Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Really feel for Bell tbh. He was vital for us before his injury.

No time for 'charity' now I suppose.

The offers given to Rutkiewicz, Bell, Phinn and Clarke of prove yourself and you might get a deal are fair enough imo.

Jesus, surprised JJ hasn't walked when it's clear how much a hold the board has over the decisions. Both Potter's getting deals because of daddy-in-law, pretty sickening

What sort of position does there dad in-law hold at Dunfermline?

Has Bell been out a lot of last season? Was a player I've always hated Dundee playing against. Always wished we got him from Stirling.

Hasn't kicked a ball since November 2010

Steven Bell, undoubtedly, is a really talented midfielder. However, if he comes back from this injury next term, how well will he play again? As Rob said, he hasn't played in a game for about a year and a half. I'll be very surprised, permitting he does indeed stay on, if he'll get back to the way he played. These injuries ruin careers.

Pretty pleased with the work done by JJ so far, he's removed diddies such as Smith, Keddie and Potter, as well as realising that it's time for the likes of Hardie and McCann to move on from the club.

As stated earlier, i'm a bit disappointed that McDougall has gone and i also feel really bad for Bell. When he was fit, he was our best player by some distance and it's a shame that injuries have harmed his prospects of becoming the top player that he was destined to be. However, the club aren't in the position where we can afford to take our chances on him. Hopefully he can overcome his injury, finds a new club and gets his career going again.

However, i'm surprised that Mason has been offered a new deal, as i thought he would have been one of the first ones out the door. Not too surprised that Buchanan's been offered a new contract, although i'm not sure that he deserves one. Nevertheless, both have been offered reduced terms, so we'll just need to wait and see if they sign or not.

Very encouraged to read the manager's comments in regards to Gallacher, as it looks like he's going to be staying at the club and that will be a huge boost for us, as he will be the best keeper in the First Divison.

It's also interesting to note that JJ will be speaking to the players under contract next Tuesday. Guessing that will be to determine the futures of Cardle and Kirk, who have both been linked with moves away from the club and hopefully he might just tell Paul Burns to start looking for a new club.

33w7btg.gif

Surprised he didn't let Paul Burns go. He's as strong as an Abdine

JJ hasn't talked with the contracted players yet.

I am happy that Mason has been kept on. Guy does an ugly job and is vastly underappreciated but the guy is one of my all time favourite players. Hopefully he can set a good example on and off the park to the younger guys, especially his feelow central midfielders, Thomson and Byrne.

I'm also quite chuffed that we seem to be doing exactly what I wanted the club to do when we discussed this months ago in the DAFC chat thread. Younger players brought through and older heads to lead them. Excited about the future if we can make one or two decent additions in defence.

Mason is by far my favourite player at the club, does a lot of the dirty work between the midfield. Should be about eligible for a testimonial match after next season; over 300 appearances for us already.

Mason is by far my favourite player at the club, does a lot of the dirty work between the midfield. Should be about eligible for a testimonial match after next season; over 300 appearances for us already.

Not anymore. He did first time round at the club. This spell has, especially this season, has been less than favourable.

The releases so far have been pleasing. Suprised at Mason being offered a contract though. Hopefully Dowie and Kerr are told to go when they come back from their holiday.

Edited by DA Baracus

I like Mason. Unpopular opinion but I think he keeps possesion well.

Also, for all my fellow posters, if you'se want to be utter superstars, do me a favour and like the photo in this link on facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=411809218853745&set=a.250714891629846.66639.155995554435114&type=1&theater

Edited by Itzvan

i didn't say that.

next.

Both Potter's getting deals because of daddy-in-law, pretty sickening

So either John or Brian's father in law has told JJ he can offer:

- John a coaching role with the U20's (he could well be looking to continue playing in the 1st Div)

- Brian a reduced part-time contract to be goalkeeping coach

Offering 2 experienced boys positions at the Club - Your stomach is easily turned.