Walking Down The Halbeath Road

So far, the only player I'm a wee bit surprised at not getting kept is McDougall as he hasn't had much of a fair shot this season.

Hardie and McCann will probably end up at a team like Livingston.

Davie Graham also released. Current list:

Martin Hardie

Steven McDougall

Austin McCann

David Graham

No Davie, No!!!!!!

March back in there and handcuff yourself to Jeffries desk!

Shite, I'm going to have to change my avatar.

i really hope we keep dowzer

Why? He's been part of a defence that conceded eighty two league goals, he doesn't deserve a new deal

I'm glad that Hardie and McCann are away, however they both can be praised for their contributions to the club. McCann was excellent in his first two seasons, yet his form has dipped ever since. Hardie will always be welcome at EEP for his two goals against Raith in the biggest Fife Derby of all time.

Bit disappointed that McDougall is away, although i can understand the reasoning behind the decision. He's a player who hasn't been regularly involved in the starting eleven, yet he's got potential and i'm sure he'll find another club without too much trouble.

Hopefully a lot more players will be on their way today, in particular Keddie and Smith.

Why? He's been part of a defence that conceded eighty two league goals, he doesn't deserve a new deal

I'm glad that Hardie and McCann are away, however they both can be praised for their contributions to the club. McCann was excellent in his first two seasons, yet his form has dipped ever since. Hardie will always be welcome at EEP for his two goals against Raith in the biggest Fife Derby of all time.

Bit disappointed that McDougall is away, although i can understand the reasoning behind the decision. He's a player who hasn't been regularly involved in the starting eleven, yet he's got potential and i'm sure he'll find another club without too much trouble.

Hopefully a lot more players will be on their way today, in particular Keddie and Smith.

Agree completely with the bit in bold. Sorry to keep on at it, but I simply can't see why so many Pars fans are praising Dowie and making out that he was actually decent this season. He was utter shit, just like the rest of the defence, and fully deserves to go. In fact I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't.

Agree with the above comments re Hardie and McCann, and indeed McDougall.

Keddie, Smith, Potter, Dowie and Mason simply must be told to go as well. In fact the vast majority of the out of contract players who haven't yet been released should be. Certain others still under contract have to be transfer listed or loaned.

Shite, I'm going to have to change my avatar.

Cardle is still my avatar, but he's been as good as non-existent for the majority of the season.

Chris Smith was the keeper for the best defence(technically) in the first division season before last, it doesn't mean he was the best keeper though. And I can't see many people being to outraged if he leaves too.

Just because he was a part of the worse defence does not mean he is a bad player, it only takes a couple of weak links(McCann,Boyle,Keddie,Potter,Thomson) for a defence to fall apart, and it's certainly not Dowies fault he got paired alongside those players. Not to even begin mentioning the total lack of protection the defence got from the midfield.

Out of interest have you ever played football? in particular did you ever play in defence?

Intresting to see what type of player replaces McDougall and Graham. As I've touched upon before, I hear the boy Whittle is highly rated. That leaves him, Jojo super Jo and Willis for the wide players. With Hardie gone(was about greeting when I hear y the wy) maybe leaves room for another offensive type player in the midfield. Two names that popped into my noggin were Graem Owens, seeeing as Air-duh-ray didn't get promoted and JJ has managed him before, and the laddie Novikovas at Hearts as he isn't seeing much game time he might fancy a move. f**k knows if he is out of contract, don't think he is though so a loan deal could be possible.

Good to see McCann go.

Just because he was a part of the worse defence does not mean he is a bad player, it only takes a couple of weak links(McCann,Boyle,Keddie,Potter,Thomson) for a defence to fall apart, and it's certainly not Dowies fault he got paired alongside those players. Not to even begin mentioning the total lack of protection the defence got from the midfield.

Out of interest have you ever played football? in particular did you ever play in defence?

In my view, Dowie has just been as culpable to our demise as the rest of the defence, yet some of our fans think that since he's been the least shite centre back, he's worth a new deal.

For me, he gets caught out of position too easily, while it's clear that man marking isn't a strong point for him either. He's been at fault just as much as the rest of the defence and i do believe that none of the centre backs deserve to stay on at the club.

In regards to the last line of your post, i don't see what relevance that has to do with this discussion, so as far as i'm concerned, there's no point addressing it.