Walking Down The Halbeath Road

On 07/05/2022 at 17:07, Grant228 said:

If we had somehow managed to fluke to stay up this year, we would've given Hughes the summer to splash a hefty sum on what would be shite, to then sack Hughes in October because we'd be fighting relegation. 

Not sure how much faith I have in the board to either sack Hughes (hopefully there's a relegation clause) and appoint a good replacement. 

This has been coming for a long time, it is what it is. I appreciate this will sound mental, but If the clubs aim is to get promoted to the premiership then relegation today might not be the worst thing in the long term, seems to happen fairly often that teams coming up from league one will take that momentum to then challenge in the playoffs of the championship, quite frankly with Hughes at the helm we were never going to do that. 

Again though, it's dependent on the club getting the right appointment, I'm not sure they have that in them. 

I'd still take McIntyre. 

A year on, and with the benefit of seing how it's worked out and I genuinely beleive that losing to Qeens Park was better than winning the playoffs and keeping Hughes, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Watching the highlights from last night - so glad we don't have to watch that wee sand-dancing fanny Kai Kennedy in a Pars shirt. Said at the time they were welcome to him when he went there last summer. Delighted to be proved right for once. Absolute charlatan of a football player.

Wild how much better KRH has worked out eh? 

Just now, Grant228 said:

A year on, and with the benefit of seing how it's worked out and I genuinely beleive that losing to Qeens Park was better than winning the playoffs and keeping Hughes, IMO. 

To quote some cant I canny remember who............ "you've got to go there to come back"

32 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Watching the highlights from last night - so glad we don't have to watch that wee sand-dancing fanny Kai Kennedy in a Pars shirt. Said at the time they were welcome to him when he went there last summer. Delighted to be proved right for once. Absolute charlatan of a football player.

Agreed. Thought he was a heartless rat. Was absolutely fuming at his dive at Hamilton.

29 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Benedictus the best captain since who?

Falkingham or Geggan.

26 minutes ago, Enigma said:

You guys signing Lang?

Not heard anything, didn't do much the last time we had him although I think he was injured a fair bit.

We've got Bene and Breen signed up, wouldn't be shocked if we went for Fisher from Dundee, tried to get Euan Murray in January and I believe if we went up he was going to join in the summer. Also wouldn't be surprised if we tried to loan Otoo again from Celtic. You heard something? 

35 minutes ago, Enigma said:

You guys signing Lang?

He’d probably fit what we’re looking for. He’d be a more mobile player to play with Bene and is a defender who is comfortable with the ball at his feet. I still can’t see this though. He’s fairly injury prone and prone to brain farts. But maybe McPake/Mackay believe they can improve some of his decision making.

Not seen/heard this mentioned at all by any Pars fans, just seen a few Rovers fans mention it. So I’d imagine it’s just speculation for now.

41 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Isn’t the whole Raith squad injury prone? Training facilities/methods? 

No idea but I feel it’s a combination of signing a load of guys with dubious records to begin with, fairly poor facilities and not spending enough on sports science, strength and conditioning. Interestingly Hearts had a shocking injury record this season, the season after they employed our previous strength and conditioning guy… but it is probably a combination of factors.

4 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Not much to add, other than it seems a great morning to be a Pars fan.

Who would have thought a one season visit, to a league at an embarrassingly low level, could have created such positivity.

Probably 5-0 to Falkirk on Saturday now - with Sam Fisher signing for the Rovers after a holiday bust-up...

Didn't BRE end up smashing spence on the last one of these sort of trips?