Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, Islay said:

I certainly won’t argue with anyone at the game, because it’s not worth it. A very good League One player, however people have made their mind up so it’s really not worth him pursuing a career at the club next season. His problem is that he is always available for the ball, which is his downfall.

His problem is that he's very slow.

He unable to close down or do the dirty side of the game, which is required at this level. Hamilton and Otoo can do that and we are a much better team when they are in midfield. 

I do think he has been harshly treated today and a lot of that is due to him not being Chris Hamilton.  I did feel a bit awkward when folk were cheering him off sarcastically. No need for that. McPake clearly wouldn't normally play the guy if Hamilton was fit. 

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

He unable to close down or do the dirty side of the game, which is required at this level. Hamilton and Otoo can do that and we are a much better team when they are in midfield. 

I do think he has been harshly treated today and a lot of that is due to him not being Chris Hamilton.  I did feel a bit awkward when folk were cheering him off sarcastically. No need for that. McPake clearly wouldn't normally play the guy if Hamilton was fit. 

Thats the problem I have, as I understand his faults. There’s just no need to be a dick, he was fine when he played - Moffat put in a comparable performance but didn’t receive the same level of abuse. Football fans…

Chalmers is fine but if we have ambitions to be upwardly mobile then he isn’t a guy to be part of said ambitions.

He isn't alone in that.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Bang on for me. It's the slowness of the play, and the 'perceived' lack of effort in any one on one battle in midfield. For me, he's a luxury player and one that is great when we are dominating the game with his eye for a pass. The problem is there are few, if any, games in this league where that is effective. 

As others have noted, the mobility and athleticism has been night and day since Otoo and Hamilton moved into midfield and it's a shame when it's clear some players' time is up with the club because they no longer meet the expected benchmark. The guy has done a decent shift and it shouldn't be forgotten that he was key in helping us return to Championship at the first time of asking. He doesn't deserve half the shit he takes. 

And he's certainly not the only one that should be left behind if this club wants to raise the bar. I just hope there's a deal can be made with a club that allows him first team football before he becomes a bigger scapegoat for a section of our support. 

We're going to need to strengthen midfield if we can. Hamilton and Otoo need stronger competition and backup, and Chalmers nor Allan currently fit the bill. At some point, we're also going to see offers for Otoo. 

I hope these guys can move on soon to a club where they can play first team football as it's unlikely to be here. 

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Absolutely this. This league requires dig and someone that's ready to take a dunt to the head of it comes to you in a challenge. He ain't it. Otoo was my Motm today. He was biting everywhere. 

Edited by DA87

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Otoo is tremendous and is one of two lads on the shortlist for player of the year (and for me he's slightly ahead just now).

Hammy is just shading it for me cos he's a mouthy wee sort. And the leap he has on him is unreal for his height. Standing in for Bene up until recently he's been absolutely fantastic. It's kinda nice that he's a Pars lad too. ☺️.  He'd run through walls for the club. We don't often have that kind of player. But all in all the whole squad is pulling in the right direction now and long may it continue.

6 minutes ago, DA87 said:

Hammy is just shading it for me cos he's a mouthy wee sort. And the leap he has on him is unreal for his height. Standing in for Bene up until recently he's been absolutely fantastic. It's kinda nice that he's a Pars lad too. ☺️.  He'd run through walls for the club. We don't often have that kind of player. But all in all the whole squad is pulling in the right direction now and long may it continue.

Aye it's between Hamilton and Otoo for me and reckon that's the same for most of our fans.

Hopefully Ewan is a Pars lad now as well!

I was really chuffed with that performance today. It wasn't a game where we had it all our own way by any means but we dug a point out against a solid team.  Could've easily have both won and lost it.

I really can't stand Brian Graham. I used to say I'd have him in my team but all the shite that he does other than scoring a few goals......nah f**k him

Just now, da_no_1 said:

I was really chuffed with that performance today. It wasn't a game where we had it all our own way by any means but we dug a point out against a solid team.  Could've easily have both won and lost it.

I really can't stand Brian Graham. I used to say I'd have him in my team but all the shite that he does other than scoring a few goals......nah f**k him

He was found out when he was on the deck in the 2nd half and he quickly found his feet again cos no foul was given and we were on the break. I'm a fan of our James McP. But if I hear Dundee or Brian Graham again in ParsTV interview I'm gonna blow. 

He's a wannabe and Dunfermline are a better club than Dundee. 

Just now, DA87 said:

He was found out when he was on the deck in the 2nd half and he quickly found his feet again cos no foul was given and we were on the break. I'm a fan of our James McP. But if I hear Dundee or Brian Graham again in ParsTV interview I'm gonna blow. 

He's a wannabe and Dunfermline are a better club than Dundee. 

I meant a bigger club. And better

4 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I’d take Graham in a second. He’s an absolute pest, knows and is willing to do every trick going and scores goals too, it only pisses you off cos it’s being done against you.

He's at a club that suits and that's great. I personally thought Kane was the better all rounder on today's showing. 

He's made a massive difference to what we are about and you don't need to look any further than when we scudded Partick a few weeks ago. Partick came for a draw today. And no one will tell me any different. And so it ended up