Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, North West said:

Gordon Rowan & Mike O'Reilly playing Charlie D's prematch on Saturday, superb.

Great way to see out this season at our last home game of the season.

COYP

*hopefully our last home game of the season 🫣

17 hours ago, North West said:

Gordon Rowan & Mike O'Reilly playing Charlie D's prematch on Saturday, superb.

Great way to see out this season at our last home game of the season.

COYP

Charlie D's is closed on Saturday 

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Charlie D's is closed on Saturday 

Yes it is.

The guys were booked but after speaking to a couple of folk at the club, we were given apologies after they said it was shut due to staff shortages from a hospitality perspective. They'd tried all week to plug the gaps but to no avail. They rely a fair bit on youngsters/students and they've got exams. 

Gordon and Mike are now playing the Old Inn. So, they gain. 

Safety secured with a game to spare. Would have taken that after the Queens Park drubbing at home in February when a lot (myself included) felt the writing was on the wall. 

Lots of work to do in the Summer IMO, couple Championship proven signings early doors would be nice. George Oakley and Frankie Musonda for starters would do.

Considering we're at almost full strength, the piss poor displays the past few weeks show we need to clear out some dross. If we have a summer like last close season then we'll struggle yet again and I for one will start to lose confidence in the grand plan...

Last season there was one objective to get out of L1, the slow turgid football was acceptable to get that done. Really efficient. 

The last few weeks have shown to me that we need a change from the pedestrian tippy tippy pish that we seen to prefer. I might be a dinosaur but it's really not any fun to watch guys playing short passes back and forth to each other until one of them inevitably miscontrols it and gives away a chance or hoofs it out the park. 

Some entertainment would be welcome. 

I've been dreading these last 2 games in the run up to them both. Knew exactly how they would pan out. Thankfully both teams we played were absolutely rotten. Should relegate them both.

4 hours ago, Paranoid said:

270468.png

You old hoor!

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Safety secured with a game to spare. Would have taken that after the Queens Park drubbing at home in February when a lot (myself included) felt the writing was on the wall. 

Lots of work to do in the Summer IMO, couple Championship proven signings early doors would be nice. George Oakley and Frankie Musonda for starters would do.

Agreed, a significant turnover is needed.

3 hours ago, Heaton said:

Considering we're at almost full strength, the piss poor displays the past few weeks show we need to clear out some dross. If we have a summer like last close season then we'll struggle yet again and I for one will start to lose confidence in the grand plan...

Yup, McPake and his team need to be on it right from the start and also need to have contingencies for each target (they may have had said contingencies this season but it didn't seem like it a lot of the time).

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Last season there was one objective to get out of L1, the slow turgid football was acceptable to get that done. Really efficient. 

The last few weeks have shown to me that we need a change from the pedestrian tippy tippy pish that we seen to prefer. I might be a dinosaur but it's really not any fun to watch guys playing short passes back and forth to each other until one of them inevitably miscontrols it and gives away a chance or hoofs it out the park. 

Some entertainment would be welcome. 

Keeping the ball is great, but not if it ends up in a pass to wide(r) player who just punts it. 

We try to go up each side too much without coming inside. What I mean is we too often try to play a pass from defence up one side then try to rush up the pitch on that same side without coming in to the middle of the pitch more (and then moving it elsewhere).

Sometimes it is effective to play up the same side, and on occasion we do move it to the middle of the pitch to look for options. However, I think that the usual formation is too restrictive for this and we often struggle to find guys in space. Doesn't help when we have guys in the middle of the pitch who are too slow at this level to take a ball and move it effectively in an attacking sense.

A lad like KRH is wasted too often in McPake's favoured formation. Dundee United at home showed what he can do, but in the back 5 he's too deep and too often when he does get the ball he finds himself with little support.

Matty Todd is struggling a bit in our team because he's going back and forward too much and not getting the ball in attacking areas enough.

Lewis McCann has had a really poor season. He isn't a winger, he's a forward, probably more effective as a wide forward (different from a winger), yet plays like he is so unsure of what his role is. His goal and assist return is telling.

Think what concerns me the most, and I'm sure I won't be alone in this by any means, is we had the league wrapped up by mid April last year so should've been able to steal a march on recruitment. We definitely didn't. Signed MFW(class act) Benjamin(should have been Welch-Hayes) and Holmes(should have been Kane) in January and that fucked us up for that run of 3 games at home to Morton QP and Arbroath. I felt that spell really fucked our season, not really holding out for much next year as it stands under this set up.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Think what concerns me the most, and I'm sure I won't be alone in this by any means, is we had the league wrapped up by mid April last year so should've been able to steal a march on recruitment. We definitely didn't. Signed MFW(class act) Benjamin(should have been Welch-Hayes) and Holmes(should have been Kane) in January and that fucked us up for that run of 3 games at home to Morton QP and Arbroath. I felt that spell really fucked our season, not really holding out for much next year as it stands under this set up.

McPake and the squad have exhausted their good will. From the start of 24/25 there is none to give.

Next season will be the most competitive in years, even if County or St Johnstone join Livingston. There will be at least half the league who think they have a chance to win it, and the rest would imagine they have a shot at the Premiership playoff at the least.

13 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

One thing I’ve learned over the years is to never name players I’d like to see signed,  it never happens. 
I’m just glad the Pars and my tenner are safe where they are. I’m looking forward to receiving a tenner with six fingerprints from the same haund on it. 
I'm not sure what next season will bring, but as long as we don’t get whitewashed by the wee team again, and I win the majority of the tenner a win bets with the mutant Falkirk fan I used to work with. 
Now I’m away to text him about our staying up bet we made when I collected my league win cash from last season 

Yesterday was shite.  I actually nodded off a few times in the first half. 
I’m already wondering how many games I’ll go to next season. For the first time in my life, I’m feeling I can’t be bothered any more. A combination of the standard of football and the people who run our club. I had a chat with a long standing volunteer pre match and my thoughts were firmly endorsed regarding the people running our club. They are taking money out and giving practically fuk all back. 

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Next season will be the most competitive in years, even if County or St Johnstone join Livingston. There will be at least half the league who think they have a chance to win it, and the rest would imagine they have a shot at the Premiership playoff at the least.

If we get relegated we won't be in a position to challenge straight away. We're current in a position where we've no owners of the club, those in charge are just biding time for someone to take over, the squad is a complete mess and would be absolutely gutted if we go down, and then we'd be looking for a manager too as Levein would walk (hopefully).

County would be different and I'd expect they'd challenge.

I hope McPake has the courage to admit that some of his contract extensions were wrong, and tell these guys to find another club. (again I’m not naming players as I don’t want to spend time arguing and explaining myself) 

Any prudent manager would be starting next seasons campaign on May 6th by fixing the obvious frailties our team has shown this season. 

17 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

They are taking money out and giving practically fuk all back.

This is a very bold statement, indeed even accusation to make. You sound very confident in this, please tell us how you know this, and even post you evidence? 

Edited by Wacky
Because I used the word “this” too often

1 hour ago, Well over Par said:

Yesterday was shite.  I actually nodded off a few times in the first half. 
I’m already wondering how many games I’ll go to next season. For the first time in my life, I’m feeling I can’t be bothered any more. A combination of the standard of football and the people who run our club. I had a chat with a long standing volunteer pre match and my thoughts were firmly endorsed regarding the people running our club. They are taking money out and giving practically fuk all back. 

Interesting about your chat, I had a similar experience.