Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Delighted Scully is back with us for another season! He was my POTY last season! Squad shaping up nicely; one striker away from us being finished, unless anyone was to be sold, which hopefully isn't the case.

Brilliant news re Scully. Think we'd be pretty much sorted with the addition of another striker and defender.

Agree, would be good to have a more experienced LB imo, however, I have faith in Whitts and Ross Drummond to sufficiently play in that position next season if signing a LB is financially unviable.

With the squad we've got atm, what would be your current Starting XI?

Mines would be:

Scully

Williamson

Buchanan

Page

Whittle

Falkingham

Geggan

Wallace

Forbes

Stirling

Moffat

Agree, would be good to have a more experienced LB imo, however, I have faith in Whitts and Ross Drummond to sufficiently play in that position next season if signing a LB is financially unviable.

Mines would be:

Scully

Williamson

Buchanan

Page

Whittle

Falkingham

Geggan

Wallace

Forbes

Stirling

Moffat

That'd be my starting XI at the moment. Midfield gives us a bit of a headache with Stirling being the only out and out wide man in the team and the rest play more centrally. Will Jefferies play with 2 strikers as well? Would reckon Wallace would work well in a more centre-forward role sitting off Moffat.

Be my team as well burty , only question marks over rb and who partners page, I'll wait till i see Buchanan play. They also may set up slightly different formation wise. Maybe 4-3-3 would be our best bet.

Overall I think we'll see a similar situation as last year. With only a few being guarenteed starters, geggan, scully and Moffat, Wallace if he stays fit. Everybody else will share the games about with is using a few different formations.

Mines would be:

Scully

Williamson

Buchanan

Page

Whittle

Falkingham

Geggan

Wallace

Forbes

Stirling

Moffat

I like the look of that team, Wallace is better out wide.

Maybe 50/50 over Page or Young but apart from that, the team above must be the strongest 11 and the question mark is over the formation.

I think that 4-3-3 is probably the best bet to start, then we can bring on Smith or Faissal to terrorise tiring defenders.

Good to read JJ saying that they are a fit squad and that pre-season will be pretty heavy on the ball work rather than having to run them up and down sand dunes to shake off the summer bulge.

Looks a really strong squad - no excuses!

Young is murder. Very lucky to have got kept on IMO. Think Martin looks a good player, Page had a good 2nd half to the season and don't have a clue yet about Buchanan but reports indicate he's a good player. Forbes need to up his game and work rate for the coming season, im hoping a good pre season does him the world of good, the quality is their just needs to put himself about.

Needs to be a front two of Wallace and The Moff. Potential to be CrawfordAndBrewster-esque. The stuff dreams are made of.

I like what I see in parts from Young. Quite inconsistent but then again he is young.

Page as first choice centre back? Was truly awful for us last season apart from the match at Parkhead where he played like Puyol. But then the rest of the team produced one off form that night.

Other than that he was one of the poorest of last seasons desperately poor summer signings batch.

Page as first choice centre back? Was truly awful for us last season apart from the match at Parkhead where he played like Puyol. But then the rest of the team produced one off form that night.

Other than that he was one of the poorest of last seasons desperately poor summer signings batch.

All he's been for us is steady which is what our defence needed. A league down, and not as under pressure as he would be in the horrendous form of Morton. It will be interesting to see how he gets on against them this year.