Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Add this to the abuse Ross McArthur received during the relegation season and you have to wonder if the German guys wonder why they even bother tbh.

There can be no doubt that the club has suffered a damaging blow to its reputation over this incident and we can only wait and see what action will be taken as a result.

I’m sure I am not the only Pars fan left completely disenchanted and embarrassed to be in any way associated with those cretins.

Totally agree. Needs to be a long discussion about what the club do from here. Too easy to blame the stewards, legislation is soft, cheap season tickets might have compounded the problem, wider societal issues the club can't fix, actually very difficult to self police, etc, etc. 

Really difficult to build the club up, attract investors and players, if this is allowed to shape our reputation. Jumped up wee bams likely don't realise the harm it does, maybe they don't even care. 

Seen so much positive changes in the club over last few years that this has really floored me. Easy to take pot shots at the board but really, it's a hell of a tough job. 

12 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Add this to the abuse Ross McArthur received during the relegation season and you have to wonder if the German guys wonder why they even bother tbh.

There can be no doubt that the club has suffered a damaging blow to its reputation over this incident and we can only wait and see what action will be taken as a result.

I’m sure I am not the only Pars fan left completely disenchanted and embarrassed to be in any way associated with those cretins.

pBG70zppO8uPS6gpBfFGG3eiHNE.gif.250e710e0d1c7b5e3f3c2210ea7eb0d1.gif

3 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Totally agree. Needs to be a long discussion about what the club do from here. Too easy to blame the stewards, legislation is soft, cheap season tickets might have compounded the problem, wider societal issues the club can't fix, actually very difficult to self police, etc, etc. 

Really difficult to build the club up, attract investors and players, if this is allowed to shape our reputation. Jumped up wee bams likely don't realise the harm it does, maybe they don't even care. 

Seen so much positive changes in the club over last few years that this has really floored me. Easy to take pot shots at the board but really, it's a hell of a tough job. 

Your club hasn't done anything wrong, this is a society problem that unfortunately usually starts in the home environment, and "gang" culture, if it hadn't been Dunfermline it would be some other Scottish club as every clubs got them, once these cretins are all found, and an example made of them in the courts to deter others. 

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Your club hasn't done anything wrong, this is a society problem that unfortunately usually starts in the home environment, and "gang" culture, if it hadn't been Dunfermline it would be some other Scottish club as every clubs got them, once these cretins are all found, and an example made of them in the courts to deter others. 

Probably fair but I still don't think it's credible for club to stand back and say they've done nothing wrong and it's nothing to do with them. For a start, there's known issues inside the stadium that's reflective of the wider culture. They can start there once they've dished out bans to those involved last night. 

3 hours ago, embow said:

Looks like they've lifted and charged a seventeen year old according to breaking news.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Unfortunately, due to sentencing guidelines for under 25s, they're unlikely to be punished severely, whereas in the past they'd have been looking at a stretch in Polmont.

Ironically tonight's immediately preceding item on Reporting Scotland was about proposals to scrap Young Offenders Institutions and indeed end 16/17-year-olds here facing court.

Such thugs would be referred to childrens panels.

"Children who are in conflict with the law or have become involved in offending-type behaviour can more profitably be dealt with by addressing their needs - not their deeds. All that we are doing is extending to 16 and 17 year olds - who are children by any definition of the word* - what we have known for half a century."

*in some respects a debateable statement in itself... at those ages you can have sex, drive, get married, alter your identity, approve all sorts of medical procedures and body art, leave school, leave home, join the armed forces, keep pets, receive various benefits, play the lottery... in Scotland you can even vote in Holyrood and council elections...

Edited by HibeeJibee

5 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Ironically tonight's immediately preceding item on Reporting Scotland was about proposals to scrap Young Offenders Institutions and indeed end 17/18-year-olds here facing court.

Such thugs would be referred to childrens panels.

"Children who are in conflict with the law or have become involved in offending-type behaviour can more profitably be dealt with by addressing their needs - not their deeds. All that we are doing is extending to 16 and 17 year olds - who are children by any definition of the word - what we have known for half a century."

And yet they want to give these 16 & 17 "children" a vote............ gawd help us

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

40 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

If you are old enough to get married, drive a car or get to the world darts championship final you are old enough to vote. 

Aye and your also old enough not to be classed as a Child , which is the whole point, you cant have it both ways 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

Just seen the video and it's sickening especially happening to a young lad with a disability. 

The law will do very little to punish them unfortunately. If they had the brass enck to turn up at another Dunfermline game surely those around them would be the first to out them in front of everybody.

They deserve a public shaming and more.

I'd be mortified if tthiswas anybhroup of Falkirk fans.

Dunfermline fans are as outraged as everyone else, should not be a reflection of them or the club, this is a social problem, as long as the club does everything in there power to condemn them and as far as possible keep them out the ground, nothing more they can do, we have a bunch of fuds who follow us as well, as witnessed after diddy cup final and last game at Ayr, similar looking wee fannie's as last night looking for trouble. Society problem not just football.

5 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I'm not really interested in the wee shitehouses giving the boy a doing - does anyone know if the boys alright?

Aye, he seems to be doing well. I'd imagine that he's been pretty overwhelmed over the last 24 hours. Hopefully he'll be back to games in the future and not be put off by the incident.

Feel sorry for the 99% Pars fans.

Different situation but reminds me of our Goodwillie circus from 2 years ago (time flys). We, the supporters didn’t ask for it..had to endure the embarrassment..cost us financially and dragged our name through the mud even though nothing we could’ve done at point of signing.

What Pars can do again similar to what we did and that’s become vocal by ensuring the club dish out the banning orders and that stewards turf out the guys throwing things at players.

I mean none of us would accept going to work and having obscenities shouted at us buts it’s become the norm in football. Going to take a throw in or corner and having cups, bottles etc thrown at us is just actually scandalous when you think about it.

The section North West should be the envy and benchmark for most clubs in Scotland. Sizeable, loud and go to a lot of effort with Tifos and such. Being ruined, no sorry destroyed by a group of skid marks. 

I’ve said for a while that the club will eventually take action against those in the NW if they don’t start actively self-policing.

I was in there plenty of times last season and the atmosphere was at times sensational. However, there was constantly an issue of people throwing objects onto the pitch, including flares, vapes etc.

They are given a lot of free rein but there has to be some responsibility or it will clearly be taken away.

Was having a glance at the comments/reaction on Facebook to the clubs statement and also Section NW's statement. I can't remember if it was the one for the club or the group, but in the comments, two mothers of the kids accused, names plastered all over social media have been proven not involved in the attack by the Police.

I'm not sure exactly how serious, but I think it can be a fairly dangerous game to be plastering names of people all over social media, accusing them of things, especially given their age.

I have Twitter notifications on for the club. A new one came through at 9am and I was gobsmacked it wasn't a bigger statement. Instead some sticker/card collection game.