Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Fordyce played much of last season at right back so I'm guessing he will be deployed there and Talbot brought in at centre half.

Just as long as Geggan is not anywhere the f**k near right back. I'd play Murdoch at right back before Geggan.

Edited by GordieBoy80

I'd have made changes too, its not just tiredness for the Peterhead game, but more going into the dundee game, or even Stranraer where we may see some fatigue, IMO its not worth it, however i understand AJ's reasoning and it is a difficult one, but its good to need to make these decisions because we are playing well.

5 games into a season and we're talking about professional sports people suffering from fatigue, really?

5 games into a season and we're talking about professional sports people suffering from fatigue, really?

I agree with you. There's no way they're going to be fatigued, we should be fielding the strongest team possible. The challenge cup may be a diddy cup to some people but it's a trophy at the end of the day.

Shame for Williamsom. Makes the need for defensive cover more pressing but it will be easy enough for AJ to cobble together a decent back four out of the remaining guys. He has shown so far that he won't sign players for the sake of it. Potter absolutely strolled through his last outings (though they were about a year and a half ago) - I really wouldn't panic if he had to be thrown in at some point.

AJ has used the subs pretty early and given the front guys plenty of rest/rotation.

Shame for Williamsom. Makes the need for defensive cover more pressing but it will be easy enough for AJ to cobble together a decent back four out of the remaining guys. He has shown so far that he won't sign players for the sake of it. Potter absolutely strolled through his last outings (though they were about a year and a half ago) - I really wouldn't panic if he had to be thrown in at some point.

AJ has used the subs pretty early and given the front guys plenty of rest/rotation.

I agree. I'd rather Potter had a wee run in the team than some kid from Dundee Utd on loan till xmas. His legs aren't the quickest but Big Ben's are, I'm sure they could strike up something half decent for a few games.

Talbot in. Lewis Martin can have a go at right back as well now

I'd give this a go, rather than split up Big Ben & Fordyce. Martin is so comfortable on the ball I think he could play anywhere across the back or midfield. He was scampering about like a winger at times against Cowden and his lack of bulk is probably less of an issue in the fullback role.

I agree. I'd rather Potter had a wee run in the team than some kid from Dundee Utd on loan till xmas. His legs aren't the quickest but Big Ben's are, I'm sure they could strike up something half decent for a few games.

Aye, give the rest of us a chance Potter and Moffat will do just fine.

Shame about Williamson, surprised there aren't more injuries after last night's game.

Sorrry guys but i have to disagree on Potter, guy is finished although i am not sure he's ever had it when playing for us either. God help us if BRE or Fordyce get injured against Peterhead and we have to play him against Stewart and Hemmings :lol:

We badly need a new centre back and a wing back, hopefully AJ can bring in some loans to help us out.

Some of the threads/posts on .net regarding teams 'heavy handed' tactics are making me want to stick needles in my eyes :wacko:

Why do you read .net? What else would you expect on there?

Sorrry guys but i have to disagree on Potter, guy is finished although i am not sure he's ever had it when playing for us either. God help us if BRE or Fordyce get injured against Peterhead and we have to play him against Stewart and Hemmings :lol:

We badly need a new centre back and a wing back, hopefully AJ can bring in some loans to help us out.

Guy at my work mentioned that Dundee have a right back who was on loan somewhere last season. He wanted me to start a rumour. Which is why I've just typed this. But there is no rumour.

If it is the case that Ryan has suffered a double leg break, that could potentially be his season over already. Let's hope not. Vital player for us. Absolutely gutted for the lad :(