Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Walk away like the last one did. I appreciate everything they are doing but that decision has set us back quite a bit. Perhaps we need to look for a major shareholder again. The fan run club only works if the fans turn up and his decisions and statements have turned fans away. The latest one will do the same.

Fan ownership doesn’t work. Clear from that statement your board are shitting it. Aye, we made a big loss too but we have a few guys on board who will sign the cheques when and if required, you don’t have that with the fan run model.

Incidentally Cardle was at Stark’s Park on Tuesday night, probably nothing to read into it but thought some on here would find that interesting.

Yep. I cant see us progressing under fan ownership. We've had the initial burst of money and now everyone has paid enough and had enough of watching crap on the park and being asked to fork out more for less.
There has to be someone out there who would invest?
That said with crowds of 2500-3000 we should have enough to be a steady championship side you would have thought?
I honestly can see us ending up like airdrie in a few years if we keep this model going forward.

53 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

What is our position next season? Out of contention of the top four? I would say so.
Asking the fans to pay more for less seems like a sure fire way to keep spiralling downwards unless we can get some hidden gems of players somehow.
We are relying on McNamara which worries me as we don't even know what his exact role is.
The board decision to back AJ after last season has set us back to our league one finances yet they want more money and more investment. I think if we finish bottom four they need to walk away. I realise they are working for free but they have made a total mess of it last season.
Why not just keep AJ if we couldn't afford it? Crawford was worse.

Goodness me. You speak some absolute shite.

How are we relying on McNamara? Please explain that one, although given you yourself say you don’t know what his exact role is I’m at a total loss as to your conclusion that we’re relying on him. Nonsense. 

Of course the board want more investment. Every single board in football does.

Why should they walk away if we finish bottom 4 next season? If the club have to go with more youth players that might be a possibility. If, somehow, new folk come in, and they’ll have to work with the same finances remember, and we then finish bottom 4, should they walk away as well?

It seems that making a mistake means a board should be punted. Not a viable ideology. They’ve even tried to get help with the McNamara company thing who are to give advice to the board.

Why not keep AJ? Because he was shite and the fans wanted him out. Crawford was shite too, but the board can’t actually tell the future, despite you somehow insinuating that they should be able to. They thought he might be able to turn our season around and push for the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Walk away like the last one did. I appreciate everything they are doing but that decision has set us back quite a bit. Perhaps we need to look for a major shareholder again. The fan run club only works if the fans turn up and his decisions and statements have turned fans away. The latest one will do the same.

Look for a major shareholder :lol:

Like who? The fans are turning up, just not in the numbers we want, because we had a shite season. If we have a good one they'll turn up again.

The latest statement won't turn fans away. I know you desperately want that to be true, but it won't happen. 'His' decisions? Ah, so like Williamson and Johnston it's strangely personal for you. 

You want someone to come along and throw money at the club. That won't happen.

What percentage of the club's income is made up of fan investment?

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

Yep. I cant see us progressing under fan ownership. We've had the initial burst of money and now everyone has paid enough and had enough of watching crap on the park and being asked to fork out more for less.
There has to be someone out there who would invest?
That said with crowds of 2500-3000 we should have enough to be a steady championship side you would have thought?
I honestly can see us ending up like airdrie in a few years if we keep this model going forward.

Hysterical pish. We've had one shite season and suddenly it's doomsday scenarios. We have been a steady Championship club for the last 2 seasons.

Why are you such a shitebag that a single bad season has you in an absolute mess? You've surely seen us have shite seasons before? It will happen again.

You are begging for us to go down and be like Airdrie, absolutely begging for it to be happen so that you can say "Ha, I told you all!". Very odd.

Hysterical pish. We've had one shite season and suddenly it's doomsday scenarios. We have been a steady Championship club for the last 2 seasons.
Why are you such a shitebag that a single bad season has you in an absolute mess? You've surely seen us have shite seasons before? It will happen again.
You are begging for us to go down and be like Airdrie, absolutely begging for it to be happen so that you can say "Ha, I told you all!". Very odd.

So no serious back up of your earlier remarks? Come on look, everyone fucking hates how pish that season has been but calm yourself ffs. It's knee-jerk reaction fucking pish. Wasn't it you that always said they saw the admin coming with Masterton and overspending, yet you're advocating going along similar lines again?!

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

I refuse to believe anyone is this stupid.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Fan ownership doesn’t work. Clear from that statement your board are shitting it. Aye, we made a big loss too but we have a few guys on board who will sign the cheques when and if required, you don’t have that with the fan run model.

Absolutely no chance of that going badly wrong at some point down the line. No, none whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

Would much rather we were just run with the money we make tbh, have absolutely no desire to go back to the days of that pish happening. 

I think that's a pretty decent early bird price. I'm going to get a season ticket this year for the first time in years. Sometimes work and circumstances mean I can't get to games but all going well should be able to get one this year. Bring on the jobbers!

So Steven Anderson just started following Pars on twitter and apparently stays in Dunfermline. Could be one of the ''couple'' experienced mentors we were looking for. Seems to fit the bill.

Not sure how he got on a Thistle.

Can we get Falky back now? You could chalk up 24 points for us straight away against Arbroath and Montrose/Forfar if that wee scamp was playing. No man on earth knows how to noise up part timers to the point they become bloodthirsty foaming wrecks on the field better than him. 

Edited by Shandon Par

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

So Steven Anderson just started following Pars on twitter and apparently stays in Dunfermline. Could be one of the ''couple'' experienced mentors we were looking for. Seems to fit the bill.

Not sure how he got on a Thistle.

Unless his legs have completely gone, I'd be very happy with this signing.

Hugely experienced with St Johnstone and while he's probably past his peak, we wouldn't have a chance of getting a guy like him otherwise. That signing would be a positive start indeed to the summer recruitment.

Perhaps he's coming in as a coach though? Would be logical that Davidson would have recommended him.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

He’s definitely past his peak. Can’t see him being good enough for St Johnstone in the top flight again, so can see him dropping to this level permanently now.

Had some mistakes in him, but in general was still a good signing for us though, and I’d be happy to have him back at Firhill next season.

Can we get Falky back now? You could chalk up 24 points for us straight away against Arbroath and Montrose/Forfar if that wee scamp was playing. No man on earth knows how to noise up part timers to the point they become bloodthirsty foaming wrecks on the field better than him. 

What did he ever do to them? The peterhead meltdown was glorious.

31 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

What did he ever do to them? The peterhead meltdown was glorious.

Poor wee Josh that day was like one of those folk in the padded suits that get attacked by trainee police dogs.