Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Right, after someone left their notes at the office we finally got off our arses and recorded the rest of our latest episode of East End Tales.

Special guest- Ian Westwater

Perfect bloody timing with a game against Dundee Utd coming up.

Even if you don't like the other pish we talk about, I highly recommend listening to the interview part of this episode. We talk about a couple of high profile games from 1997 including the 2-1 at Celtic Park and the 1-0 win in the Coca Cola cup quarter final against Hearts in 1997. We even discuss the introduction of the passback rule and comparisons from his time to modern goalkeeping and his thoughts on some of the aspects of what makes a good goalie. 

EPISODE LINK: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14684953 (we're also on Spotify etc)

Highlights Hearts 1-0:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ofkTuo5loo

Highlights Celtic 2-1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkGD0SvwqHM

Hope you enjoy it. 

Manager has confirmed Otoo has been playing with a groin injury so that probably explains his early departure against Raith. Fisher and Tod will be back in the squad and Breen is to start training next week. It doesn't sound promising on the Chris Kane front though, get the feeling he won't be back until next week.

2 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Manager has confirmed Otoo has been playing with a groin injury so that probably explains his early departure against Raith. Fisher and Tod will be back in the squad and Breen is to start training next week. It doesn't sound promising on the Chris Kane front though, get the feeling he won't be back until next week.

Hopefully the squad is as full as it can be for the final 7, will be a hectic and nervy run in after facing the league leaders.

10 hours ago, Well over Par said:

Final 7 games massive. On a positive note, we will be able to pick from pretty much a full squad. 
Comrie the only one not available 

Wighton also out for the season apparently. 

If we played Arbroath every week, I'd have Wighton up front every week. He seems to score against them every time we play.

I thought he done well last season. He's a good footballer and you can see when we've got the luxury of being ahead with a bit of a cushion and the flicks and tricks come out, he's pretty good but he just isn't a centre forward.

Should we stay up (which I do think we will), I think there'll be a bit of change in the final third for next season, given how poor we've been there this season. I'm not saying he'll get paid up, or anyone for that matter as we certainly don't have that cash but I wouldn't be shocked if he's not seen as the #9. Again, he might have this decent rest and come back to pre-season staking his claim.

Edited by The Toun Clock

Kane out for Friday as well by the sounds of it. 

We are fucked without him. We haven't once looked capable of scoring when he hasn't featured recently. 

19 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Kane out for Friday as well by the sounds of it. 

I am clinging on to the hope that we're trying to ensure he's fit for the remaining games after tomorrow night. Please let it be so..........