Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I can see now what the chairman was on about with Crawfords vision. If we get another few really good signings we could have a decent season. Looking forward to seeing the team come together and please we’ve got so many sorted so early and we can work on them for a change.

AJ seemed rushed and disorganised with his signing strategy. 

Wingers needed now and maybe an experienced striker. Expect a couple of loans maybe also?

Just remembered how Paton followed McNamara from Thistle to Dundee United in 2013, and was a right kissarse to him in the press that summer (much to the chagrin of Jags fans)

I've been pretty happy with our transfers so far, but Paton is the one which makes the least sense to me. Hope it isn't just a case of old boys helping each other out

Edited by AlehouseFitba

Even if it is I hope he does the business on the park.

I'm still very nervous about the coming season. It could easily turn out to be way above anyone's expectations, or fall flat like Falkirk.

9 points from the league cup group stage against lower league should arrest some fears. Still, we managed to grab some of league ones best players AND offload Hippo.

29 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm still very nervous about the coming season. It could easily turn out to be way above anyone's expectations, or fall flat like Falkirk.

I suppose the big difference is that they binned their academy to throw more money at the first team. Shields comes across as a bit of a guru with the youngsters and Stevie will have full confidence to play any that Greg believes are ready. 

Of course it’s a gamble but seems a better model than chucking maximum £££ at jobbers who once played for AJ at Queens or Killie.

Paton will serve a really specific purpose and in some senses he's good, undoubtedly though out of all our signings I think he's the worst football wise, but then having him in training, setting an example and in the dressing room will be good I think, one of the biggest problems by all accounts was splits in the dressing room. On paper last year our squad looked better but that's absolutely useless if there's no unity. 

I'd have Beadling, Thompson and Turner ahead of him in centre mid, but with Thompson being injured, Turner transitioning and Beadling picking up niggling injuries I can see him featuring pretty prominently until Christmas. 

Glad to hear Crawford talking about getting wingers. 

48 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Paton will serve a really specific purpose and in some senses he's good

No.

Hes not a "leader", he wont be "great in the dressing room", hes isnt a "tough tackler", he doesnt "protect the defence".

Hes has almost no redeeming features. 

No.
Hes not a "leader", he wont be "great in the dressing room", hes isnt a "tough tackler", he doesnt "protect the defence".
Hes has almost no redeeming features. 
Much as I hate to admit it, RG was right about this last year when we signed Paton.

He has another full season on the clock.

All there is to add is that Paton was fucking horrific at the start of the season, I mean one of the worst players I have ever seen levels. He sorted out some sort of health issue and improved of a fashion but he was still not very good. He certainly stopped embarrassing himself every week though.

Watch out for him being on the ball with time in the middle, and firing a sideways chest height pass directly at a winger or full back. Really picks some headscratching moments for that particular routine.

The snarling thing is pretty transparent too, but it does occasionally result in him absolutely slamming into somecunt which is worth a spot of applause. He also has the Partick fans mega rattled.

If, as is being suggested in the press- you’ve signed Tom Lang from Clyde..... you’ll be delighted.

Athletic- very fast, great in the air and on the surface- big dressing room presence- 

Really endeared himself with the fans at Broadwood and will run through a brick wall for the cause.

Look after him for us as when we’re in the SPL - we’ll have him back.