Walking Down The Halbeath Road

We have a game on Friday night. Neither will start and it's possible only one will be on the bench anyway. No first team players are in the reserve team squad today.

Reckon it's some worry over absolutely nothing.

Well if it's anything like last week we'll get the pre-match interview tomorrow ahead of Friday's game. I think they'll be involved in the squad on Friday so likely they're wanted at training today. I drove past them training this morning and funnily enough on the way back I passed two of the young guys who are playing for the reserves so the times would have clashed.

Friday game means less time to recover/assess impact of the reserve game. The management/medical team probably just think it would be better to get a full week of training and 10-15 minutes on Friday, rather than not training today, playing 45 mins and then being on a recovery schedule for 2 days before the game on Friday.

24 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Well if it's anything like last week we'll get the pre-match interview tomorrow ahead of Friday's game. I think they'll be involved in the squad on Friday so likely they're wanted at training today. I drove past them training this morning and funnily enough on the way back I passed two of the young guys who are playing for the reserves so the times would have clashed.

Where about do we train nowadays? I go past the Civil Service Sports Ground and I've not seen anyone there. 

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Where about do we train nowadays? I go past the Civil Service Sports Ground and I've not seen anyone there. 

Pitreavie on the 11-a-side 4G mate. I'm not sure if that's every day or not but definitely on a Monday/Tuesday as I take my wee boy to my mums around 11:15 on those days and can see the yellow shirts running about. my wee boy used to do Pars Foundation Mini Dribblers on a Monday morning too and they'd be coming on to start as he was finishing.

No idea what the craic is with the Civil Centre Sports Ground. Hopefully a supporters meeting isn't too far on the horizon and these questions can be asked.

3 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Pitreavie on the 11-a-side 4G mate. I'm not sure if that's every day or not but definitely on a Monday/Tuesday as I take my wee boy to my mums around 11:15 on those days and can see the yellow shirts running about. my wee boy used to do Pars Foundation Mini Dribblers on a Monday morning too and they'd be coming on to start as he was finishing.

No idea what the craic is with the Civil Centre Sports Ground. Hopefully a supporters meeting isn't too far on the horizon and these questions can be asked.

I drive last the Civil Centre Sports ground and nothings happened for months, today however there was a couple of diggers? Parked up which says something is going to happen. 

4 hours ago, HoBNob said:

I drive last the Civil Centre Sports ground and nothings happened for months, today however there was a couple of diggers? Parked up which says something is going to happen. 

The search for Noel Hunt’s dog takes a tragic turn.

13 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Should have just laid an astro at East End and had all our operations there. I'll die on this hill.

4 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Should have just laid an astro at East End and had all our operations there. I'll die on this hill.

I understand it from a point of training, having everything in one place but I love a grass pitch. Saying that, since I'm only in my early 30's, my glory days of watching the Pars were during our plastic pitch era, maybe it's time to come home... I think someone did ask this at a supporters meeting last year and as far as I'm aware it wasn't something the club were looking at.

If we can have a nice academy with artificial surfaces then I'd sooner have that than having a plastic pitch at EEP.

12 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Aye if he's warming up and getting back into the routine that's positive. 

Honestly don't expect either Todd or KRH back to their best by new year. Earlier would be great but we need them to not suffer any more set backs.

Our of interest why do you think it will take 2 months? Todd has had a full pre season.

52 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Our of interest why do you think it will take 2 months? Todd has had a full pre season.

Yeah! But the laddie has been out for some time. IMO, football teams evolve as the play more competitive game, our two lads haven’t been involved with that so will take a while to get up to speed. I don’t think it’ll take until January tho, but I’m no expert on this. 
One thing is for sure, I’m beyond excited about the guys being on the bench, and if they get even a wee ten minute run out I’d be well pleased. 
the whole dynamic of the team will change and evolve if our dynamic duo get regular starts again.