Walking Down The Halbeath Road

45 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Daily Record got us interested in Sean Byrne and Stuart Mckinstry amongst other clubs.

Queens Park fans don't seem to think McKinstry is up to much from what I've read. 

12 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I think Byrne will sign for Raith 

Likewise. While I think Rovers probably over-achieved this year, I do think some are too quick to write them off next season. Players in the transfer market probably see Raith and Partick as being in best position for promotion and as such, I do think we're going to find it hard to compete again next year. We're hardly flush with cash so don't see us over-coming this when it comes to contract negotiations. 

This is where I'd be happy to see us cash in on Edwards and see if a little extra money can be used to secure one or two key players to try and get some juice going for our chances next year.

At moment, Raith and Partick must be the favourites for 1st/2nd and that'll be reflected in the market.

30 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Likewise. While I think Rovers probably over-achieved this year, I do think some are too quick to write them off next season. Players in the transfer market probably see Raith and Partick as being in best position for promotion and as such, I do think we're going to find it hard to compete again next year. We're hardly flush with cash so don't see us over-coming this when it comes to contract negotiations. 

This is where I'd be happy to see us cash in on Edwards and see if a little extra money can be used to secure one or two key players to try and get some juice going for our chances next year.

At moment, Raith and Partick must be the favourites for 1st/2nd and that'll be reflected in the market.

^^^^ sensible post. 

57 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Agreed! I'd love Raith to implode but I think they'll get rid of some deadwood and keep the majority of their team, with the addition of some more quality. I do think Easton will move on to a Premiership club and I'll be glad to see the back of him... 

Hopefully the money for Edwards is used to bolster the playing squad and not just used up the general cash flow like the money for Nesbit was. As rightly pointed out, we're not awash with cash. David Cook stated the club will be reeling in the spend after 3 seasons of consecutive losses. Our best hope is McPake making extremely astute signings (Kane is a start) and working on keeping players fit and injury free. Gonna be a hard gig.

27 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

It's up to Cook and McPake to sell the club to potential stars. 

Agreed. And I hope they are both doing so. But money talks whether it's real or potential, and right now, I think we're still playing catch-up to Raith. Play-off finals versus limping into mid-table is a pretty substantial gap that's going to take more than Cook and McPake "selling" to potential players.

All of which I'm OK with. I still think it's a big ask to finish above Rovers and Partick next season given the relative starting points of the respective squads, but equally, Cook and McPake have to accept that top 4 is likely the floor of what will be acceptable. Unless you have a huge budget (and/or low cost-base), winning promotion is a bit of a slow burn - be competitive, be consistent, build up the quality of the squad each transfer window such that players start to see we're a serious contender.

Making the playoffs, showing up in numbers and making a fight of it is what Cook and McPake need to 'sell' this club to potential players. I know not many will admit it, but pretty much what Raith did this season.

1 hour ago, Heaton said:

Minus the cartoons hopefully 

Don't disagree. But for as much as the cartoons are a total cringe, they're still putting us to shame on the comms front. See the latest statement from their board on Twitter. It's obviously a lot easier when you start from a mighty low bar and unexpectedly over achieve, but they continue to show signs of seriously having their shit together. 

And that'll be the last of me singing their praises because quite frankly, it's giving me the boak. 

20 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

Don't disagree. But for as much as the cartoons are a total cringe, they're still putting us to shame on the comms front. See the latest statement from their board on Twitter. It's obviously a lot easier when you start from a mighty low bar and unexpectedly over achieve, but they continue to show signs of seriously having their shit together. 

And that'll be the last of me singing their praises because quite frankly, it's giving me the boak. 

There statement tonight doesn’t actually give any facts, basically just says we’ve done amazing since we took over. Average crowds have increased massively (they forget that is is no small part down to us and United). 

8 minutes ago, kdypar said:

Their statement tonight doesn’t actually give any facts, basically just says we’ve done amazing since we took over. Average crowds have increased massively (they forget that is is no small part down to us and United)

our home crowds have doubled , hospitality revenue up, pie sales up, merchandise sales up massively, a lot of this achieved by the way our board has engaged with us from the get go. tbh the crowds you brought to starks this year was the worst I ever remember Dunfermline bringing in 30 plus years I have been going  but maybe it was because of the £24 cost  etc. not saying they were terrible just remember the pars usually filling the north stand . The numbers were laid out earlier this season and our playing budget only increased slightly from the previous seasons

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, kdypar said:

Average crowds have increased massively (they forget that is is no small part down to us and United). 

I agree and disagree here. An average game against Morton/ICT/Ayr would bring in around 2k fans in total, this season we are well over 3k in some cases. Yes this is down to success on the park but is every club not the same? Do well and crowds go up, do rubbish and they go down. As for yourselves and Dutd, again, is a bigger supporter club not going to bring more fans? Will Falkirk fans be saying your crowds have increased largely due to them? I don’t think so. Mind you, their fans do love a good crowd w*nk so maybe they will 

Edited by Offshore Rover

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

I agree and disagree here. An average game against Morton/ICT/Ayr would bring in around 2k fans in total, this season we are well over 3k in some cases. Yes this is down to success on the park but is every club not the same? Do well and crowds go up, do rubbish and they go down. As for yourselves and Dutd, again, is a bigger supporter club not going to bring more fans? Will Falkirk fans be saying your crowds have increased largely due to them? I don’t think so. Mind you, their fans do love a good crowd w*nk so maybe they will 

Takeaway the United and Pars games and the average crowd is 3000ish. Which is a great increase of c. 50%. But you all know that the headline of doubling crowds is correct but mainly driven by away fans. 

Edited by kdypar

11 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

our home crowds have doubled , hospitality revenue up, pie sales up, merchandise sales up massively, a lot of this achieved by the way our board has engaged with us from the get go. tbh the crowds you brought to starks this year was the worst I ever remember Dunfermline bringing in 30 plus years I have been going  but maybe it was because of the £24 cost  etc. not saying they were terrible just remember the pars usually filling the north stand . The numbers were laid out earlier this season and our playing budget only increased slightly from the previous seasons

A crowd w**k mate.....really? 

I'm no genius but it's pretty obvious why our crowd was as low as you dramatically suggest......we were on a poor run of form and were in all likelihood in for a doing. Add in getting shafted for £24 and it's pretty obvious. 

Let's wait and see how your enormous crowds fare when your form tails off a bit. They had already dipped towards the end of the season after your bottle crashed at Tannadice if I'm not mistaken.

17 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Aye but mind there’s a boy who’s sold a care home who’s going to spend the proceeds on the team.

Maybe they will have a spectacular close season and push on with a stronger squad.   Or, they’ll have an indifferent start, the maintenance of their recent form and crowds simply isn’t sustainable in the medium to long term if they’re not winning most weeks and a damp squib ensues.  

Interestingly we are nowhere near people’s thoughts of top 4 for next season, which pleases me.  If our board can ensure a wee injection of quality into the playing squad (the likes of Kane is a good start), and ensure we start the season with a close to full squad, would be a wise betting person not to be writing us off.

46 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I'm no genius but it's pretty obvious why our crowd was as low as you dramatically suggest......we were on a poor run of form and were in all likelihood in for a doing. Add in getting shafted for £24 and it's pretty obvious. 

Let's wait and see how your enormous crowds fare when your form tails off a bit. They had already dipped towards the end of the season after your bottle crashed at Tannadice if I'm not mistaken.

Really ?  

40 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

It's amazing how some folk are duped so easily. 

Aye it is 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Last time I make the mistake of coming on this thread for a chat, f**k me I wish our defence was as good as you lot are about the pars🤦🏻‍♂️