Walking Down The Halbeath Road

At least you never had to witness Kevin Nisbet at right back... 

f**k off :lol: I know Raith have had a tough time of particularly in recent years, but surely no.

Anyway, I came here to post this.

IMG_2600.jpg

D4E3E253-97B3-409C-B1FA-A4C90A735DED-1605-000000B138D200E8.jpg

One of my biggest hates in football is managers playing strikers on the wing.

Anyway, is Sorrel Chemin signing for Raith soon?

Came on here to read what folks have said about Gozie.

But as playing players out of position goes, when Kevin Cuthbert was care taker for us, he played Nisbet (who had already scored a fair few goals for us at this point) at right wing back. Was as bad as you’d imagine it would be ha!

(ETA - RATM, beat me to it!)

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

At least you never had to witness Kevin Nisbet at right back... 

26 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Came on here to read what folks have said about Gozie.

But as playing players out of position goes, when Kevin Cuthbert was care taker for us, he played Nisbet (who had already scored a fair few goals for us at this point) at right wing back. Was as bad as you’d imagine it would be ha!

(ETA - RATM, beat me to it!)

Should have been an immediate sacking offence.

36 minutes ago, smpar said:

f**k off :lol: I know Raith have had a tough time of particularly in recent years, but surely no.

Anyway, I came here to post this.

IMG_2600.jpg

D4E3E253-97B3-409C-B1FA-A4C90A735DED-1605-000000B138D200E8.jpg

Kevin Cuthbert had three games as caretaker manager between Barry Smith and John McGlynn. 

In the first, we lost five (four to Brian Graham) in a midweek cup game in Dingwall. On the Saturday, perhaps spooked by the vulture-like appearance of Nacho Novo in the stand, Cuthbert went mad and played a 3-5-2 with Nisbet as the right wing back. The following Saturday, he recovered only slightly and played Euan Murray there instead. 

I think McGlynn might've taken the job at that point out of sheer mercy, before Cuthbert stuck himself out on the right hand side of defence. 

19 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Actually don't remember too much of him. His goal scoring record was in League One. 

It's more of a shock to see his name again, I genuinely thought he'd never pop back up in Scotland again never mind at a local rival. I think he might do okay if the midfield provide him with enough chances (cliche alert). 

There's a vid on the Raith thread where Gozie says how much he enjoyed his time with us, liked the Pars fans, liked "the lads" and still looks out for our results. Hopefully he does reasonably well for them and earns a move back to East End and we them punt him on. 

Ugwu was really not that good. He scored 7 goals in 14 league games, with 3 against an absolutely shite Stirling Albion team. 

He's the kind of player that will no doubt come back to haunt us but I really can't give any positive reviews of him to Rovers fans. He just wasn't that good at all. 

Ugwu was really not that good. He scored 7 goals in 14 league games, with 3 against an absolutely shite Stirling Albion team. 
He's the kind of player that will no doubt come back to haunt us but I really can't give any positive reviews of him to Rovers fans. He just wasn't that good at all. 
5 years ago....

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

5 years ago....

Well, 6 actually since he signed in 2014, but anyway...

He was a carthorse and done absolutely hee-haw in the doldrums of English football since he left the Big Team. Good luck. 

Keep telling yourself that lad....

The first time I saw Nisbet play was at home to Ayr on a Tuesday night. We were 4/5th in the Championship at that point. He missed various chances throughout the night but the most glaring one was from 1 yard out. An open goal, one yard out. He literally hit an Ayr fan in the face.

The first time I saw Nisbet play was at home to Ayr on a Tuesday night. We were 4/5th in the Championship at that point. He missed various chances throughout the night but the most glaring one was from 1 yard out. An open goal, one yard out. He literally hit an Ayr fan in the face.

Aye it rolled across the goal line so slowly he could’ve got on his front and headed it in. Instead chipped it right over the bar.

He was talented I thought but had the wrong attitude coming into the club.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye it rolled across the goal line so slowly he could’ve got on his front and headed it in. Instead chipped it right over the bar.

He was talented I thought but had the wrong attitude coming into the club.

Aye he's said himself that he had a poor attitude and he realised that it was holding him back. He decided to totally change it and is now a Premiership striker.

I was more getting at your desperation to see a dud in his late 20s turn into s striking sensation just because it happened to Nisbet.