Walking Down The Halbeath Road

While sympathising with the position DAFC and their fans find themselves in.

You've got to ask the question of those running the club.... Has no-one seen the warning signs?

High profile news in the past 12 months with another club going bust, you could hardly miss it.

Incurring costs you aren't earning the revenue to pay will only ultimately have one outcome.

Yet there are several clubs who have got into difficulty but the lessons haven't been learned by all clubs.

Which is beyond understanding and dilutes and feelings of hard luck etc.

This hasn't been an issue to appear in the last year. Some Pars fans were worried. Some kept quite. Yet a good number of idiots claimed that Masterton was writing off debt each season and everything was rosy. He wasn't liable to f**k off anywhere and that they would find a way out of necessary.

Dude you can't just make stuff up.

Its just what I was told (hence the "supposedly"), it would be interesting to see real figures...

I would imagine some players will find it easier to get a similar gig elsewhere and wouldnt be too bothered with a fresh start if the oppurtunity came about. Eternal dudds like Andy Dowie might have a bit of a worry though...

Edited by ScottyC

There's a lot more to come on this situation. Masterton's other companies have now incurred a bad debt of circa £8.5m as there is absolutely no chance of any substantial recovery from DAFC. I would reckon that the whole house of cards is likely to come tumbling down now hence the reason for his reluctance up to now to put the club in administration.

Best prospect is that a new owner acquires both the club and the ground for a realistic figure (what's the market in second hand football stadia?).

Well, it hasn't stopped Masterton and Yorkston. We're all 14 year olds according to the latter....

Masterton reckoned we would get 1200X£17 for the Rovers game.

If anyone is released, don't they need to be signed by another club by the 31st or face not being able to play the rest of the season unless as a trialist?

Yup. I've heard this too. That would be absolutely fucking horrible for the players. Especially for those like McMillan who has a child and a mortgage to pay.

Yup. I've heard this too. That would be absolutely fucking horrible for the players. Especially for those like McMillan who has a child and a mortgage to pay.

Usually the worst hit in these instances..players, staff....never nice to hear this at all...it's people losing their jobs, their livelyhoods...

Did they pay tax on these cash in hand payments or is this just another example of DAFC trying to cheat their creditors?

Fans collected money in buckets at last 3 games. Went straight to the players yesterday.....

Did they pay tax on these cash in hand payments or is this just another example of DAFC trying to cheat their creditors?

f**k the Revenue, if we're chosing which debts to pay I would rather it be staff and local ones. I went through a similar thing a year ago and eventaully got (some) of my wages via the National Insurance Fund 6 months after being made redundent. The money collected in these buckets were alway earmarked for staff wages and not to service the general debt.

f**k the Revenue, if we're chosing which debts to pay I would rather it be staff and local ones. I went through a similar thing a year ago and eventaully got (some) of my wages via the National Insurance Fund 6 months after being made redundent. The money collected in these buckets were alway earmarked for staff wages and not to service the general debt.

Ok, but what if this wilful circumvention of paying tax, is seen as evidence, that DAFC have no intention of reforming their behaviour, and becomes the final nail in the coffin at today's liquidation hearing? Still happy then?

Ok, but what if this wilful circumvention of paying tax, is seen as evidence, that DAFC have no intention of reforming their behaviour, and becomes the final nail in the coffin at today's liquidation hearing? Still happy then?

Yeah but who say this money is coming directly from the club, i'm sure ParsAlive will be taken the credit considering they raised the vast majority of the hardship fund. (No good deed goes unpunished?)

Yeah but who say this money is coming directly from the club, i'm sure ParsAlive will be taken the credit considering they raised the vast majority of the hardship fund. (No good deed goes unpunished?)

It was handed over by the club.