Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Fair point. 

Also worth pointing out that 5th place in the Championship also gets charged VAT so it still wouldn't be three times as much. 

It's small things, but why say it? 

Depends what you think mid table is, 4th to 7th is all mid table.  

4th place gets £323,916.67 after VAT is removed which is not quite but almot 3 times as much 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Where did you see that break down

If the % share is the same for 5th then think it should be closer to £350,000?

As as far as I can tell the last time the SPFL published their prize pot (in 2018)breakdown it was 1% of the pot for 5th and the pot. I think the prize fund with the last year of Cinch participation is £35m

Morton got £371,000 according to the Edinburgh Evening news which includes TV money last year, which would kind of point to that, however I could have missed a massive game on TV they landed.

I think it's ridiculous the SPFL don't publish this every year, unless they do and I can't see it.

Here it is. You can see how a cup run in the Scottish is so lucrative. 

But also the massive discrepancy between the top flight and championship.

Away from all the excitement at EEP tonight Jake Sutherland and Ewan McLeod have gone out on loan to Crossgates, reasonable move for them to get exposure to senior football.

Edited by 101

Not going to get carried away, it’s just one game and there’s still a long way to go. But, last night showed us what this squad is capable of. At times, I’ve wondered if we were putting too much pressure on certain players, by assuming we’d be capable of more once they were back in the team.

Benedictus has been so good since returning from injury. The team look much better with him in there and Hamilton/Otoo in midfield. Fagan-Walcott has also been excellent for the last month or so. Likewise, when we have Todd making runs in beyond the striker, it allows us to get the best out of Jakubiak, as we did last night. Todd always seems to be making runs in behind, or into the box and he’s usually reliable when he gets a chance too.

By the way, Matty Todd is only one goal away from being our top scorer in the championship already this season. He’s missed 17/29 games through injury, but has scored 4 in his 12 appearances. Only Wighton (5) has scored more for us.

KRH being back is so good to see. He wasn’t too effective last week, but last night we definitely saw that he’s more than capable of making an impact at this level. 

I really hope we can kick on from here, because last night was so different to what we’ve seen so far this season. We were clinical and looked really good going forward. That third goal was lovely play. Great play from KRH to steal the ball, then he just drove the ball forward with pace, the defenders didn’t know what to do. The one-two with Jakubiak was a great piece of play and somehow wiped out the entire United defence and then it was a very composed finish.

12 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Not going to get carried away, it’s just one game and there’s still a long way to go

Completely agree, 41 points probably looks like safety this year, massive push to get over that point as fast as possible but Morton next week will be a difficult game.

I love Todd and KRH, some boys.

Is there any update on Summers injury last night? With big players finally coming back I don’t think we should overlook the lad, I’d still have him in our strongest lineup and would be a loss.

20 minutes ago, AlwaysAPar said:

Is there any update on Summers injury last night? With big players finally coming back I don’t think we should overlook the lad, I’d still have him in our strongest lineup and would be a loss.

I don't think he is much a loss to be honest. Got natural ability but looks like a lost wee laddie. Hope he's not injured though.

It's would be nice to have summers available as he's capable of good moments but I don't think there's anything really to say he must start ahead of any of the other attacking options.  If you had to have anyone drop out of the starting 11 last night it would have been him.

Yeah, Summers not adding enough for me. But I do think the club are asking or expecting too much of him. Doesn't always look fit and is pretty lightweight to be starting so regularly. Definitely a very technical player and has decent prospects, but I'd prefer to use him less. 

Really need to improve the MOH, Summers, Moffat, Holmes, McCann, Wighton group in summer. 

Stark, stark difference as we moved from Hamilton and Otoo to Allan and Chalmers. Felt a bit sorry for Chalmers... looked well off the pace and isn't going succeed alongside Allan. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Completely agree, 41 points probably looks like safety this year, massive push to get over that point as fast as possible but Morton next week will be a difficult game.

I love Todd and KRH, some boys.

Funnily enough after the Raith game last week I had a scan at our remaining and made a wee list of where I thought we could get points. I think I said we’d get a point last night but that we’d take nothing from Cappielow as it felt like the toughest game/venue still to go.

Remaining games - 

Home: Thistle, Queens Park, Inverness

Away: Morton, Arbroath, Airdrie, Ayr

I’m fairly happy with how the run in lands. We seen the pasting we got off Morton at home recently so not overly fussed if we play them home or away. However I’d rather not have to go to Inverness, Hampden or Firhill. We’ve won at Cappielow and Airdrie with depleted squads this season. I think we’re better than both Ayr and Arbroath and can go there and win. 

1 hour ago, AlwaysAPar said:

Aye? Fair play but he wouldn't be in mine, and even though nobody has asked... 

Mehmet 

Comrie-MFW-Bene-Edwards

Hamilton-Otoo

KRH - Todd - Jak

Kane

In game it could slide around, you could put KRH at rwb etc, and without Comrie we've got WH at right back/rcb which is fine. 

30 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Stark, stark difference as we moved from Hamilton and Otoo to Allan and Chalmers. Felt a bit sorry for Chalmers... looked well off the pace and isn't going succeed alongside Allan. 

Agreed, I like Chalmers more than most but I was fair dismayed when I realised they'd be in midfield together. I think he could genuinely work with the right partner, but that isn't Allan. 

Chalmers is a decent footballer and often unfairly chastised. He isn't naturally combative but can influence in other ways by holding a ball and effectively distributing the ball. But yes, he needs the right player alongside him.

I think one of the priorities in the summer is finding a couple of battling midfielders who can step in for Hamilton/Otoo off the bench. I don't think the system McPake likes to play can afford to have a player like Chalmers or Allan in it at the championship level. 

On the summers point i don't think he works hard enough defensively and his creative output has been lacking in the 10 role. I'd much rather see Moffat who has the pace and energy along with the work rate 

Allan or chalmers with otoo or hamilton is absolutely fine and may actually be the best choice especially if we are in control of possesion.

The only combination of our deep lying midfielders that doesn't work is allan and chalmers together.

12 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Mehmet 

Comrie-MFW-Bene-Edwards

Hamilton-Otoo

KRH - Todd - Jak

Kane

In game it could slide around, you could put KRH at rwb etc, and without Comrie we've got WH at right back/rcb which is fine. 

Agreed, I like Chalmers more than most but I was fair dismayed when I realised they'd be in midfield together. I think he could genuinely work with the right partner, but that isn't Allan. 

No Sam Fisher????

21 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Mehmet 

Comrie-MFW-Bene-Edwards

Hamilton-Otoo

KRH - Todd - Jak

Kane

I’d love to see this team take to the park until the end of the season. Sadly no Comrie available 

What a totally different season we would have had if Kane and Matty were available. I’ve read some peoples doubts about wee Kane at this level across the Pars websites, but he doesn’t seem out of his depth IMO. I know there’s no guarantees at this level but I think with those guys more available we’d be challenging nearer the top than bottom right now. I’m actually looking forward to our next game without trepidations for a change.