Walking Down The Halbeath Road

43 minutes ago, Heaton said:

Don't expect then you won't be disappointed.

Sounds like Eeyore. A wise man said "There is nothing so cruel in this world as the desolation of having nothing to hope for." And if you do not believe him you must have faith in Monty Python

jings! I’m showing my age, I was away googling Alex Hunter hoping he was a guid striker 🥴
I’ve given in on new signings, and stopped getting my hopes up. 
I have faith in McPake to get us the cover we need. 

McPake interview in Dunfermline Press from Tuesday. KRH back training with the team, sounds like he might make the bench if all goes well the rest of the week. Not looking to replace both strikers that left, as he felt we had too many last season (but obviously still looking for one). Also says the 2 week break has meant McCann’s over his illness and gave O’Halloran and Summers time too get up to speed.

40 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

When does the transfer window close incidentally?

Anyway, here's my prediction for signings for the rest of the week:

International window closes next Thursday but you can get domestic loans or free agents until the end of the following month. 

5 hours ago, Wacky said:

jings! I’m showing my age, I was away googling Alex Hunter hoping he was a guid striker 🥴
I’ve given in on new signings, and stopped getting my hopes up. 
I have faith in McPake to get us the cover we need. 

In solidarity with a fellow older poster, I will admit that I did the same.

Got slightly excited for 3 seconds when I saw him in a Real Madrid strip and then realised he's on FIFA.

3 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

In solidarity with a fellow older poster, I will admit that I did the same.

Got slightly excited for 3 seconds when I saw him in a Real Madrid strip and then realised he's on FIFA.

Ach! At least we have the kahoonahs to admit it neebs. 
I’ll bet others fell for it too, and wouldn’t admit it. 

26 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

2 years ago, Rangers were turning down bids from West Ham. Now he’s left for free and ended up at a national league side.

Aye cos he's single fish. KRH has more talent when injured than that diving wee kent 

Kai Kennedy just doesn't fit what our club/team are all about.

He's a diving cheat for a start. Not a team player. Won't track back and just massively overrated.

Like Heaton alludes to, KRH is a player that came from a background of Man City & Rangers with not near the same hype as Kennedy. Due to that, he's grounded and realises that he needs to work hard to make the most of his talent.  

The comparison of Kennedy and KRH is a good one, as it refects the kind of decision making we've been making in the last year and a bit compared to the howling mistakes under Grant and Yogi.

25 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Kai Kennedy just doesn't fit what our club/team are all about.

He's a diving cheat for a start. Not a team player. Won't track back and just massively overrated.

Like Heaton alludes to, KRH is a player that came from a background of Man City & Rangers with not near the same hype as Kennedy. Due to that, he's grounded and realises that he needs to work hard to make the most of his talent.  

The comparison of Kennedy and KRH is a good one, as it refects the kind of decision making we've been making in the last year and a bit compared to the howling mistakes under Grant and Yogi.

All probably true,  but mostly the issue with kennedy is he is just not very good at football.  There's plenty of guys with massive ego's , guys who dive and roll around and have a selfish approach who we'd take at east end in a heartbeat.

Edited by parsforlife

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Didn't Pybus sign for them too? 

He's just left.  Interesting Article which seems completely out of step for a guy up here was known to always work hard even if his footballing ability was limited.

Regardless given both signings you wonder if there's still a McNamara link at york.

Normally we've got a manager update on the official site on a Thursday night. Nothing but selling stuff the last few days.

The official site has gone backwards this season. The new facelift is a bit of a mess and the content is crap. Find myself going on there less and less.