Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Fair banging through the games now. Only 4 but that's just over 10% of games

We have 5 points from 10%. Extrapolate that to 100% and it's 50 points, which last season would see us 7th. 

However it was a very tight league last season, and we still have players to come back. Reckon KRH will start at Hampden and by new year we should have Matty Todd back. In addition we have Summers and Moffat to bed in and potentially another one or two. Not been a bad start and it's promising that we've been a bit disappointed by it.

Screenshot_20230902_193140_Opera.thumb.jpg.5a9e240bede7f9ae6e6d607a626252ab.jpg

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Fair banging through the games now. Only 4 but that's just over 10% of games

We have 5 points from 10%. Extrapolate that to 100% and it's 50 points, which last season would see us 7th. 

However it was a very tight league last season, and we still have players to come back. Reckon KRH will start at Hampden and by new year we should have Matty Todd back. In addition we have Summers and Moffat to bed in and potentially another one or two. Not been a bad start and it's promising that we've been a bit disappointed by it.

Screenshot_20230902_193140_Opera.thumb.jpg.5a9e240bede7f9ae6e6d607a626252ab.jpg

Yeah. Not played the likes of Ayr, Morton,Arbroath etc.We've had a pretty difficult start of fixtures. ~Really need to sign strikers though.

32 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Yeah. Not played the likes of Ayr, Morton,Arbroath etc.We've had a pretty difficult start of fixtures. ~Really need to sign strikers though.

Got a wee break until the next league game. Hopefully Wighton is back and perhaps a new signing.

Anyone know what the issue with Wighton is/was? Also hopefully Benedictus is OK for the next game. Looks like a foot injury where he kicked the bottom of someone's boot, so hopefully just a soft tissue injury and he'll be fine in two weeks. 

Next week should be mostly youth players, although would like to see KRH, Summers and Moffat get minutes.

Yesterday was my first game of the season so my first chance to see the new team:

Thought Summers was really good second half. Really liked how direct he was and almost scored a beautiful goal at the end. 

Great to see KRH back and causing issues. Him, Summers, Todd and McCann is an exciting thought!

On McCann, his hold up play was decent at times but I don’t think we can play him through the middle. Much better out left.

This Sharp guy gave me Greg Fleming flashbacks with his inability to catch and command his box and that weak shot crawling past him. Need Mehmet back asap.

Comrie has bulked up a lot over preseason it seems.

O’halloran didn’t impress at all. Hopefully just an off-day.

After the Falkirk 2-2 I wrote Otoo off as a centre half. But I now take that back, I was impressed with him yesterday.

Sign a striker asap.

It was also a nice touch with the minutes applause for young Kray.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyone know what the issue with Wighton is/was?

Just making sure he doesn’t get an injury, ahead of his medical at Dundee United.

No, in all seriousness, no idea. Find it really strange Wighton’s absence wasn’t mentioned at all in the post-match interview.

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Just making sure he doesn’t get an injury, ahead of his medical at Dundee United.

No, in all seriousness, no idea. Find it really strange Wighton’s absence wasn’t mentioned at all in the post-match interview.

Slightly concerning, the worrier in me says that if it was just a minor illness, JM would've been quick to say. 

On Sharp, is it worth giving Little a chance in the Challenge Cup, and if he gets through it error free giving him the gloves? 

5 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Slightly concerning, the worrier in me says that if it was just a minor illness, JM would've been quick to say. 

On Sharp, is it worth giving Little a chance in the Challenge Cup, and if he gets through it error free giving him the gloves? 

Agree with both of these points. I feel like if it was minor, McPake wouldn’t hesitate to bring it up - as he did when McCann missed the United game.

I’d give Little the challenge cup game. I think Sharp’s cup tied anyway - did he not play for Dundee the day before signing for us? To be honest, I’d play everyone who was on the bench yesterday - plus any loan/free agent signings we make this week. Need to play O’Halloran too, to improve his match sharpness. But keen to give our starters a rest, where we have cover for them. Summers unavailable anyway, I think.

I’m just watching a recording of the scumfirm game right now, and Joe Hart came out and comfortably gathered the ball inside his box. Ok, so the gers player was was close to getting the ball away from Hart, but the keeper had it under control. 
The thing is McCoist said the ridiculous phrase that I hear many so called pundits say “Hart just about got away with that” when he very clearly did get away with it. Why the f**k do all these pundits make this totally daft statement, when it’s very clearly wrong. 
to just about get away with it suggests to me that a player came close but failed to be successful, but these complete boolsacks say it when the player clearly didn’t fail. 
WTAF 

ETA, it’s not McCoist 

Edited by Wacky

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

Jings! I didn’t hear anything about this. Can you elaborate please? 

Eighteen year old lad died in his sleep. Home and away Pars fan and stood in north west. A great lad taken too soon. Sung his name yesterday and applause in 18th minute was for him.