Walking Down The Halbeath Road

38 minutes ago, parsboi said:

for me the key is Otoo.  Get him out of defence and into midfield and that’s a game changer

I agree, but I think Otoo is stronger in defence than Hamilton. Getting them both back in the midfield will be a season changer. We can only hope that’ll happen before it’s too late. 

The thought of not having to play Hammy and Otoo in the defence is really warming my cockles... I know it could still be a while away.

Mehmet

Comrie - Bene - Fisher - Edward

Hammy - Otoo

KRH - Todd - Jakubiak

Kane

Bench - Little, Breen, Summers, Moffat, McCann, Wighton, Richie-Hosler

Not involved - Benjamin, Fenton, Fagan-Walcott, Tod, Chalmers, Allan, MOH, Sutherland, Holmes plus more academy kids.

Not a bad squad when you look at it like that. Shame we've not had the chance at all this season... 

23 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

The thought of not having to play Hammy and Otoo in the defence is really warming my cockles... I know it could still be a while away.

Mehmet

Hammy - Otoo

KRH - Todd - Jakubiak

Kane

Not involved - Benjamin, Fenton, Fagan-Walcott, Tod, Chalmers, Allan, MOH, Sutherland, Holmes plus more academy kids.

Not a bad squad when you look at it like that. Shame we've not had the chance at all this season... 

Replacing KRH with Ritche Hosler would be tremendous ;)

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

Mehmet

Hammy - Otoo

KRH - Todd - Jakubiak

Kane

Looks a decent side with no injuries.

One player for me in that team that I think has been poor for a while is Comrie. Really think he has struggled last few years. I would be looking to upgrade on the right back area in the summer. Ever since he's chopped and changed being a right back or right centre back last 3 seasons I think he's regressed when playing full back. He seems so easily beaten when at full back and lacks strength in 50/50s.

I would like to see us implement that 4-2-3-1 this week. They have to try something different from the back 3/5. I think MFW was meant to be back this week, I know he had a mare against Morton but I think there a player there. If we could get our new centre back in and play MFW and would stick them in a back four with Comrie and Edwards. Think it would help Comrie in a back 4 where he can sit a bit deeper.

We could then have Hamilton and Otoo in midfield. Kane would be the lone striker and you could have a choice of Moffat, Summers, McCann Jakubiak(believe he returns this week) playing behind him.

15 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Looks a decent side with no injuries.

One player for me in that team that I think has been poor for a while is Comrie. Really think he has struggled last few years. I would be looking to upgrade on the right back area in the summer. Ever since he's chopped and changed being a right back or right centre back last 3 seasons I think he's regressed when playing full back. He seems so easily beaten when at full back and lacks strength in 50/50s.

I would like to see us implement that 4-2-3-1 this week. They have to try something different from the back 3/5. I think MFW was meant to be back this week, I know he had a mare against Morton but I think there a player there. If we could get our new centre back in and play MFW and would stick them in a back four with Comrie and Edwards. Think it would help Comrie in a back 4 where he can sit a bit deeper.

We could then have Hamilton and Otoo in midfield. Kane would be the lone striker and you could have a choice of Moffat, Summers, McCann Jakubiak(believe he returns this week) playing behind him.

I think there's a right dearth of decent right backs tbh, you look at Raith challenging for the title with Ross Millen. 

When you see the list of players out that’s where it really hits home to me how McPake has had his hands tied.  When Fisher got his injury that’s been the straw that’s broke the camels back and then brought on these two disastrous games we’ve just had.  At Tannadice we did really well, but then two games of dross. 

Two things still stand in my opinion.

We went into this season light in numbers, and have been caught out, we continued to run light in the window and again have been caught out.  We ran light last season on both windows and got lucky with very few injuries.  In my opinion, that’s not a manager thing, that’s a board thing.  I’m sure if McPake had been offered more players in each of those windows, hed have snapped your hand off, with increasing ferocity each window that passes.  

Injuries, I’ve never known it so severe, this is incredible.  Hes lost his 3 best players almost all season, and only Edwards and Chalmers have had an injury free run, and we’re just gone past halfway point in the season.  It’s just such bad luck.  

with both of those in mind, McPake still gets plenty of time to put it right.  I understand the frustration from many, but the challenge is what changes could he make with such a tight personnel?  For me his success last season came from ability to change things when it was tight, this season he’s simply not been able to do that.   I have very little confidence that a new coach would do that much better with the current situation.

42 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Hasn't he been playing for Dundee?

Rickie Lamie has returned from injury and he was back out the team on Sunday. Think the have another centre back in from England available now too.

13 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Rickie Lamie has returned from injury and he was back out the team on Sunday. Think the have another centre back in from England available now too.

Get him signed up ASAP, he’s just the tonic we all need right now. 

23 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Correct, if you get Lee then it's a very good signing. Stroll the championship.

Lee Ashcroft, I think, is now back to playing second fiddle to Rickie Lamie. I'm not sure how that one flies given we have used all our loans? 

Edit- In fact, what is the maximum? I thought it was 6 but I have seen info online that it is 7. 

Edited by DAFC.

10 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Lee Ashcroft, I think, is now back to playing second fiddle to Rickie Lamie. I'm not sure how that one flies given we have used all our loans? 

Edit- In fact, what is the maximum? I thought it was 6 but I have seen info online that it is 7. 

Five domestic I believe, no limit on international. So we have Summers, Kane, Jakubiak from Scottish clubs and Fagan-Walcott, Benjamin, Moffat, Holmes from England? Which would mean we could have one if it's 5 in total (as we had Sharp earlier in the season) or two if it's 5 at any one time.

13 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Five domestic I believe, no limit on international. So we have Summers, Kane, Jakubiak from Scottish clubs and Fagan-Walcott, Benjamin, Moffat, Holmes from England? Which would mean we could have one if it's 5 in total (as we had Sharp earlier in the season) or two if it's 5 at any one time.

Jakubiak isn't on loan, signed a one year deal.

10 hours ago, parsboi said:

When you see the list of players out that’s where it really hits home to me how McPake has had his hands tied.  When Fisher got his injury that’s been the straw that’s broke the camels back and then brought on these two disastrous games we’ve just had.  At Tannadice we did really well, but then two games of dross. 

Two things still stand in my opinion.

We went into this season light in numbers, and have been caught out, we continued to run light in the window and again have been caught out.  We ran light last season on both windows and got lucky with very few injuries.  In my opinion, that’s not a manager thing, that’s a board thing.  I’m sure if McPake had been offered more players in each of those windows, hed have snapped your hand off, with increasing ferocity each window that passes.  

Injuries, I’ve never known it so severe, this is incredible.  Hes lost his 3 best players almost all season, and only Edwards and Chalmers have had an injury free run, and we’re just gone past halfway point in the season.  It’s just such bad luck.  

with both of those in mind, McPake still gets plenty of time to put it right.  I understand the frustration from many, but the challenge is what changes could he make with such a tight personnel?  For me his success last season came from ability to change things when it was tight, this season he’s simply not been able to do that.   I have very little confidence that a new coach would do that much better with the current situation.

I'm not blowing smoke up your erse, but, that's the best/fairest post that's been posted anywhere on here regardong summerising our season to date. 

10 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Pretty sure it’s 5 domestic loans at any given time. So you can have 5 guys join on loan until January, then another 5 from January. So Sharp won’t be counted in the figures. Guys from Blackpool/Cardiff don’t count as domestic loans either.