Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Would rather have Chris Kane than Graham to be honest.  Kane is an outstanding lone stiker at this level.

Nah that's just silly.

Compare the records of both players at this level and there's a clear winner.

15 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

They weren't very ambitious when they took the lead but at 0-0 and 1-1, Thistle looked pretty dangerous going forward.

I don't think they came for a draw but they were probably happy enough with the result.

I'd suggest maybe we( the crowd) felt nervous when they came forward rather than the team feeling massively under threat. I mean, Morton or Airdrie were dangerous a few weeks ago. Never felt that way today. 

Edited by DA87

I'd take both. Graham is a great out and out striker, Kane would be a great man to play off him. I'd sign Kane in an instant but he's not the complete answer. If we want to winning this league next season, we'll need Kane and a 15+ goal a season striker. 

Obviously, this is likely a pipe dream but scoring goals must be addressed next season. One new striker is not enough. McCann, Holmes, Wighton, MOH, Summers, Moffat, even Jakubiak if required, can all make way if it frees up wages for upgrades in the striker department. 

2 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

I'd take both. Graham is a great out and out striker, Kane would be a great man to play off him. I'd sign Kane in an instant but he's not the complete answer. If we want to winning this league next season, we'll need Kane and a 15+ goal a season striker. 

Obviously, this is likely a pipe dream but scoring goals must be addressed next season. One new striker is not enough. McCann, Holmes, Wighton, MOH, Summers, Moffat, even Jakubiak if required, can all make way if it frees up wages for upgrades in the striker department. 

I'd agree with that. Kane isn't the full package but his link up and threat is evident. No one has mentioned Jak today. He got clapped off all around the ground I'm gonna presume it's the residue of the performance against Dundee Utd cos it wasn't on today. Candle is out for McCann cos I have the fear he'll go elsewhere and be dynamite. I'd keep the boy a bit yet. 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

I’d take Graham in a second. He’s an absolute pest, knows and is willing to do every trick going and scores goals too, it only pisses you off cos it’s being done against you.

Totally disagree. He's a total cock

Agree with people above, Brian Graham would fall into the same bracket as guys like Chris Hamilton, Josh Falkingham, Andy Smith. Hate playing against them, but the kind of guy you absolutely love when they’re at your club. Wears his heart on his sleeve and does whatever it takes to win. Plays with real passion/desire.

7 hours ago, pawpar said:

Otoo is obviously the best player of the season by a country mile. 

Yep, I voted him as my player of the year.  Won't be here much longer I fear. 

3 hours ago, Well over Par said:

Hamilton for me. Ewan as young player of the year 

I’ve done it the opposite way around, whatever way it ends up I hope they both get one and they’re not both say on 30% of the vote in both categories and someone else sneaks.

18 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah that's just silly.

Compare the records of both players at this level and there's a clear winner.

Really. I would've thought Kane has played longer at a higher level and achieved much more that Graham in his career.

Kane was Saints' main striker for their double win. Graham has won zero major honours, although has been involved in a few title winning sides in this league. Kane is clearly the better player and has had a better career IMO. 

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why is Kane on loan to us then?

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Wanted to play for a big club. 

This, plus also injuries.  I don’t think anyone is claiming he’s an excellent premiership player as things stand FWIW only he has a good record