Walking Down The Halbeath Road

PARS chairman John Yorkston hit back this afternoon following the collapse of negotiations with The Pars Community and said he had suspicions about the motives of the group from the start.

He said TPC had been a "distraction" over recent weeks and that he was talking to other potential negotiators.

The club's solicitors were this afternoon served with a winding up order from the HMRC and now £134,000 has to be found by the end of the month

for the Pars to survive.

However, Yorkston was in a positive mood, despite the events of the day and believes the fans will show their backing in upcoming home games against Dumbarton and Falkirk.

He said, "The way forward is getting the fans involved. If there's a share issue and the fans get 20 or 30 per cent then fine. Gavin's determined to get below the 50 per cent mark but he's not just going to walk away. Nobody would just walk away from it.

"We're talking to other parties. There's a gentleman, who spends a lot of time in Switzerland, who we've been speaking to. He contacted me over a week ago. I met him at Edinburgh airport at the beginning of the week. We had discussions and those discussions are on-going."

He said the potential investor was not looking to take over the club but to be a partner in running it.

"He doesn't want sole ownership but he wants to get involved."

It looks like Jim Leishman's role will be diminished over the coming vital days. Yorkston said the steering group headed by Leishman had just been

set up to negotiate with TPC.

He accused TPC of acting unprofessionally in their actions. "I find it impossible to deal with the way they've been acting. The stuff that's been on the e-mails, the internet is totally unaccceptable."

MP Thomas Docherty has offered to act as an "honest broker" in talks between TPC and the main shareholder.

However, Mr Yorkston said he and Mr Masterton would find it hard even to be in the same room as them.

He added that Mr Masterton had gone on holiday to get away from the abuse he had been receiving.

tumblr_lrycw87VIr1qzgfaio1_500.gif

Where is "the most recent statement by The Pars Community" ?

DAFC certainly intimating that they called for financial credibility on TPC's offer and got none ??

More over, TPC then seek further concessions ???

I can see why they would want to hide the names of those "Named Supporters" from DAFC but to not be able to escrow the 250,000 makes you wonder if there is sufficient finance at all ?

I can only think TPC have decided it's better to start again from scratch ?

So Masterton essentially asked TPC to give him the £250,000? Did he do the same to Pars Alive before? Rumours were also going about Potter was given money to pay the wages of the youths which Masterton asked for too, but was told to GTF (rightly so if true). I'd not shake the man's hand for fear that I'd only come away with four fingers (no Fife jokes please, serious business). The man is an utter c**t of an individual. As a banker, he's been one of many who have fucked the country over. He's taken out loans he doesn't deserve to prop himself up. He was part of a group that almost ruined Livi. To top it all off he's based an empire at Dunfermline on dodgy ideas and structures. He should rightly be told to get to f**k.

I honestly dont think this is over. I know some people with contacts to the Purvis group have been involved so far. I have a very strong feeling that this will be the party to save the club. It just needs to happen on commercial terms suitable to them.

I don't get this fascination with him being in Switzerland other than avoiding press/fans etc at present. If your alluding to him being in hiding as a result of something criminal surely he'd be away somewhere that he can't be extradited from.

Sadly,

Whilst I had no previous knowledge of this, I decided to check.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/police/extradition-intro11/extrad-part-1/

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/police/extradition-intro11/extrad-part-2/

Switzerland is a 'catagory 2' nation. Perhaps he can't necessarily be extradited.

"He accused TPC of acting unprofessionally in their actions. "I find it impossible to deal with the way they've been acting. The stuff that's been on the e-mails, the internet is totally unaccceptable." Yep - but sometimes you have to hear truthful, hurtful words to be made to understand the true feelings of those you have royally fucked over, not corporate style pleasantries..............ya dick.

MP Thomas Docherty has offered to act as an "honest broker" in talks between TPC and the main shareholder. A politician to add to the suits ??? f**k off !!

However, Mr Yorkston said he and Mr Masterton would find it hard even to be in the same room as them. - A tad "unprofessional" attitude there, dontcha think Yorkie ??

He added that Mr Masterton had gone on holiday to get away from the abuse he had been receiving." Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Unnecessary info there, trying to gain sympathy for the parasite ? :lol:

It was always a case of when and not if that this was going to go bang......

Masterton's comedy interviews recently kinda shows how Dunfermline were being run.....

Dunfermline tho are one of the many way back in the new SPL who overspent like money was water with no way to balance it at the time and obviously now an impossible task to break even come end of a yearly tax year....... Killie, Hearts, Dundee Utd and maybe Aberdeen have that ticking bomb and I will be surprised if one or more of that group will go down same route in my time

There is no treasure chest/golden pot anymore, gone are the years that a 1st Division team go up to the SPL and rake in the cash as Dunfermline wouldve found recently, Im sure they had to shut a stand.......

The bomb seems to be now ticking, you wont be the last club in this scenario but I suppose its the dark area to what will happen when it all explodes

Do you have a ground ?

Do you have a place in Scottish football ?

All the best in the future, I obviously dont want to lose the Pars, so hopefully they can resurrect in div 3 and will come back stronger which is a bit of a pisser.....heyho all the best

There is no treasure chest/golden pot anymore, gone are the years that a 1st Division team go up to the SPL and rake in the cash as Dunfermline wouldve found recently, Im sure they had to shut a stand.......

Tbf, was part of the problem not that their board promptly sanctioned increased spending... based on ludicrous predictions of home crowds... once they got promoted? If they'd wanted to 'rake in the cash' their Board could have, but instead it just got spent, no?

Who pays the administrator, they don't come cheap

Alan Thomson is a perfectly good IP based in Dunfermline who would do a job for a lot less than KPMG. Bryan Jackson tends to see football admins as fantastic publicity and takes reasonable fees. There's enough money!

Tbf, was part of the problem not that their board promptly sanctioned increased spending... based on ludicrous predictions of home crowds... once they got promoted? If they'd wanted to 'rake in the cash' their Board could have, but instead it just got spent, no?

The real stupididty began with the appointment of Calderwood. The season they finished second to us in 1999/2000 they were spending 120% of the clubs turnover on wages. They increased the wage bill the following season in the SPL and had two or three seasons of real financial doping which had them sitting in the top six for a while and all the rest of it.

It was an absolute pleasure when we relegated them the season we bounced back.

Would be chuffed with this development.

As stated countless time before, over several years, I have absolutely no sympathy for those involved, nor the club which cheated Scottish football for 15 years. If the club goes under then the fans should be active in forming a new club in the area, but there ought to be no prospect of it being immediately elected into the SFL. Work your way up through the non-league system, and there could well be a pyramid system in place by the end of that task.

You know what VT? You are a class A1 ar*e!

He is right all the same.

I understand that some folk will act as if this is the death of the peoples Princess and all the rest of it. But the club and fans were warned about all of this years and years ago. They did f**k all, they lapped it all up and waved a dismissive hand at anyone that suggested the board were making a complete horses arse of their club. The shit has hit the fan and is spraying all of them at the moment. Very unpleasant.

I'm sick of this shit. Digs at each other from both the club and the TPC. The fans are not getting transparency or clear information from either side. The TPC guy on Radio Scotland made a 'Masterton knows we're good for it' type comment regarding the investors in his group.

The TPC twitter account last night was a joke. Who are these guys? They might be current investors, known to those in the know but for normal fans like me I have no idea what's they are about. Say what ever you want about the SG, those 3 guys were at least brave enough to stand in front of us for two hours on Monday night answering questions.

I'm not entertaining any other idea of what happens next until the club is officially dead. But if these TPC c***s think they have a mandate to speak for the fans they are mistaken. Intentional liquidation of the club is not an option I will ever accept. For me to get involved in any phoenix club, it would have to be driven by a real grass roots fans movement, uncorrupted by ANY of the current players.

Dry your eyes champ. You're the one whose position towards debt cheats is flailing like a straw in the wind based on whether the club has a problem with bigotry or not. Any other provincial club could have chosen the same unsustainable route as Dunfermline: more prudent clubs like, say, Saint Johnstone were popping in and out of the First Division while Dunfermline were spunking an eight figure sum to reach European football and cup finals. The club has cheated their way to success over more than a decade.

Whatever happened to the "sporting integrity" being thrown around in the summer? Sporting integrity demands that cheats get their comeuppance, and that phoenix clubs should not be allowed to shed their debt for a name-change and a new start in the Third. Deal with it.

Edited by vikingTON

I've always had a soft spot for The Pars, especially since moving down south. Not that many folk down here have heard of Dumbarton, so when asked what team I support, most people assume I'm a Dunfermline fan with a speech impediment.

I sincerely hope this is not the end and you can somehow still get out of this mess.

Whatever happened to the "sporting integrity" being thrown around in the summer? Sporting integrity demands that cheats get their comeuppance, and that phoenix clubs should not be allowed to shed their debt for a name-change and a new start in the Third. Deal with it.

And how do you propose we achieve this? What are we called? What location do we play at? Who plays for us? And how do we get back in? The fans know we're no coming back...