Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Liked how McPake gave KRH time off to go home to be with his family for a bit during his recovery and he gave Matty Todd some concert tickets. Must be a lonely place for a player with a long term injury. Can only be good for loyalty and team spirit when a manger is looking out for players like that.

Chris Hamilton is similar to Gary Mason in my mind. He doesn’t always catch the eye to folk when he plays but you sure do notice his absence when he’s out the team.

When everyone is fit though we will have a lot of different options and good players will be sitting on the bench.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Liked how McPake gave KRH time off to go home to be with his family for a bit during his recovery and he gave Matty Todd some concert tickets. Must be a lonely place for a player with a long term injury. Can only be good for loyalty and team spirit when a manger is looking out for players like that.

We’d all want to give our absolute best for a manager that treats us like we’re more than just a number. It’s obvious that the players want to give their all for McPake and their teammates, and that could be testament to how the management team conduct themselves towards the players. 
We’ve all seen how hard this squad works for each other, IMO that is one of the reasons we are seeing attendance increase at EEP 

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Chris Hamilton is similar to Gary Mason in my mind. He doesn’t always catch the eye to folk when he plays but you sure do notice his absence when he’s out the team.

Sadly, Chris yelley caird Hamilton almost always catches the eye of the ref. The laddies passion for his club oozes out his pores when he is playing, sometimes a little too much. 
That said, he is one of my favourite players, his determined work ethic makes him an exciting player to watch. 

25 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Sadly, Chris yelley caird Hamilton almost always catches the eye of the ref. The laddies passion for his club oozes out his pores when he is playing, sometimes a little too much. 
That said, he is one of my favourite players, his determined work ethic makes him an exciting player to watch. 

I actually think this is a little harsh. For me, he seems to have matured a bit and improved his discipline so far this season. Got a late yellow at Queens Park for breaking up a counter-attack. But I’d be hoping any midfielder/defender would ‘take one for the team’ in that situation. Also got a yellow for sticking up for McCann in the Fraser Murray incident in the league cup. But I’m not going to criticise him for that either.

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I actually think this is a little harsh. For me, he seems to have matured a bit and improved his discipline so far this season. Got a late yellow at Queens Park for breaking up a counter-attack. But I’d be hoping any midfielder/defender would ‘take one for the team’ in that situation. Also got a yellow for sticking up for McCann in the Fraser Murray incident in the league cup. But I’m not going to criticise him for that either.

You misunderstand. My tongue is firmly planted in my cheek. 
I’m not being critical of him in any way. His total commitment to the team and club has its pitfalls, and catching the refs eye is a major one of them. I’d never want him to lose his passion for the game in any way, shape, or form, but sadly cards are one of the downsides to that level of passion. 
I believe that if Chris was to try and reel that in it would affect his performance on the park. As you rightly pointed out, he is maturing and evolving as a player, and will learn to keep both the heed and the passion. We’ll all benefit from that when it’s in full effect 

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

And drop Hamilton? I really don't know. 

Not necessarily. I'm basing if off the last game played, 3-0 thumping by Thistle. Either Chalmers or Hamilton could drop out for Otoo as the pair of them were like two farts in a bag. Based on the Thistle game no ones place in the team is safe or guaranteed .

Edited by The Toun Clock

22 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not necessarily. I'm basing if off the last game played, 3-0 thumping by Thistle. Either Chalmers or Hamilton could drop out for Otoo as the pair of them were like two farts in a bag. Based on the Thistle game no ones place in the team is safe or guaranteed .

One bad performance/result and suddenly “no one is safe”

Michty me.

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Now, this is harsh. 
And, the injury crisis has clearly passed you by. Players will be feeling the pressure of having to look after themselves with the injury list we have. 
Before anyone says, I’m not suggesting they are trying any less. 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

Now, this is harsh. 
And, the injury crisis has clearly passed you by. Players will be feeling the pressure of having to look after themselves with the injury list we have. 
Before anyone says, I’m not suggesting they are trying any less. 

Didn't affect them against Morton?

11 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

When everyone is fit though we will have a lot of different options and good players will be sitting on the bench.

He's similar certainly(playing the same position helps!) but he still needs to do a bit of learning to reach that standard.

As pointed out he does pick up alot of yellows,  which anyone will given the role he's asked to play but there's still a few too many avoidable ones too. 

Maybe I'm making assumptions but I feel the fact he came in as vice-captain (a role he plays well) means his age doesn't get mentioned as much as others,  he's younger than todd for example,  plenty room for him grow.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

He's similar certainly(playing the same position helps!) but he still needs to do a bit of learning to reach that standard.

As pointed out he does pick up alot of yellows,  which anyone will given the role he's asked to play but there's still a few too many avoidable ones too. 

Maybe I'm making assumptions but I feel the fact he came in as vice-captain (a role he plays well) means his age doesn't get mentioned as much as others,  he's younger than todd for example,  plenty room for him grow.

Gary Mason was one of the best DMs in Scotland at his peak so I was not suggesting he was at that level or even close tbh.

I think Summers was one injury too far for this squad when we went to Firhill. I’ve never liked the idea that one player missing will effect an entire team performance, yet our make shift team has done brilliantly until that one injury too many. 
Im sure the squad we have right now, has enough about it to keep us mid table. 
We Pars fans know the impact our missing players will have, Airdrie aside, the rest of this league haven’t experienced a full strength Pars yet. IMO, they don’t know how lucky they are right now, but they will see it for themselves when we are back to full strength 

We Pars fans know what’s coming. 

I don't think it was just Summers that was the problem, it was Summers being out aswell as Todd and KRH, we just had no one to come in and link the midfield to the attack. 

f**k knows how we fit them all in the team right enough! 

13 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I don't think it was just Summers that was the problem, it was Summers being out aswell as Todd and KRH, we just had no one to come in and link the midfield to the attack. 

f**k knows how we fit them all in the team right enough! 

Agree with this 100% and was about to say the same. The issue wasn’t that Summers was missing. The issue was that Summers, Todd and KRH were all missing at the same time. Defensively, you can’t ignore Benedictus, Mehmet and Breen being out too.

We struggled (badly) with seven first team players missing. At least 6 of them are likely to be starters, more often than not, when fit. That’s not something to panic about. Particularly when 5 of them are expected to be back next week.