Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Apparently Chris Kane has trained all week so he should be involved tomorrow, probably goes straight in for summers who is a doubt. Wighton had surgery today as well.

Would you stick Kane straight back in for Jak or leave it as it was? Probably moving Jak where Summers played makes sense, he'd deal with the physical battle much better whereas Summers doesn't seem to get involved in that.

31 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I understand why Dundee United cut the allocation now, fair play. 

Nah, still the shed not the Fair Play we are being put in.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Would you stick Kane straight back in for Jak or leave it as it was? Probably moving Jak where Summers played makes sense, he'd deal with the physical battle much better whereas Summers doesn't seem to get involved in that.

Yeah exactly that I'd have Jak in that left AM role (which he was sort of drifting in and out of against United anyway) and have Kane as the focal point.

Edited by VinnyPar

If we can get Kane up front and Friday night Jak alongside KRH and Matty Todd I'd feel fairly confident about getting at least a point on Saturday.

Or we could still get pumped.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

No brainer for me. Kane in; Jakubiak in a wider left position for Summers. Everything great that Jak did last week was as a left-sided attacker, not an out and out striker. Summers is struggling, as you might expect for someone that age. 

Simple swap for me.  

I have just put a message into the sponsors group chat. Sometimes people drop out of it so if you are one of the elite P&B Pars and don't have a message let me know and I can add you back in.

Hate to be 'that guy' but today showed up issues with consistency, in terms of players, formations and the team in general.

We were nowhere near our performance last week.

Great that we got the win, and credit to the team and players, but another team would have taken advantage of us and beaten us. Defensively I thought we were solid but going forward we were poor with too many punts and KRH, Kane*, Jakubiak and Todd not involved enough and not linking up effectively.

*Injured again, hopefully he's back for next week, but wouldn't be disappointed if Jakubiak played in the role as he did against Dundee United.

I thought Kane was superb today. A proper striker, won’t score much but adds so much to the team. Didn’t notice any injury either. 

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Hate to be 'that guy' but today showed up issues with consistency, in terms of players, formations and the team in general.

Great that we got the win, and credit to the team and players, but another team would have taken advantage of us and beaten us. Defensively I thought we were solid but going forward we were poor with too many punts and KRH, Kane*, Jakubiak and Todd not involved enough and not linking up effectively.

*Injured again, hopefully he's back for next week, but wouldn't be disappointed if Jakubiak played in the role as he did against Dundee United.

Didn't think he went off purely due to injury, I think he was getting readied to come off anyway as by that point he'd played 77 minutes, having not played since 2nd March.

Saw BMMMH out in Braehead today. Didn't want to say anything as he was with his kids. Shat it big time. Almost as much as Raith in 2011 tbh. 

22 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Did we go to a 5 at the back when Fisher came on? Presume we did and if so did it improve or weaken things?

Similar change against United really didn't work out.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Saw BMMMH out in Braehead today. Didn't want to say anything as he was with his kids. Shat it big time. Almost as much as Raith in 2011 tbh. 

Wasnae halfway up a drainpipe peering in a windae wis he?

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Did we go to a 5 at the back when Fisher came on? Presume we did and if so did it improve or weaken things?

Similar change against United really didn't work out.

We played in a 5 the whole game, as we did against United. Not sure why people think otherwise? MWH has been playing RCB.

1 minute ago, VinnyPar said:

We played in a 5 the whole game, as we did against United. Not sure why people think otherwise? MWH has been playing RCB.

Aye, I've seen a few comments on here and on dotnet about 4 at the back and that's not what I've been seeing. Welch-Hayes has been RCB and Ritchie-Hosler has been RWB surely?

From the game against Utd it very much looked like Welch-Hayes was playing as a right back, in a back four. Also from the steam yesterday it looked the same, until late on when Fisher came on.

Could have sworn it was this yesterday -

Deniz

MWH - Bene - MFW - Edwards

Hammy - Otoo

KRH - Todd - Jak

Kane

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye, I've seen a few comments on here and on dotnet about 4 at the back and that's not what I've been seeing. Welch-Hayes has been RCB and Ritchie-Hosler has been RWB surely?

Aye that's exactly it. Clearly KRH against United wasn't given many (if any) defensive responsibility as he was always high and wide lookin to make things happen. Getting Hammy and Otoo in midfield and Bene back in the covering centre half role has completely transformed us. 

Special mention for MFW as, apart from the Morton game, he's been absolutely outstanding and strolls through games at this level. Really hope we've put a deal in front of him to ponder.