Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 hours ago, Double Jack D said:

🤣

I don't think you want to go down the rabbit hole of discussing management of clubs finances. Wee team pays its debts.

Rovers fans had the chance to vote with their feet regarding the increased price at the recent Dundee United game and, despite quite horrendous weather, we had our biggest home gate in over a decade. I'm not sure I heard any gripes about ticket costs. 

I get why it boils your piss that Pars fans attending will be boosting the Rovers coffers, but the club exploiting games where there will be significant extra demand to increase the clubs revenue is not something that particularly bothers me. 

Wow! That was an easy bite. 

Tiered pricing makes sense commercially on this occasion,  both teams are doing decent and that ultimately dictates the crowd.  We aren't the only the club to do it, although granted its usually seen at a higher level.

Not a fan of it, personally.  Don't see why we should be treating fans of some clubs different than others.  Football is expensive enough for most people.

Aye I certainly recall the Pars doing categories back in the early 2000’s in the Premier League. I think the OF were category A, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and possibly Dundee Utd category B and everyone else category C.

£24 is a silly price for second tier Scottish football, in fact I’d argue it was a silly price for most Premiership games but I’ll be there.

Apart from that absolute sitter from Jakubiak we don’t look like scoring, just like we didn’t look like scoring against Thistle. We really need to pull the finger out against Raith, another lacklustre Dunfermline nil defeat and we’re in bother, especially with Dundee Utd on the horizon. They annihilated Thistle 0-5 at Firhill today, two weeks after we got emptied 3-0.

I know we’re without the main organiser in Bene and our two most creative and influential players in KRH and Matty Todd but the last two games have been beyond p*sh more Peter Grant/Yogi than any of the gutsy stuff we seen last season.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Think McPake needs to be a bit ruthless in his selection next week.

Other than benching Breen does he have many options to do so? 

whilst we played better in the 2nd half it’s not like any of the subs came on and put in a performance to say they must start

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

whilst we played better in the 2nd half it’s not like any of the subs came on and put in a performance to say they must start

I'd play Allan ahead of Chalmers tbf. Although I never drank the Chalmers Kool-Aid - I thought he was perfectly serviceable in League One but not brilliant, and thought he'd struggle in the higher division. Think Fisher has to start if Bene can't play for any reason, he's young but looks like the only organiser back there. Wighton didn't do much, but then Jakubiak only did one thing and that was miss a sitter, so no idea what we do up top.

14 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

We could move the defence around, could have Otoo and Allan in midfield, could have Jakubiak on somewhere, could have Moffat on.

There's definitely some options. Think too many to start would be daft but some could be needed.

44 minutes ago, 101 said:

Mehmet

Comrie Fisher Breen Otoo Edwards

Allan Hamilton

Summers

Wighton McCann

Would be my team against Raith

As parsforlife says above, I would not be playing Breen in that central role. To be honest, after today’s performance, I’m not sure I’d be keen to see him play at all next week. He wasn’t the only one to play poorly, but he was the worst of the defenders and didn’t look anywhere near fit enough to be out there.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'd play Allan ahead of Chalmers tbf. Although I never drank the Chalmers Kool-Aid - I thought he was perfectly serviceable in League One but not brilliant, and thought he'd struggle in the higher division. Think Fisher has to start if Bene can't play for any reason, he's young but looks like the only organiser back there. Wighton didn't do much, but then Jakubiak only did one thing and that was miss a sitter, so no idea what we do up top.

I seen absolutely nothing from Allan to suggest he should be starting, a large part of us looking better in the second half was Aye standing off, and it led to me wanting Chalmers to still be on tbh. 

I'm struggling for a lineup for next week, everyone looked shite. 

On 12/10/2023 at 14:13, The Toun Clock said:

Not necessarily. I'm basing if off the last game played, 3-0 thumping by Thistle. Either Chalmers or Hamilton could drop out for Otoo as the pair of them were like two farts in a bag. Based on the Thistle game no ones place in the team is safe or guaranteed .

Cough Cough Im Sick GIF