Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Noticed they're already selling tickets for the new year derby. With a high chance of postponent around this time of year. There is little chance of anyone buying tickets until the day of the match.

Selling tickets now might generate the cash flow to allow us to use the USH for these games, which would significantly reduce the risk of postponement... No?

and that's why the squad will be cut to suit the new budget. If these players were all on 3 year contracts then I might buy into your doomsday nonsense

:lol:

We pay our taxes and don't owe our debt to the bank. Quite legit to me.

That's fine then eh?

I actually personally know Masterton and this is a load of bollocks. Away and boil your head.

Well, what is it? 10 or 11 million pounds? There's quite a big difference. Sounds like a load of bollocks anyway.

Or perhaps they've learned from the past and are being more pragmatic in their approach?

Clearly

Why is it that so many Dunfermline fans dim?

The above quote was red dotted three times.

:whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle :whistle

That's actually a wee bit obsessive bringing up posts from June.

I'm sick of reading rumour this, rumour that. Why can't the board just be honest and tell us what the f**k is going on, and then we can look at ways of trying to help?

That's actually a wee bit obsessive bringing up posts from June.

I'm sick of reading rumour this, rumour that. Why can't the board just be honest and tell us what the f**k is going on, and then we can look at ways of trying to help?

Had a wee 10 minutes at work sifting through earlier pages. Knew there would be something worth bringing back.

I get paid for doing feck all at times, needless to say.

Why can't the board just be honest and tell us what the f**k is going on, and then we can look at ways of trying to help?

That is the strangest thing of this whole scenario. If it's simply the case that we need £200K or so just to see out the season then why not just say so? I know it doesn't address any of the issues regarding the stadium, long term debts, loans and so on but if that's what it would take to play players, suppliers etc then at least we'd know what we are facing.

Given the history of terrible communications from the board maybe all thoughts of Machiavellian plots are way off the mark - maybe the board really are just so stupid that they've not thought of just coming out and saying "we need £200K, lets all get together and work out how to raise the money". Instead we have this Chemical Ali pretense from the board and a suspicion that giving money to the Pars is more wasteful than just setting fire to it.

According to their site, they have a squad of 19 for the U20s. So that means an average wage of about £450 (if the £10.5K figure is true) per month? Seems an awful lot for a youth squad.

Was thinking about this and considering your average under 21 year old would expect £700-£900 per month for full-time employment, these lads would be on a part-time contract or they are on less than minimum wage? Anyway good to see they are getting something and they could be the backbone of the squad in the coming few seasons.

Was thinking about this and considering your average under 21 year old would expect £700-£900 per month for full-time employment, these lads would be on a part-time contract or they are on less than minimum wage? Anyway good to see they are getting something and they could be the backbone of the squad in the coming few seasons.

Thistle have ours on modern apprenticeships which means the wages are tiny. I think the minimum is around £3-4 an hour, much less than the proper minimum wage.

Thistle have ours on modern apprenticeships which means the wages are tiny. I think the minimum is around £3-4 an hour, much less than the proper minimum wage.

So effectively like the old YTS. Even the Pars u20s are on just over a £100 a week. Masterton is probably chuckling away in his mansion while he heats himself off fuel oil he's syphoned from the USH system, allegedly ;)

Everything will work itself out we will be in a better place financially from January onwards of that im sure.

Hmmm. Either you're stupid or exceptionally stupid naive.

Then the backup plan would be put into motion.

Considering they barely have a plan A, I doubt very much a plan B would be sitting around.

Oh dear. I see now that those who are talking out about the club are being accused of wanting the club to go out of business or are 'rival bidders', although to have a 'rival' bidder you'd need someone to bid for it in the first place. It's rather like American politics of the Cold War.

Anyway, I want to buy this festive double ticket, but when I went on Pars Online there was no mention or sight of it. I can't seem to find details of it on COWS either. Am I being stupid here? Anyone got one or know how to? The fact that I'm having to ask on an internet forum gives you some idea of how poorly run the club is. These games are utterly vital yet I'm scambling around trying to buy a ticket for them! I would phone them or email them but since it's 18.31, I doubt I'd get an answer.

Edited by DA Baracus

Also out of curiosity, do any of the Pars fans here frequent Sinkys?

post-12228-0-41217100-1354733193_thumb.j

This is a photo I took of the Xmas trees on sale. It's a shite photo but it clearly shows some trees behind a small bit of fence. Frankly it looks shit and yet again shows certain people at the club to be utterly incompetent. There were no signs or anything. It's in the car park between the main stand and the cowden end

Edited by DA Baracus

Also out of curiosity, do any of the Pars fans here frequent Sinkys?

post-12228-0-41217100-1354733193_thumb.j

This is a photo I took of the Xmas trees on sale. It's a shite photo but it clearly shows some trees behind a small bit of fence. Frankly it looks shit and yet again shows certain people at the club to be utterly incompetent. There were no signs or anything. It's in the car park between the main stand and the cowden end

Think I'll give the Maw a call and tell her to go and help herself