their favour.

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

If we lose the leagues done. Thats the short of it and if we win it is very very much on. Huge pressure on both teams.

Re: Super Tuesday, I wasn't about for that game but I just found it interesting that it was also Tuesday 7th March! Hopefully a good omen for us

Aye, I'd settle for a 4-0 home win this time too 👍