Walking Down The Halbeath Road

34 minutes ago, par-adise said:

POTY will be weird this season with so many in and out the team. But I can't see past the pair of them to be picking up most of the awards. 

I'm not 100% sure of the age limit for YPOTY but I'd imagine Otoo will take the main prize. However, I wouldn't be shocked to see Hammy land POTY and Otoo then taking the YPOTY because they've been the two most consistent players. The reason I mention the age limit is because I often forget how young Hammy is (still only 22) so I wondered if he would qualify.

Looking at the squad list, the guys who've returned recently are having good impact but they've missed so much I think it would be unfair on Hammy and Otoo.

10 hours ago, Well over Par said:

Hammy and Otoo the only pair in the running. 
Hammy shades it for me 

Jings! Why do I feel like I’d be betraying one of these guys however I vote? They’ve both been outstanding this season. 

Reserve team won the cup semi-final against Hamilton reserves.More first team players in this game than we were able to put out as a first team a couple of months ago.Livingston won their semi so that will be the final.

DUNFERMLINE: Max Little, Xavier Benjamin, Sam Fisher, Rhys Breen, Paul Allan, Joe Chalmers (c), Michael O’Halloran (Sam Young, 86), Andrew Tod (Ewan McLeod 78), Owen Moffat, Bradley Holmes, Taylor Sutherland
SUBS NOT USED: Michael Beagley, Jake Rennie
SCORERS: Allan (15), Moffat (24), O’Halloran (84)

Don't really understand why you would have unused subs in the cup game like Allan and Chalmers playing 90 minutes whilst Rennie and Beagley warm the bench seems odd.

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The Hampden free kick has to be the favourite to win but I loved KRH’s. He’s so composed.

Oft some lovely ones in there but I'd also probably go for KRH's. 

I went

Hammy PotY

Otoo YPotY

Todd goal Vs Patrick the touch for me is just so so good. Also think he merits some recognition for his return to the team.

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

I know we are in the much coveted 4th spot, but as long as we don’t hit the playoffs at the wrong end of the table I’ll be a happy Par. 

Virtually guaranteed at least 8th now unless ICT turn into Barcelona c.2009 for the next 5 games. 

The Paul Allan conundrum continues.

I think 6 months ago people would have shrugged at him leaving as a free agent in the summer but recently, especially the last 5 weeks or so, I think he has proved a valuable squad player.

Obviously with him and another non-combative slow CM then you aren't going to do anything of note in this league but I feel he still has something to offer and at a wage that is presumably pretty affordable. His delivery has improved as has his grit, when Hammy was taken off against United he did a similar role really well, took his goal today well.

For me he is now in the keep pile for next year. Is he in yours?

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

The Paul Allan conundrum continues.

I think 6 months ago people would have shrugged at him leaving as a free agent in the summer but recently, especially the last 5 weeks or so, I think he has proved a valuable squad player.

Obviously with him and another non-combative slow CM then you aren't going to do anything of note in this league but I feel he still has something to offer and at a wage that is presumably pretty affordable. His delivery has improved as has his grit, when Hammy was taken off against United he did a similar role really well, took his goal today well.

For me he is now in the keep pile for next year. Is he in yours?

Yes if Chalmers goes.

Which he won't as he (Chalmers) will be under contract for a further year.

Edited by DA Baracus

Given we are now most probably going to be a championship club next season my thoughts on the squad is,  It’s generally ok, there’s nobody I particularly want to make sure we don’t have playing for us next season.

But for a squad our size there’s too many guys who are ok for maybe 10-15 starts and the opposite as subs. We don’t have enough who have the quality that makes them certain starters for a club fighting for promotion.  

Therefore we are going to need to let a few guys go who haven’t done a huge amount wrong to allow us bring in proven quality, Allan may fall a victim of that more in relation to contract timing than anything else but I’ve got no problem with him being here longer.

54 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Given we are now most probably going to be a championship club next season my thoughts on the squad is,  It’s generally ok, there’s nobody I particularly want to make sure we don’t have playing for us next season.

But for a squad our size there’s too many guys who are ok for maybe 10-15 starts and the opposite as subs. We don’t have enough who have the quality that makes them certain starters for a club fighting for promotion.  

Therefore we are going to need to let a few guys go who haven’t done a huge amount wrong to allow us bring in proven quality, Allan may fall a victim of that more in relation to contract timing than anything else but I’ve got no problem with him being here longer.

There too much baggage on 2 year deals. 

MOH, Chalmers, Breen, Wighton etc. Need to find a way of getting them off the wage bill.

8 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

There too much baggage on 2 year deals. 

MOH, Chalmers, Breen, Wighton etc. Need to find a way of getting them off the wage bill.

Your not just going to get rid of these guys easily, they've taken the longer term deals for a reason.

Probably part of the reason I don't think promotion next year is likely is that we can't turnover enough players, the very small chance of being promoted this year terrifies me as much as I'd be buzzing for it. In that unlikely event we'd need a dozen really strong premiership players coming in.

A standard must be set. Said standard must align with the goals of the club.

Presumably these goals will be to get promoted to the Premiership.

In pursuit of these goals the club must be ruthless when it comes to players and especially younger players. Younger players shouldn't get extensions past a certain age just in case they'll be decent.

For younger players, if you aren't showing enough by a younger age then sorry, please leave. You'll miss a couple of guys who make it but the majority of the ones you keep (after various criteria at various age limits).