Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Dunfermline fans classed Graham and Cardle as "electric" wingers at the beginning of the season :lol:

Cardle scored 8 league goals this year and Graham won our POTY. I can't remember them being described as 'electric', however they have served us well.

Whittle is apparently a better player than anything we have so it makes sense for Graham to move on if we are cutting the squad down to 22.

So if the rumours are to be believed then we're currently looking at this in regards to the contracts situation,

Players Out Of Contract:

Steven Bell, Liam Buchanan, Pat Clarke, Andy Dowie, Bernardo Fernandez, Mark Kerr, Gary Mason, Nick Phinn, Kevin Rutkiewicz

Players Released:

David Graham, Martin Hardie, Alex Keddie, Austin McCann, Steven McDougall, John Potter, Chris Smith

I reckon Clarke is also away, while i have my doubts in regards to Fernandez staying on.

So if the rumours are to be believed then we're currently looking at this in regards to the contracts situation,

Players Out Of Contract:

Steven Bell, Liam Buchanan, Pat Clarke, Andy Dowie, Bernardo Fernandez, Mark Kerr, Gary Mason, Nick Phinn, Kevin Rutkiewicz

Players Released:

David Graham, Martin Hardie, Alex Keddie, Austin McCann, Steven McDougall, John Potter, Chris Smith

I reckon Clarke is also away, while i have my doubts in regards to Fernandez staying on.

I know Jeffries wants to keep Gallacher. He isn't out of contact however he will be the highest paid player at the club, although he will have a clause to reduce his wages due to relegation. So that means one of three things - keep Fernandez, have Goodfellow as back up or find a replacement back-up goalkeeper. As we are cutting the squad to 22, I'm assuming Goodfellow would become the back up 'keeper and if Gallacher is injured in a freak accident again then funds would be made available to pay for a more experienced 'keeper to cover.

Anyone fancy a wee game of guess where the released players will end up ?

McCann - Dumbarton

McDougall - Livingston

Hardie - Dumbarton

Graham - St.Mirren

Potter- Ayr United

Smith - Airdrie United

Keddie - Clyde

Edited by GordieBoy80

The news of Chris Smith and Alex Keddie being told their contracts will not be renewed for the 2012-13 season marks today one of marvel. Thank you, Jim Jefferies and The Good Lord.

child-crying-300x228.jpg

In regards to the last line of your post, i don't see what relevance that has to do with this discussion, so as far as i'm concerned, there's no point addressing it.

In the least offensive way possible it was the only reason why I could think that anything thought that because everyone in our defence was bad it should mean that everyone was culpable for it.

That isn't the case, various members of the defence and midfield were at fault, Dowie and McMillan were the only two defensive players who have any shred of dignity left after this season.

Edited by Grant228

McCann - Partick

McDougall - Ayr

Hardie - Queen of the South

Graham - Ross County

Potter- Falkirk

Smith - Falkirk

Keddie - Falkirk

Potter- Falkirk

Smith - Falkirk

Keddie - Falkirk

I fucking hope so laugh.gif

Also from twitter

Which Bitch?@MckenzieDuffy18 years ago today dunfermline were at hampden celebrating the best centre half to ever play in scotlands goal, true legend #AndriusSkerla

So from that:

Graham, Smith, Keddie, Bernardo, Hardie, McDougall and McCann are all gone.

Rutkiewicz, Bell, Clarke and Phinn are not being offered new deals, but will be allowed to return to the club after the summer to prove thier fitness and qualities to JJ and the coaching staff.

Potter isn't getting a new deal but may be brought on as a coach.

New deals have been offered to Mason and Buchanan but they can leave if they wish under freedom of contract.

McCabe has been offered reduced terms to stay on as Assistant.

The idea for next season seems to be a handful of experienced players with younger players making up the bulk of the team. JJ seems to be looking at Falkirk's example and admits that we might not win the title next season but we will be in a better position to go again unlike if we had a team of ageing, overpaid guys (i.e. summer of 2008)

Good stuff all round in my eyes!

Edit- Oh, and Kerr and Dowie are on holiday and JJ meets the contracted players later on.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

Jesus, surprised JJ hasn't walked when it's clear how much a hold the board has over the decisions. Both Potter's getting deals because of daddy-in-law, pretty sickening