Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Heard at the weekend that he’s only been training with us a few days a week because he’s been focusing on a coaching course. But that’s now finished and we’re expecting a decision this week. Don’t know how true that is, but would explain why it’s taken so long.

He plays more centrally now doesn't he? Would he take Chalmers spot on the left hand side of the 3? If Hamilton is in there it gives him freedom to do stuff and things. 

38 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I can’t really remember him making a decisive save or serious error in his three matches.

Think you’d have to rate him a 7/10 so far but still early days.

Does stopping Stanton making it 2-0 on Saturday not count? Right enough you're maybe not the best person to ask

Edited by da_no_1

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Does stopping Stanton making it 2-0 on Saturday not count? Right enough you're maybe not the best person to ask

It certainly was more a Stanton mistake not scoring than fantastic goalkeeping,  he did his job, and did it reasonably well to make that harder to score against him, but he didn’t do anything you wouldn’t expect a keeper at this level to be capable of

He made sure we were still in the game against Raith. Excellent stop after closing Stanton down. Can’t fault him for any the goals we’ve conceded. Still think Mehmet will be the main man once he is back. 

Hopefully we can get Wotherspoon and a striker sorted before Saturday. Getting KRH back in the squad will be fantastic too. How long is Todd supposed to be out for? Is it end of October they are aiming for? 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

He made sure we were still in the game against Raith. Excellent stop after closing Stanton down. Can’t fault him for any the goals we’ve conceded. Still think Mehmet will be the main man once he is back. 

Hopefully we can get Wotherspoon and a striker sorted before Saturday. Getting KRH back in the squad will be fantastic too. How long is Todd supposed to be out for? Is it end of October they are aiming for? 

Think Todd could well be at the stage KRH is at now, by time we next play Raith on 28/10. Training with the first team but maybe not quite yet ready. I think the original expectation was late October/early November. Matty Todd is a freak, elite level athlete though so he might well shock us.

If anyone is going to the reserves game today, keep an eye out for Wotherspoon, the big Swedish boy, and Jukubiak celebrating a Dundee goal. 

Edited by DAFC.

RE Wotherspoon, I heard on Saturday that we’d offered him what he wanted, then he came back asking for more coin which we refused, then he went elsewhere to try and get something else before coming back to us asking for original deal. Not sure how true that is.

I know it probably means nothing but he started following us on Twitter yesterday which seems weird if he isn’t signing.

7 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

RE Wotherspoon, I heard on Saturday that we’d offered him what he wanted, then he came back asking for more coin which we refused, then he went elsewhere to try and get something else before coming back to us asking for original deal. Not sure how true that is.

I know it probably means nothing but he started following us on Twitter yesterday which seems weird if he isn’t signing.

I’d offer him the original contract the greedy hoor. 

Just get him in the door. Need a bit of creative quality and experience going forward which was pretty evident on Saturday. 

If we could get him and Jakubiak in, then KRH making a return. Things could be looking a lot brighter in the forward areas.

15 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I’d offer him the original contract the greedy hoor. 

8 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Just get him in the door. Need a bit of creative quality and experience going forward which was pretty evident on Saturday. 

If we could get him and Jakubiak in, then KRH making a return. Things could be looking a lot brighter in the forward areas.

I agree. Offer him the original offer that was on the table, which was what he asked for and get him in.

Likewise with Jakubiak, I’d like to see him in too. I have to be honest I wasn’t completely arsed about him, but the Dundee fans have been very complimentary since he left and saying he just had bad luck with injuries with them but was finally coming on to a game when he was let go in the summer. He did look good in that Queens Park Vs Dundee game at the end of the season where Dundee went on to win the title.

10 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

"Swing and a miss'......fucks sake that's awful

I actually feel sorry for you. You seem incapable of saying anything positive about the team you support. How sad.

I was effusive in my praise of the team after our game at Tannadice.

Not my fault you’re having an extended hissy fit because someone doesn’t agree with you.

Admittedly I've only seen the Airdrie game this season but as well as a few new faces, I think we need to encourage more players getting into the box. Often feel if McCann gets the ball on the left there's only Wightkn and perhaps Comrie coming in from the right. Maybe Otoo could get himself more into the box like his goal on opening day. 

Not wanting this to sound like one of those "just seen so and so at Stephens so must be signing" posts but I was just at the Co-op on Linburn Road and a man who very much looked like Joe Mumbongo wearing the yellow Errea training top got into a big Range Rover and drove away. Wasn't sure if the big fella was still with us, perhaps getting a run out today? I assume we can play trialists in reserve games?

Edit - I don't think he was in getting a Bridie btw. 

Edited by The Toun Clock